[2.4] Chaos Wander Assassin - Fast clear, tanky, ALL map mods

This wander uses chaos damage instead of elemental or phys, giving it double-dipping with poison as well as the ability to run any reflect map. Combined with the assassin crit and double-poison nodes, we get enough damage to make up for choosing chaos over phys/elemental.

Highlights:

• Kinetic Blast lets us clear packs quickly
  • Can run any map mod
  • Good single target DPS due to Wither Totem double dipping
  • Fast movement speed with Queen of the Forest, around +150% without Quicksilver
  • Doesn't sacrifice life for damage, still has 182% life from the tree as well as 4 jewel slots
  • Not expensive, the only pricey item is a chaos damage wand which isn't mandatory

Core Items

A high crit, high attack speed wand lets the Added Chaos Damage gem shine. Finding a wand with chaos damage is a great way to boost your DPS and doesn't cost that much.

This lets our attacks poison and saves us a link. Also provides nice accuracy, attack speed and life.

Queen of the Forest fixes the movement speed bottleneck issue since we can't use whirling blades. It also gives very good defensive stats.

Atziri's Step lets us reach max spell dodge together with Vaal Grace which is very helpful in certain boss fights (crematorium boss for example). It also gives us a lot of evasion and life.

Skill Tree, Bandits and Leveling

Leveling:

We will begin our leveling with Essence Drain+Contagion which utilizes our chaos and projectile nodes as well as requiring almost no gear. Once we get access to the accuracy and mana leech nodes (around level 60), we can switch into wands and pick up the crit nodes. Alternatively, get more life/damage nodes and wait until we get better gear for the switch.

Keep in mind you don't need a chaos damage wand, a high attack speed high crit wand without any damage will suffice since we're getting most our damage from Added Chaos Damage. I solo'd poorjoy's asylum with a high crit engraved wand. Obliteration is a good option until you get a decent chaos damage wand.

Tree:

Level 30 Skill Tree for ED+Contagion early leveling.

Level 60 Skill Tree for making the switch into wands.

Level 93 Skill Tree for endgame.

We wanna grab all the chaos nodes first for leveling purposes with ED+Contagion, afterwards we'll be heading down to the ranger and duelist areas grabbing all the life nodes we can. Crit and leech nodes come once you make the switch into wands.

Bandits:

Normal = Oak
Cruel = Kraityn
Merciless = Alira

Ascendancy Order:

1. Noxious Strike
2. Toxic Delivery
3. Unstable Infusion
4. Deadly Infusion

Skill Gem Setup

Kinetic Blast

Kinetic Blast + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Added Chaos Damage + Pierce + Void Manipulation + Crit Multi

Frenzy

Frenzy + Power charge on Crit + Added Chaos Damage + Void Manipulation

Used to generate charges and kill bosses.

Wither Totem

Wither + Spell Totem + Faster Casting

We use this against tough bosses.

Click Buffs

Blood Rage + Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration

Aura Buffs

Grace + Arctic Armour + Summon Stone Golem

We use Stone Golem's regen to help keep blood rage up in vuln/slow recovery maps as well as help us in labyrinth runs.

CWDT Setup

Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble/Temporal Chains

Not easy to chrome so pick enfeeble/temp chains depending on what you get. I prefer enfeeble but both are good.

Current Gear

Current Stats

Tooltip DPS (Poison not included)

With Charges

Fully Buffed

Defensive Stats (Arctic Armour not included)

With Auras

Fully Buffed

Videos

Core Run

2.3 (outdated due to frost wall nerfs)

Gorge Run

Pale Council Fight

Atziri Run

Uber Lab Run

All of the above were done with a 5-link.

Core Run

Colosseum Run

Plaza Run
Last edited by Novalisk on Oct 6, 2016, 9:28:46 AM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 10:05:38 AM
im in love , going to play this build!
Would it be better to skip that one jewel socket on top of acrobatics and get that frenzy charge with evasion increase under the acrobatics with Ballistic Mastery?
Last edited by Lesorub on Jun 12, 2016, 7:23:47 AM
I didn't pick that frenzy charge because I personally dislike having frenzy charge duration at like 8 seconds due to snakebite. A jewel slot is too good to pass up for it IMO.
Nice build bro! Decided to try this. Rerolled from dual-wield Obliteration wander to this because this is alot more tanky.

Thanks! The biggest advantage of this over obliteration wander is not needing to worry about phys reflect.
"
Novalisk wrote:
Thanks! The biggest advantage of this over obliteration wander is not needing to worry about phys reflect.

Yea that's pretty sweet. But your skilltree provides alot more hp / evasion + the use of a shield is pretty beast. I gained like 700hp after switching. I'm not using Queen of the forest tho, as I have a 6L chest and using Faster Attack gem.. without FA it feels slow.

Lacking accuracy but just bought myself 2 new rings with accuracy but looking for someone with level 7 elreon to enchant them for me with added chaos before I can use them.

here's my stuffs:

is this HC viable?
I'm not really one to say as a SC player, but considering the achievements and the fact that it has high life+arctic armour+ability to kite mobs I'd guess that it is. A HC player might switch QotF for Lightning Coil and get taste of hate+basalt.
Any uniques you rec for leveling?
I mostly used two magic wands with lots of spell damage for ED+Contagion. Tabula will help with that as well. As would Goldrim, Wanderlust and Lifesprig of course.

If you wanna make the switch to wands early, you can either use a high crit+attack speed+crit multi wand or obliteration. Here's a wand leveling tree if you wanna go that route.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 17, 2016, 2:54:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info