Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Monster damage balance is really bad right now

Ok, I get it that some monsters just didn't do enough damage and did need a slight buff, but what I did encounter this league is just beyond any reason.
Some monster types do so much unavoidable damage now, even a small pack often does more damage than multiple exiles at once.

the most broken ones are:

- spark skelettons (ridiculous damage, no way to dodge the million of sparks)
- fire shamans (they wouldnt be that bad if they dont use molten shell that often, but as melee/short range char its just crazy when suddenly the whole pack casts 10 molten shells at the same time in the middle of a fight)
- Flame sentinels (I didnt had huge problems with those before, might be the extra projectiles mod??)

An example:

Currently playing an lvl 87 Bladevortex Pathfinder in Prophecy HC.
5k Life, MoM with 1.4k unreserved mana, life leech, vaal pact and capped resists of course.
Just opened a T8 Cell map. It had +3 projectiles, but besides that no hard mods.

Even though I get to 83% fire resist wih ruby flask (100% uptime as pathfinder) and almost 50% flask effectiveness I pretty much instantly die when I get near a pack of flame sentinels.

how the hell is this balanced? There is no way to avoid those fireballs if you dont play a ranged build with of-screen ability.

Do I have to get 95% fire resist and 10k life to safely do a T8 map in HC now?

Sadly the monster dmg balance is worse than ever. Its nothing about skill, all you can do now is close your eyes and pray that you e.g. kill the pack of shamans before they pop their molten shells or kill the pack of skelettons before they can pump out a million sparks that melt you in a split second...
Last edited by azraelb on Jun 14, 2016, 6:19:29 PM
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 4:49:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
^- Bump on Spark Skele.

Also the 'roo' thingys, from A4, look like devours, have the tail pop up.
Did they have there AI changed? They'll stay pop'ed down unless melee range? Pretty much just give up if your not melee/don't have 100% pice.

Prorcupine type mobs, seem a little 'over the top' again too. Like 'shot gun not even at melee range' type shit. (E.G. I'm getting f'in sick of being killed when they die offscreen and still somehow ownz me & people in the group)
Shit try the fucking uber spark skeletons they hit harder then the trio lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 15, 2016, 5:30:32 AM
And we are again at the "kill them from offscreen" meta. I'm about to build a crit/shattering assassin, but how will manage the danger the friends with melee?
"
Bweaty wrote:

Prorcupine type mobs, seem a little 'over the top' again too. Like 'shot gun not even at melee range' type shit. (E.G. I'm getting f'in sick of being killed when they die offscreen and still somehow ownz me & people in the group)

dunno, but i dont have any problems with them.

i even tried etup thing (jump into tora porcupine pack at vuln t12), my 5k hp didnt move at all(pathfinder, mmom, rumi and TOH up)
"
azraelb wrote:

Sadly the monster dmg balance is worse than ever. Its nothing about skill, all you can do now is close your eyes and pray that you e.g. kill the pack of shamans before they pop their molten shells or kill the pack of skelettons before they can pump out a million sparks that melt you in a split second...

i never met those flame mobs, and im not hc, but i just went to doubl boss orchard with this build. and didn have ANY prob even without TOH(didnt have at that moment) i tanked huge ball. maybe you somewhat failed at your flask management?

Spoiler
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 15, 2016, 6:45:29 AM
"
mezmery wrote:

i never met those flame mobs, and im not hc, but i just went to orchard with this build. and didn have ANY prob even without TOH(didnt have at that moment) i tanked huge ball. maybe you somewhat failed at your flask management?

No, my (ruby) flasks was up - 83% fire res. And a pack of those flame sentinels did hit way harder than the orchard boss.
I dont know why, might have been shotgun effect by the +3 projectile mod, although it also did so much damage when I got hit by those fireballs from range. So unless those flame sentinels fireballs are boosted by rolling flames now, it shouldnt be shotgunning...

"
Shit try the fucking uber spark skeletons they hit harder then the trio lol

Exactly what I was referring too. a few of those new buffed monsters do way more damage than pretty much any boss in the game. Its just broken imho.

"
Bweaty wrote:
^- Bump on Spark Skele.
Also the 'roo' thingys, from A4, look like devours, have the tail pop up.

Prorcupine type mobs, seem a little 'over the top' again too.

Didn't notice any change about Rakango's. Yes they are annoying, but there is no real problem imho as they are still manageable, you can dodge them and they dont appear in big numbers.

Porcupines also didnt change as far as I know. Both Rakango's and Pocupines are NOTHING against the newly buffed monsters I am referring to - especially spark skelettons!
"
Wispo wrote:
And we are again at the "kill them from offscreen" meta. I'm about to build a crit/shattering assassin, but how will manage the danger the friends with melee?

Offscreen was always the safest option while melee always was the "I want to die" option. Nothing new here!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Offscreen was always the safest option while melee always was the "I want to die" option. Nothing new here!

Yes, but now even more than in the past, i mean.

I have seen many months ago the trailer of Lost ark. In that game melee char seemed an invincibile beast. Here in poe is a Crop stick constantly under the scythe
"
azraelb wrote:
Exactly what I was referring too. a few of those new buffed monsters do way more damage than pretty much any boss in the game. Its just broken imho.

Yeah, there are a few things that hit disproportionally hard now. Spark skellies for sure but I've also noticed that water elementals in maps bust solid chops now with ice nova and snap. Cold res wasn't usually a high priority thing except for Haast and Iceblood but with their eleweakness curse and decent damage elementals can freezelock you easily now if you haven't overcapped cold res enough.

Haven't noticed any significant difference with porcupines and I'm melee 95% of the time, they feel the same to me.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I am serious when I say those fucking uber sparkers hit harder then trio I'm not joking about that lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info