Planning on fixing shipyard anytime soon GGG?

"
Tonuk wrote:
So let me get this right. Someone got lucky with RNG, got a good map with nice breakables, and what? That's it? Seriously? You are pissed about this? RNG is RNG man and luck is luck. I do not see an issue here.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
I get your point but your problem is a different one.

--> http://poestatistics.com/users/starklen/captain_capslock.html

played every day since OB with a daily ontime of 12:30 hours and now you recently drop 2 ranks (and most likely some more). so you most likely be thinking "how the hell? i play the whole day and drop in ranks, someone has to stop this!"

and as i read your postings here it sounds like it is guaranteed that in this specific map another shipyard map drops. i don't see how this should work.

PS: it makes me smile that nugiyen finaly drop in ranks. (inb4 fanboys)

More or less, I was attempting to discover what the other players were doing that I was not. It didn't take long to put two and two together after having some discussions with people that had actually run the map. This isn't an issue of RNG, it is an issue of game balance. At my level, there is virtually nothing you can do to compete with someone who has gotten even one or two Shipyards since it will literally poop out nothing but high level maps for you in addition to the necessary materials to craft them well. It creates two completely separate paradigms where you are either locked in on the mapping fast track or you going on the up and down the map level treadmill trying to stay afloat. Clearly, map balance is in GGG's interests as the recent patch made several significant changes to the balance of things like overgrown shrine, overgrown ruins, and mazes on several maps such as vaal pyramid. These changes were very obviously directed at things like map yield, xp yield, and loot yield.
Last edited by Starklen on Feb 19, 2013, 4:38:24 PM
"
Starklen wrote:
Do you not get it? The level 77 map has a stupid number of breakables, which allows you to continue running high level maps. No other map in the game comes remotely close.

The breakables is the only problem? Really?

Then either these shipyard guys are getting very lucky or we in SC are very unlucky. I've run two shipyards with HvR and we were in lvl 70 maps soon thereafter (and yes of course we roll for high quant and do hard mods etc).
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 19, 2013, 5:27:55 PM
I haven't touched maps yet so go ahead and discredit this post for that, but seriously, all it took to realize something is wrong was a relatively watchful eye on the ladder. There is no way to reason people nowhere near top 20 from the start making a huge jump and outranking the top 10 in something like a week.

If you're putting RNG into this you would need completely different circumstances; getting shipyard is reliant on RNG, sure, but if you want to compare that sick piece of gear you rolled to a shipyard, that piece of gear better have 500% increased quantity.

I hate to be the one who has to say what other people have said, but looking at what Pam's posts, he doesn't outright say "shipyard is broken", but definitely suggests it. And though I would much rather an employee here post something is wrong, Neonspyder has actually said himself a couple days ago in getstunnednerd's stream chat that shipyard is indeed bugged because of how many barrels and chests there are. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
There is a reduction of environmental drops for this map going into 0.10.1c

While players have gained great rewards from these particular high level maps, this map is harder than others, and several hardcore players have died in it as well.

Appreciate the response, great job as always.
And where is the League for players seeking real challenge?
"
Hilbert wrote:

Oh, you missed that one?

It's called the "Life" league. Go get one.
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

Oh, you missed that one?

lol burn!

Making all kinds of gains.
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

Oh, you missed that one?

shit just got real
ign: Archery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info