[PoE 2.2]Shadow - Trap Bladefall - Uber Atziri Down (Cheap version with Tabula Rasa)

How does this build work? obliteration does NOT work with traps.
"
NeoRussia wrote:

Obliteration work with traps. At least in setup trap - bladefall

"
k33s69 wrote:
"
NeoRussia wrote:

"Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode" specifically only applies to damage you deal, from a source that is not a trap, mine, or totem. I've tested it with deerstalkers, trap support, with and without a source of poison and the results are the same: no enemies explode.
Ok I tested it and apparently this build relies on a bug on Southbound not specifying damage that you yourself deal so it applies to all damage sources including from totems and traps/mines, and damage from poison not being a source from the trap but from the player. This makes it so every enemy dies only to poison which can proc the 20% chance to explode from obliteration. So for this build to work southbound is an absolute must have otherwise obliteration is just a mediocre wand.

Also I have no idea why SmileyHB mentioned nowhere in his build that this is what makes the build playable with obliteration.
How do you get 22k sheet DPS?
Do you need 21/20 gems?
I am at about 10k now with all the trap dmg nodes and I am wondering where the rest of the DPS will come from
Last edited by JalapenoBuck on Sep 29, 2016, 11:03:28 AM
10 is enought for everything in the game, my first uber i did with 7ktooltip mines
Hc: Rayzn_
Nemesis: Raynz_
from dejavi2's topic:

"
Why southbound?
1. It gives a load of cold res and HP for very low price (mentioned already)
2. While using Poison on Traps, Totems or Minions the "On Killing a Poisoned enemy" Bino's effect only works if the Poison kill the enemy.
Therefore, we face a huge problem: most of mobs are killed with Bladefall's first impact, not Poison => Bino's affix doesn't work and we don't get our poison spreading (which greatly slows down our clearspeed).
However, Southbound unique affix "Your Hits can only Kill Frozen enemies" fits this case perfectly. It does apply to Bladefall initial damage, but don't apply to Poison DoT. Therefore, Bladefall will lower HP of mobs to 1, but won't kill them. Then Poison applies and finish mob instantly, and Bino's spread the poison. Works like a charm!
(open-post doesn't mention this mechanic, and it can confuse a lot of beginners (like it did with me :D )

That's why psn trappers are using southbound. Also if you are not going to use bino's, you can get better gloves.
"
Also if you are not going to use bino's, you can get better gloves.

Southbound gives more life than rare gloves can.

This build is great.

My Gear: Only one Ming's Heart. More Evasion, less spell damage. Atziri's Step.
Spoiler

I have a 4-link bear trap, which I like. Vaal Lightning Trap is nice for bosses.
Flame Golem is a damage increase, not a more multiplier, so it ain't much. The taunting golem is amazing and the life regeneration is necessary in trials/labyrinth.
I consider concentrated effect to be the 6th link of Bladefall, with controlled destruction as 5th, both are more modifier: test both.

See next page for my improvements to passive tree.

On regular Atziri and maps up to Tier 9, I have little use for wither totem, any advice on a cast when damage taken setup for defense or utility?
Last edited by roddyriot on Oct 14, 2016, 6:30:19 PM
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
k33s69 wrote:
"
NeoRussia wrote:

"Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode" specifically only applies to damage you deal, from a source that is not a trap, mine, or totem. I've tested it with deerstalkers, trap support, with and without a source of poison and the results are the same: no enemies explode.
obliration works , eneymies explode all the time :)
Just took some time do a damage calculation. Because of all the up-front conversion to chaos (obliteration wand, force shaper and even one ming's heart), up front damage, like trap damage or phys damage is always better than poison damage: poison or damage over time. The 2 16% nodes before high explosives is more damage than the two points of entroy (37% DoT & +5% skill duration). And the two points in entropy is more damage than the three points for fatal toxins.

new passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1Bx4OSBEvEZYT3xXtFr8b4CLiIuoj9iaVKk0rCjBxMHwyATIYM3g1kjY9N9Q6QjrhPydCLEfiSVFKyEt4TZJN41FHUUxUvVVLVvpcQF3yX7Bh4mHrYk9irGSqZ05qNmqMbAhsjG6qb3dwUXX9dm96U3vDfVt-sH8rhG-ExYqvjX2Nv4_6kA2QEZUuloubJpuGm7WdqqB5otmkOaZXrEew2LIZswO0xbVItfK3dcLswzrIFMkGykrPetQj1ELVLtW51r7YVNi92-fdqOc66NXo1utj7BjtP-4V8NXxivJF9W_9Sv4K_o8=?accountName=roddyriot&characterName=EssencevonCarstein

Last edited by roddyriot on Oct 14, 2016, 6:19:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info