Planning on fixing shipyard anytime soon GGG?

Half of the top 10 slots on HC are populated by individuals lucky enough to exploit your broken map. Every day you continue to let this go on the ladder continues to lose its legitimacy. Either fix it or take it out of the game.

Thanks.
For those of us not in the know, what's broken about it?
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
you realy asking to get info about this exploit in public?

wow ...
"
Heroofexile wrote:

wow ...

Yup, why should only those in the know benefit? If everyone does it no one gains an advantage.

"When everyone's super, no one will be!" -Syndrome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
"
Heroofexile wrote:

Unlike other games/games companies, GGG doesn't ban people for playing the game as it is.
If something about this is truly exploitive, it should be made known and fixed.
As someone pointed out, not going to bother explaining it for obvious reasons. It is horribly broken and GGG is well aware of it at this point. If you want to see a great example of how stupid this map is look at the XP rates of EmmaMyDearWatson and DefaultPam on HC. These two players were NOWHERE near the top 10 for the first 3 weeks and suddenly they are top 5? Look at Kerkrom's movement on the top 10 of the ladder in the first 3 weeks compared to the most recent few days. These players are all grouped together and abusing the same problem with the Shipyard map. Look at how every other group on the top 20 actually experiences variances in map drop rates. Nugi from 1st to 10? Never ran a shipyard? Coincidence?

ign: CAPTAIN_CAPSLOCK
Last edited by Starklen on Feb 19, 2013, 11:34:54 AM
Get Kripp to show the exploit on-stream, if he hasn't already. Bam. Instant fix.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
It isn't something the players are doing. It has to do specifically with GGG's design of the map. The players are just abusing the fact it is nowhere close to balanced.
"
Starklen wrote:
It isn't something the players are doing. It has to do specifically with GGG's design of the map. The players are just abusing the fact it is nowhere close to balanced.

I don't understand then. You're saying that the XP that comes from running that map normally is just too high for its difficulty? It's not like players can run the same map all day, the Map Device eats them you know. It's a level 77 area, of course the XP will be a good deal better for high level characters than essentially all others at the moment because the level penalty won't be quite as high.

On IRC there was a suspicion that you might be talking about the large number of breakable objects in the area leading to additional chances for map drops. Is that it?

I don't personally see anything wrong with there being some good maps at the high end of the spectrum. In the long run, everyone has access to the same stuff, and everyone is currently playing in a permanent league.

In a one-week race it might matter, but there's already a *ton* of variance from map drops in 1-week races. I don't see how adding a little more could really hurt that much.
Last edited by MesostelZe on Feb 19, 2013, 12:31:42 PM
"
anubite wrote:
Get Kripp to show the exploit on-stream, if he hasn't already. Bam. Instant fix.

Sadly this is true lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info