HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

Hi everyone.

Started leveling this build during christmas break (was bored to death with blade flurry) and...I don't regret it one bit. It's everything I want in a build : lots of flashes and explosions everywhere (extra bonus : all spells triggered have mtx to up the colorfullness).

Today I met with my first wall : Unravelling Horror (Quay map). Died 5 times on that...thing before switching to my old character to clear the map (I know, I'm weak T^T).

Just one question before leaving : How much life and dps/what gem level should I have before attempting Uber Lab (never done it before, so I have absolutely no clue how hard are the fights with Izaro) ?

Thanks for the build JohnOldman, it's a blast to play.
"
Atori wrote:
Hi everyone.

Started leveling this build during christmas break (was bored to death with blade flurry) and...I don't regret it one bit. It's everything I want in a build : lots of flashes and explosions everywhere (extra bonus : all spells triggered have mtx to up the colorfullness).

Today I met with my first wall : Unravelling Horror (Quay map). Died 5 times on that...thing before switching to my old character to clear the map (I know, I'm weak T^T).

Just one question before leaving : How much life and dps/what gem level should I have before attempting Uber Lab (never done it before, so I have absolutely no clue how hard are the fights with Izaro) ?

Thanks for the build JohnOldman, it's a blast to play.

for uber lab you need around 6.5k life running fortify and cloaked in savagery.

Itzaro fight changes everyday, for us we can facetank all of them except the days he has 2H mace, if he hits you with the big slam on last fight and he has any sort of buffs he can oneshot you if he crits.

Luckily all he does that can threaten us have huge windups, whenever you see him pausing and doing obvious windups leap slam away and wait for him to finish the attack. try to always circle around him with cyclone if you are new to the fight that usually helps avoiding most of his dps, once you get used you will want to eat everything he does to proc more cwdts.

gems being at +18 should be more than enough dps.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Hey John.

This build is great. I'm melting low tier maps (Just started a few days ago after a bit of a break from poe) on two five links.

I've made sure to have as little armor as possible. I'm fairly sure I only have the 16 armor you get from the Phys node next to the scion life wheel.

I have a few questions:

How important is the CWDT part actually? I'm looking at your videos, most of the mobs just die to your cyclone in about 0.1 second. Half of the smaller packs don't even Trigger your CWDT.

I just feel like I'm a Cyclone build that occasionally triggers the CWDT. Rather than a build that uses Cylone to trigger the CWDT main damage source.

Should I build Accuracy? have about 82% hitrate. Do I damage myself more often if I get it closer to 95%?

Have you ever considered Unwavering stance? It's 4 points away from your main route and it would make you unable to evade attacks. If you can evade your own reflect that should technically increase your self-damage by 30%. (I got about 32% chance to evade attacks)

Finally I was wondering if you've considered Flicker strike.

using a 2h Poacher's mark and Blood rage is enough to keep up charges permanently. The link would be Flicker > Melee splash > Melee phys > Multistrike > faster attacks > Fire damage

Using flicker strike you can get an attack time of about 0.07 seconds while using the tree. With only a small loss for using frenzy on bosses.

Anyway. The build feels really good, the cast speed of the spells just feels off to me. (Even though I have 0 armor.)

Edit: Just to check. I'm guessing that http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fragile_Bloom Isn't worth it for the damage taken.
Last edited by OIdcheese on Jan 2, 2017, 9:07:29 PM
"
OIdcheese wrote:
Hey John.

This build is great. I'm melting low tier maps (Just started a few days ago after a bit of a break from poe) on two five links.

I've made sure to have as little armor as possible. I'm fairly sure I only have the 16 armor you get from the Phys node next to the scion life wheel.

I have a few questions:

How important is the CWDT part actually? I'm looking at your videos, most of the mobs just die to your cyclone in about 0.1 second. Half of the smaller packs don't even Trigger your CWDT.

I just feel like I'm a Cyclone build that occasionally triggers the CWDT. Rather than a build that uses Cylone to trigger the CWDT main damage source.

Sometimes smaller packs wont trigger cwdt if they don't have rare or blues but they build up the damage for the next pack, on bigger packs around 60 to 70% of your damage comes from the cwdt, and it varies a lot on bosses, if the boss ditch enough damage like Chayula, cwdt will do most of the dmg.

"
OIdcheese wrote:
Should I build Accuracy? have about 82% hitrate. Do I damage myself more often if I get it closer to 95%?

Getting acc on an item wont hurt you, generally poachers covers your for most of the needed, i cant give you exact numbers atm but with just acc on one item you shoud be capped as long as they have poachers active

"
OIdcheese wrote:
Have you ever considered Unwavering stance? It's 4 points away from your main route and it would make you unable to evade attacks. If you can evade your own reflect that should technically increase your self-damage by 30%. (I got about 32% chance to evade attacks)

Since you are immune to stun while cycloning and im always struggling to get more hp to avoid oneshots i had low priority on unwavering, if you get lvl +95 and feel safe while mapping its a good option to upgrade your clearspeed, however you should always look for low defense bargains on poe.trade only eva item you cannot "evade" its carcass jack.

"
OIdcheese wrote:
Finally I was wondering if you've considered Flicker strike.

using a 2h Poacher's mark and Blood rage is enough to keep up charges permanently. The link would be Flicker > Melee splash > Melee phys > Multistrike > faster attacks > Fire damage

Using flicker strike you can get an attack time of about 0.07 seconds while using the tree. With only a small loss for using frenzy on bosses.

Flicker is clunky and much harder to make it smooth, my thinking while making builds is always, gearing my core items and never stop mapping, look for items on the phone when at work, do a buy session if there is something nice once i log in, then don't get distracted from mapping or whatever i plan to do. Gearing around a smooth flicker without interruptions is a pain in the ass, cyclone works best for me in this build, also with flicker if you manage it to chain it between packs creatures don't have enough time to touch you before they die, at that point you might as well go pure attack damage, cospri's discharge or something else.

"
OIdcheese wrote:
Anyway. The build feels really good, the cast speed of the spells just feels off to me. (Even though I have 0 armor.)

The harder the content the better the CWDT proc, once you start mapping on red maps with damage mods you will see them more often.

I just alch & go maps 99% of the time, on t+14 the CWDT do most of your damage while keeping you alive. Whenever there is any reflect on the map the cwdt goes nuts and chains with itself, the clear becomes how fast can you run to the next pack.

However If you want more procs and faster clearspeed go scold variant, (this late in the league they are already cheap at 70-100c), you can proc cwdt at will by doing shorter cyclones, all scold damage counts towards your CWDT counters and cloaked its always up, downside is you end up with less EHP and need to be much more careful while playing, maybe run basalt flask permanently on top of fortify.
Alright. Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that after upgrading my gems to 18/19 cwdt/gems my survivability and damage went up by a ridiculous amount. So that might've been why it felt off even though I had a decent HP pool and 5links.

Edit: I seem to be getting destroyed by bosses that can't do 15% of my max hp in one hit. Villa map boss just hits you 20x with his trap. Xoph surrounded himself in AOE without using his auto attacks. Is there anything I can do to leech more in situations where I can't trigger Cloaked in savagery? I noticed that I usually can't even leech enough to make a net-positive life gain on single target bosses.
Last edited by OIdcheese on Jan 3, 2017, 6:14:02 PM
that sems weird, only boss where it ever happened to me was the shaper version of the plaza boss, i had to waste a portal in order to get loh/life leech gems.

For bosses u cant sustain through potions and cloaked wont trigger try using lifeleech/life gain on hit or both at the same time on cyclone, use fortify on leap slam instead of bloodmagic, swap all after the fight, settup is much less than optimal for anything else.
"
JohnOldman wrote:

for uber lab you need around 6.5k life running fortify and cloaked in savagery.

Itzaro fight changes everyday, for us we can facetank all of them except the days he has 2H mace, if he hits you with the big slam on last fight and he has any sort of buffs he can oneshot you if he crits.

Luckily all he does that can threaten us have huge windups, whenever you see him pausing and doing obvious windups leap slam away and wait for him to finish the attack. try to always circle around him with cyclone if you are new to the fight that usually helps avoiding most of his dps, once you get used you will want to eat everything he does to proc more cwdts.

gems being at +18 should be more than enough dps.

Hi again.

6.5k hp, is that for izaro full buffs (max key runs) or for the ascendancy points runs (no/the less buffs if possible)? (praying for the former, as I'm 1k hp short if not).

Have a nice game.
Last edited by Atori on Jan 4, 2017, 5:34:13 PM
"
Atori wrote:

Hi again.

6.5k hp, is that for izaro full buffs (max key runs) or for the ascendancy points runs (no/the less buffs if possible)? (praying for the former, as I'm 1k hp short if not).

Have a nice game.

6k will do it if you dodge windups and he is bufless i wont usually go with less since i can get that amount of life by the second day of the league, but i may play too much on new league starts...
I really love this build. Did my first breachlord yesterday and destroyed the entire rift and the boss. For the record, I did Xoph and I tapped 3 of the pylons during the bossfight. Since this was my first breachlord, I didn't know what they did, but the screen filled with mobs, and I was on constant cloaked until Xoph was dead - about 15 seconds.

Seems this build was made for breech. Too bad breach isn't more rewarding, or it would be worth farming. Unless I am mistaken, is it really aimed at the challenge hunters?

Here's my build so far: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Miacova/characters (Berserker)

I tried to follow the guide to the letter. Only made a couple changes to my running around build. I rarely ever take fortify off leap slam. It's such a good opener, and 7 times out of 10 will proc cloaked on the initial slam.

About the only thing I have problems with are bleeds and candlesticks. yea, that's right, candlesticks. For some reason you can't "see" beyond a candlestick and therefore cyclone will stop dead. Not good in higher end maps when a second is all it takes to drop you from 6.5k to nothing if you aren't leeching. (BTW, when I say candlesticks, I mean anything small on the map you get stuck on).

As for the bleeds, there is no rest for the wicked. You see, I sometimes like to play one handed while I vape with the other. This is not possible when on any map where monsters have a chance to tack on a bleed just before they die. This always seems to happen when there is something interesting to loot on the ground and you aren't looking at your health bar. Once I got my health to 6.5k, I bought a little more time to hit the staunch pot. But when I was at 4.5k to 5.5k I was dying to bleeds a lot - the silent killer =/

I have a good friend of mine who helps me more than he should, and has done a great job helping me find the right gear with the right stats. However, if you have a spare moment, JohnOldman, could you look over my Berserker character and see if there is anything you would do different? I won't be offended if you can't look at everyone's characters. Just thought I would ask for an opinion from the creator of this awesome build.

The one change I liked that was sort of mentioned as a workaround for physical reflect maps was to add culling strike to the mix. I swapped out Hypothermia for Culling Strike because I really liked all the gore explosions, but for more serious engagements, I swap hypo back in.

Finally, I want to ask the rest of you if anyone running this build has crashed running crazy busy maps like Poorjoy's in a large group. Last night I was in a Poorjoy's rotation and about once per map, usually on a very large packed room the game would crash for 2-3 of the party, and the rest of the map would be finished by the remaining players. This happened on 5 of the 6 maps, where I crashed on 3 of them. I just wasn't sure if the game could handle all that business going on at once.

I will try again doing Dried Lake or something and see if I can proc the crash. Just thought I would ask you guys since I didn't really find anything like this in the support forums.

TL;DR - you aren't into this build, so none of it will matter to you.
@Miacova:

Run added fire instead of iron will, unless its a red map with +40 ele resist or ele reflect map and you think you can die.

try to look for a helm and boots with 0 armor, even though they have little they still ruin tons of reflected damage if you also run fortify.

never ever use granite, it negates hiltless completly and barely helps for oneshot hits, if you need protection run Basalt flask.

You should put bleed immune on the basalt if you arent running atziri flask, it should help for your problem.

However have one with shock immune ready for maps with shocking ground

Other than that, character looks ok.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jan 5, 2017, 6:48:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info