Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Why a stibnite flask instead of say a granite?
Last edited by Netukka on Jun 9, 2016, 4:39:59 PM
so much crit multi from abyssus and Fb, isnt there any way to use this ?
how is bringer of rain on this build? I play HC and downsides of abyssus seem like a big issue. How is it mitigated in this build? Is bringer of rain a good option to use before abyssus?
"
itskaeo wrote:
I did a 1hd variation of this build but I was wonder with the 3 extra sockets is it worth it in using Reckoning - Riposte - Melee Physical? I can't really tell if it is really doing anything at this point.

It probably won't do much because you're dashing around a lot and killing things before they touch you. I haven't used much of the counterattack skills ever so it's your call if you feel it helps.

"
Evit3 wrote:
Any important nodes to go while leveling before take the others?

Facebreaker + Meginords + iron rings should be all you need and as I said, tree gives you no real choice other than to travel so make your way to templar AoE as you can.

"
GRANDLarsony wrote:
Mathil -

For single target how does it sound to drop Impact for Brutal Favor (no splash more leech) and then going 4-Link Infernal Blow (Infernal, Faster Attacks, Melee Phys Damage, Multistrike)?

Damage mod on infernal goes up to 160.4% at lvl 20 as opposed to 132.8%+18% more melee damage from Warcheif. The buff is nice, but being the lazy men that we are, who wants to drop a totem when we can keep smorcing!?

I'm sure you already considered, just wanted to get your input and if my gem selection is right for most single target damage - leech will prob be bonkers as well.

I see no reason to ever drop Warchief from the setup as he is free damage while you do other things, but he's also insanely strong. He utilizes Conc effect which is the main reason he's so beastly whereas Infernal Blow would not. If you want an Infernal Blow or Cyclone setup elsewhere too then go ahead but not making use of Warchief makes no sense to me.

"
drwranck wrote:
ANy reason for not using a curse on hit with herald of ash? Wouldn't that let you always use HoA and Hatred?

Herald of Ash does not have any "hit" portion to it so curse on hit does not work with it.

"
ShockerzQc wrote:
Starting prophecy tonight ... Still worth it after the nerf ?

Barely noticeable nerf. Still worth.

"
Netukka wrote:
Why a stibnite flask instead of say a granite?

Granite becomes worse and worse as you get more armor. More importantly, Stibnite is an absolute beast defensively. With the rolls I have you get 4 uses to drop smoke clouds which reduce monster hit rate by 50% so it should be up just about always against anything you need it against.

"
so much crit multi from abyssus and Fb, isnt there any way to use this ?

Sure, get a Rigwald's Talisman and go crit FB (which is pretty costly/hard to get atm) or spec into a weapon spec and go crit. These builds are much harder to build and make your character a lot harder to balance on defense.

"
Str4t0s wrote:
how is bringer of rain on this build? I play HC and downsides of abyssus seem like a big issue. How is it mitigated in this build? Is bringer of rain a good option to use before abyssus?

Bringer of Rain gives you half the damage Abyssus does but somewhat makes up by being an easy 6 link. You won't ever reach the same damage potential but it'll get you started I'm sure.

With my gear and stats these days, you don't really notice Abyssus' downside at all.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hey Mathil. Sorry for the bother over such a small thing but I was wondering what your opinion is on the optimal levels for the CWDT setup.
Hey mathil, how would this compare to your ground slam coc in terms of mapping/bossing.
This build is absolytely fkn BEAST ! Loving every second even at 46 with FB and meginord + some random shit this is so much fun and DESTRUCTION .)
Slayer or Berserker, what is your choice boys? I have to decide soon, Thanks in advance for the answers...
"
Mathil wrote:
"
itskaeo wrote:
I did a 1hd variation of this build but I was wonder with the 3 extra sockets is it worth it in using Reckoning - Riposte - Melee Physical? I can't really tell if it is really doing anything at this point.

It probably won't do much because you're dashing around a lot and killing things before they touch you. I haven't used much of the counterattack skills ever so it's your call if you feel it helps.

That's what I figured. Do you have any suggestions for the 3L?

So how important is +Physical without Facebreakers?
Last edited by itskaeo on Jun 10, 2016, 4:34:50 PM
Awesome build, im pretty new to "anything-beside-summoner-witch", so please could u expand on the ability tree, post a link to poe planner mby? The "pretty-obvious" isnt as obvious for everyone ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info