Current Development Priorities

To Chris:
Im a player from Taiwan. Here are some suggestions. Do you notice that SHOTGUN EFFECT has not been removed on some "Attack Tag skills" such as Kinetic Blast. Now Knetic Blast has been the most powerful skill in PVP. Please see the tag and explaintation of Kinetic Blast, it creates 4 blast on one attack. So a player can be attacked by 20 blasts on just one attack if the Kinetic Blast attacker lined with GMP. The second reason why Kinetic Blast is extremely powerful is that it is AOE and Projectile skill. It means that players can be attacked from a very far distance. With the unremoverd SHOTGUN EFFECT skill, how could players live from such powerful skill? Thanks for reading.
Any possibility of improving this bad prophecy league? You just fixing a lot of bugs, you dont gave us too much gameplay-related info about new things in game... Please balance the game.. i was just waching etup stream and his farming uber Lab.. he can kill Izaro in few seconds.. im playing Marauder and cant kill him.. something is so wrong.. balance team sleeping?
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
"In the meantime, if you experience stuttering in the first 20-60 seconds of an area, please try running the game with "--noasync" added to your command-line parameters (without the quotes). This is a temporary solution until we have it working perfectly. I should stress that for the vast majority of users, the new system works really well, so only add this if you actually have problems!"

How does one do the --noasync on Windows 10? Forgive the noob question..

I'm not sure of the specifics under Windows 10. On Windows 7 64-bit laptop, in Accessories, there's Command Prompt. I open that, drag the Path of Exile .EXE onto the Command Prompt (because I'll be damned if I'm going to type in that entire path), then type a space after it, and add "--noasync" without the quotes.

I'd be careful about doing that, though. I don't know if my experience is typical, but when I launch Path of Exile in this manner with "--noasync" or "--waitforpreload", it goes through the entire process of "checking resources" and then downloading 7.5GB of data before I can even play the game.

Obviously, I've gone back to using Path of Exile the way it is (which, thankfully, didn't require the whole resources-and-download routine), but that still leaves me with the problem of extra loading still going on in the background. I'm pretty sure this is why, when I first log in, logging onto my main character in Highgate spends a long time on the loading screen, then goes back to the log-in screen. I log in a second time to the same character, and the log in goes more quickly, which suggests to me the "soft crash" (for lack of a better term) is caused by all the extra stuff loading in the background.

So. Unless I'm missing something or doing something wrong (which I may be), "--noasync" doesn't work at all for me. Additionally, the current Path of Exile performs WORSE than it used to, between the bootup problems and the sound problems/changes. Taken altogether, it seems to be to be a huge step backward in terms or performance and reliability. Can't say I'm terribly impressed.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
" feverously"
If someone doesnt know how to setup the "--noasync" here is how and where;

Link to full size

Hope it helps, stay safe! :)
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Jun 17, 2016, 2:40:19 PM
I hope you finally make minions stay upon disconnection, you can't be a proper summoner if you always have to go get your minions back, it's not fair in comparison to every other character, specially when ether end has a connection problem from time to time.

Also a save point in labyrinth runs upon disconnection, very frustrating...
What is interesting about the 'deserealize crash' is this: when PoE starts up, Webroot throws up an 'allow this file to access the Internet?' dialog. Approve, log in, pick character... and somewhere in the ensuing load, that dialog pops up again along with the 'Unable to deserealize packet...' message.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
hope you pay more atention to prophecy, still have a lot of crashes and need a bit new content. for example i lost 10c in less than 24 hs due to crashes only is a bit frustrating. league is great, much better than perandus but think could be better if you pay more attention on crashes and performance.

regards
Alright since I am/was one of the people affected by this "Unable to deserialise packet with pid X" thing, I'll give my 2c..

I'm fairly tech savvy I would like to think, I've tried pretty much everything to fix it, and eventually I did find out how to fix it for me atleast, so maybe it will help others.

I don't have a SSD, I got 2 HDD - I had my PoE installed (pretty much since beta without ever reinstalling) on my D: drive. I ofcourse tried reinstalling on my original location after clearing the game of my HDD, and it didn't fix the issue... but ever since I installed it on the default location (c:\program files.. etc) it works like a charm again, haven't crashed a single time since by the games fault, while before I couldn't even login to town it would just insta crash my game.

I still crash from my build... but then again I shouldn't be suprised so I won't complain about that ;)

Thanks for the update, much appreciated :)
"
Chris wrote:
Performance

We are experimenting with compressing game assets further to make them faster to load. Our results so far indicate that we can probably cut load times by another 25 or 30% or so. This also has the side-effect of reducing the impact of any periods of stuttering that occur due to background loading, as there would be far less to load! This change won't be in 2.3.1, but will hopefully be in a patch coming to you soon.

In 2.3.1, we've found and fixed various places where things weren't preloaded correctly and were loaded during combat, which caused stuttering. Now these will be correctly loaded when you enter the area, giving you a smoother experience in-game.

Thanks to the detailed results of some users on reddit last week, we have identified that the problems some users were having with our asynchronous background preloading technology relate to thread contention on their machines. One of our performance programmers is working to resolve this so that everyone can enjoy the background preloading without any performance hiccups.

In the meantime, if you experience stuttering in the first 20-60 seconds of an area, please try running the game with "--noasync" added to your command-line parameters (without the quotes). This is a temporary solution until we have it working perfectly. I should stress that for the vast majority of users, the new system works really well, so only add this if you actually have problems!

Thank you! I'd rather have longer load times than in-game stuttering for loading assets. Even on a RAID 0 array of 3 SSDs (old, 2nd gen) I noticed a small amount of stuttering when assets were loading. I hope this fixes it, but if not, I'd rather see longer load times than stuttering in-game.

"
Chris wrote:
We are committed to improving performance in large and measurable steps with each update.

I certainly appreciate it. I'm sure the community as a whole does too.

"
Chris wrote:
Networking Issues

Our ISP had two issues recently that affected networking for some users. They needed to do emergency maintenance on a router, which caused packet loss on some PoE connections. They also had a fibre connection break somewhere, so additional traffic on the remaining connection caused some disconnections for Amsterdam and Washington D.C. users.

Strange networking issues at times. One time it even dumped me to the login screen on the Washington DC server.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info