2.3 - The Frost Nuke™ - Crit Vortex + Herald - Full screen explosions

"
Millennium wrote:

Out of these wands, which two would be best to use? The character isn't at high level to use them yet, which two would you (assuming you find no better until you get to 70)?

If that's really all you have, just buy wands on poe.trade for a few chaos.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Millennium wrote:

Out of these wands, which two would be best to use? The character isn't at high level to use them yet, which two would you (assuming you find no better until you get to 70)?

What mods should I prioritize when buying?
"
Millennium wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Millennium wrote:

What mods should I prioritize when buying?

spell damage
spell crit
crit multi
cast speed
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
My current gear:

Spoiler

I am enjoying the build so far, full screen explosions happen every time I crit which is 80%+
I don't see many others using vortex, but I think the skill will get more popular if builds like this keep surfacing
Last edited by Subaquatic on Jul 31, 2016, 2:25:43 AM
So why not use blasphemy for assassins mark instead of curse on hit herald of thunder? It doesn't feel like HoT adds much damage, and blasphemy is much more reliable for getting power charges.
"
Shamus03 wrote:
So why not use blasphemy for assassins mark instead of curse on hit herald of thunder? It doesn't feel like HoT adds much damage, and blasphemy is much more reliable for getting power charges.

Because this build doesn't consume power charges, you don't need a super reliable way to get em, just enough to get a power charge every 10 seconds or so and you'll have max charges for the whole map.

Also you wouldn't get enough mana because blasphemy reserves 35% instead of 25%.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Shamus03 wrote:

Because this build doesn't consume power charges, you don't need a super reliable way to get em, just enough to get a power charge every 10 seconds or so and you'll have max charges for the whole map.

Also you wouldn't get enough mana because blasphemy reserves 35% instead of 25%.

Makes sense. I was having trouble keeping my charges up running through acts 1-3 merciless and I know it would be easier with blasphemy, but now that I'm just running dried lake HoT is working just fine.

I also changed the tree a bit around the templar start: I grabbed the extra power charge coming off of the Light of Divinity cluster and instead of getting Devotion I went straight down from Catalyse towards Tireless and the marauder start. I did this because I don't have any good jewels right now so the jewel slot isn't needed, and AFAIK Devotion doesn't increase heralds' damage (please correct me if I'm wrong).
"
Shamus03 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Shamus03 wrote:

Makes sense. I was having trouble keeping my charges up running through acts 1-3 merciless and I know it would be easier with blasphemy, but now that I'm just running dried lake HoT is working just fine.

I also changed the tree a bit around the templar start: I grabbed the extra power charge coming off of the Light of Divinity cluster and instead of getting Devotion I went straight down from Catalyse towards Tireless and the marauder start. I did this because I don't have any good jewels right now so the jewel slot isn't needed, and AFAIK Devotion doesn't increase heralds' damage (please correct me if I'm wrong).

That's correct.

And yea it's only worth getting jewel sockets if you have jewels with a minimum of 3 mods.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Shamus03 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

That's correct.

And yea it's only worth getting jewel sockets if you have jewels with a minimum of 3 mods.

Which 3 mods would you deem absolutely necessary for a jewel? Especially if it's the first jewel.

ps. Could you give some tips on uber lab? Izaro seems to be oneshotting every time.
Last edited by Millennium on Aug 6, 2016, 5:30:48 PM

Izaro has very predictable attacks. You can run circles around him and leave a vortex on him every few seconds. Whenever he's mid animation for an attack that you dodged, you can land a few more vortex. It's a cat&mouse game. Casters shouldnt be tanking boss hits.

You can also change one of your support links to faster projectile - frostbolt - gmp - faster casting if you plan on running uber lab a lot. That way you can kill him from range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info