Planning on fixing shipyard anytime soon GGG?

The extreme number of breakable objects is exactly the problem. It allows someone with access to that map to stay close to that level of map permanently instead of actually experiencing the same level of variance the rest of us do. To put it in perspective, I've run around 12 maps that had the potential to drop a shipyard. 3 of them were 76, all of them were chiseled, half of them were regal'd mazes (necropolis and crematorium) and I have yet to see a single shipyard drop. The handful of individuals that were fortunate to get one to drop have stayed permanently in the 74-77 map range since. I've had discussions with people that have run this map and know that it is not as intended.

I've probably crafted the 2nd or 3rd most maps on HC right now so I have a pretty great idea of what is actually possible with the pre-77 maps at this point.
Last edited by Starklen on Feb 19, 2013, 12:47:54 PM
"
DefaultPam on HC. These two players were NOWHERE near the top 10 for the first 3 weeks and suddenly they are top 5?

Um Pam is on my friendlist and he played Default for 1-2 weeks he was level 85 and in the Top 10 before, he simply had better maps and plays much that's all.

Unlike streamers Pam fights Vaal at Maze for example and doesn't avoid harder maps that's why he gets better map drops.

If nugiyen etc. try to roll 40% packsize rare/magic all the time and get stuck with level 69-70 while others got level 74+ you will see experience differences more clearly than in Closed beta.

But at that level it's pretty much the same as doing level 69 with level 80 vs level 60-61.

Also you have to consider that those maps should be doable for a character with level 77 aka lvl 17-19 gems an not only for level 80+.

You can't expect a huge difficulty boost each level.

From my point I would prefer simpler bosses on low maps and hard bosses on high maps which must be fought like:

TP Room-> Mob Room-> Vaal->(after Vaal dies) Mobroom ->Mobroom

But Instead its 3 times mobroom and the boss room.

Once you are overleveled in Endgame maps aren't a challenge anymore, only certain bosses are and those get avoided by most players(One Reason I want a Turboleague simply because maps stay challenging overleveled)

Again, I've probably rolled more maps than anyone alive on HC outside of Kerkrom and Odang. It has zero to do with "well he must be rolling worse stats" and everything to do with the luck of that map drop and how poorly tuned it is.
Last edited by Starklen on Feb 19, 2013, 12:51:16 PM
So let me get this right. Someone got lucky with RNG, got a good map with nice breakables, and what? That's it? Seriously? You are pissed about this? RNG is RNG man and luck is luck. I do not see an issue here.
Do you not get it? The level 77 map has a stupid number of breakables, which allows you to continue running high level maps. No other map in the game comes remotely close.
Oh I get it. Just do not see the problem. Someone got lucky and got that map. It's the same as someone getting an awesome piece of gear. RNG and luck man. Basically sounds like you're pissed someone has something you don't?

Still do not see the problem.
Oo i dont see you get it

capslock is really high in the ladder he has to deal with exp curves sometimes he can play high maps sometimes he drops to low maps

when you can stay always on high ground it deafeats the purpose of a ladder

and if i where in his place i would be really pissed to see someone achieve the same like me with less effort cause of design flaws
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 19, 2013, 1:08:06 PM
So you want the rankings on the HC ladder to be based around whether or not you had the shipyard drop a single time for you? Maybe you aren't understanding the issue. When one map is so head and shoulders superior to the rest and it is also the highest level map, you become either a have or a have not. There is such a disparity between that map and any other for achieving map and loot yield that it is ridiculous.

Compare any 76 map to a 75, any 75 map to a 74 and the contrast is nowhere near as stark.
Last edited by Starklen on Feb 19, 2013, 1:12:25 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
Oo i dont see you get it

capslock is really high in the ladder he has to deal with exp curves sometimes he can play high maps sometimes he drops to low maps

when you can stay always on high ground it deafeats the purpose of a ladder

and if i where in his place i would be really pissed to see someone achieve the same like me with less effort cause of design flaws

THIS, I've been playing a lot lately and struggling to get those 70+ maps with my friends and it just didn't happen... and those guys just got that one map and its set for them. GGG really needs to do something about this!
IGN: benkitteh
I get your point but your problem is a different one.

--> http://poestatistics.com/users/starklen/captain_capslock.html

played every day since OB with a daily ontime of 12:30 hours and now you recently drop 2 ranks (and most likely some more). so you most likely be thinking "how the hell? i play the whole day and drop in ranks, someone has to stop this!"

and as i read your postings here it sounds like it is guaranteed that in this specific map another shipyard map drops. i don't see how this should work.

PS: it makes me smile that nugiyen finaly drop in ranks. (inb4 fanboys)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info