[2.4 Video Guide] Inquisitor/Elementalist's Ice Nova SHATTER Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

Hey Lifting, big fan. I was wondering, why do you go with controlled destruction with all of the crit dmg reduction that it gives? Not knocking you, genuinely curious.
Cheers LiftingNerd,

I love to build so far,but i dont understnad why we use Controlled Destruction cause of -100% crit chance isnt this bad ? Like normally we want the crit or not ? am i stupid or i just dont get it :D
PoE & F1 is Life. <3
Playing around with the new ice skills having a blast. Really like Vortex for leveling it seems incredibly strong right now (cruel) Thanks as always for the build Lifting.

For the people asking about Controlled Destruction. Its an incredibly strong "MORE" multiplier, so even if it seems counter intuitive because of its downside its still very strong even in a crit build. It should be noted that it doesn't make your spells unable to crit even if at first glance thats what it appears to do.
Damn nice build, great replacement for my spark templar! Well done and keep up the good work :P

Rød grød med fløde! ;)
Hi Lifting, thks for the build, I was looking for a cold build and I went for this one!
Now I'm lvl 73 inquisitor, but I have some issues with survivability/mana degen/damage.

Current Gear

Can't do >t1 maps, hard to do every boss 'cause taking damage bring my e-shield/mana off...and I die too much.
is it normal?
Now I would try swapping flame surge with vortex and firetrap with frostbolt, maybe letting me to stay far away from bosses....expecially Izaro merciless...

any suggestion to reach higher t-maps is appreciated!

EDIT: with assassin's mark work better....tonight I'll try some more maps.
Last edited by ZeroCool79 on Jun 6, 2016, 8:53:06 AM
"
ZeroCool79 wrote:
Hi Lifting, thks for the build, I was looking for a cold build and I went for this one!
Now I'm lvl 73 inquisitor, but I have some issues with survivability/mana degen/damage.

Current Gear

Can't do >t1 maps, hard to do every boss 'cause taking damage bring my e-shield/mana off...and I die too much.
is it normal?
Now I would try swapping flame surge with vortex and firetrap with frostbolt, maybe letting me to stay far away from bosses....expecially Izaro merciless...

any suggestion to reach higher t-maps is appreciated!

EDIT: with assassin's mark work better....tonight I'll try some more maps.

Remember to read the item stat priority in the guide mate. You need MUCH more energy shield, you are running low because your total pool is too low :)

Besides that are you making sure to use Zealot's Oath with the stone golem :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Henryvi wrote:
Hey Lifting, big fan. I was wondering, why do you go with controlled destruction with all of the crit dmg reduction that it gives? Not knocking you, genuinely curious.

No worries it is a common question :)

Controlled destruction does not remove your crit chance, it just reduces it slightly. Since you have so much crit chance with this build it is worth the trade since you get a ton of damage on both NON crits AND the crits :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I got pretty bummed when i saw only the Inquisitor build has the "step-by-step" skill tree, as i am a fairly recent player and just love those builds that give you the exact path in the tree :( any chance you'll add the same tree for the Elementalist version?
Do you guys think this passive tree would work for a vortex crit build?
"
Kinoko_senpai wrote:
I got pretty bummed when i saw only the Inquisitor build has the "step-by-step" skill tree, as i am a fairly recent player and just love those builds that give you the exact path in the tree :( any chance you'll add the same tree for the Elementalist version?

Both trees are actually exactly the same except for the 5 starting passive points and ofc the ascendancy points, so just follow the same steps as the inquisitor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info