Lacerate

Loving the skill so far... reminds me alot of Cleave, Double Strike and Freezing Pulse. Hoping it'll even be more awesome once I have it linked to Faster Attacks and Multistrike. :D

ATM pretending with the bug that it's "Cutting the fabric of reality"
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I feel like this skill is underperforming compared to other abilities when using two handed weapons. Its damage when only one wave hits is pathetic, if both waves hit an enemy the damage is just barely acceptable. Using this ability with multistrike roots the character for a very very long time; in addition, due to its range, multistrike will swivel around and target random enemies around you due to the very narrow cone of effect this is unlikely to hit your intended target. I think this ability needs to have the attack speed penalty removed or the cone made much wider for each swing so the affected/overlapping areas are larger.
Last edited by piedude200 on Jun 5, 2016, 3:49:16 PM
the thing to not forget is, the skill scale increadibly well with inc aoe. you definitly want a 20% quality gem+some inc aoe passive and inc aoe gem. it make the skill hit the whole screen and its easier to hit the monster twice.

this skill also require good positionning. if you rush in the middle of a pack, yes you will attack everywhere. go in front of a pack, you will kill the screen in 1 hit. its better to play like a ranged.

i would also recommande using it with bringer of rain. easy 7 link with multistrike and faster attack. with decent weapon and + atk speed passive, its pretty damn fast.

so far, i like the skill and it performe really well. i was playing with cleave usualy but lacerate is FAR superior.

if you dont invest in inc aoe, forget this skill. grab RT also, there something weird with this skill without RT, the skill seem to miss A LOT in the middle....

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 5, 2016, 5:55:51 PM
2 zakariusqc

If be honest I think the skill is terrible(well it can be easily addressed to 70% of all melee skills). Right now I'm lvl 50 HC dual-wield gladiator, and this char was created only to try out Lacerate and I don't know If it's really worth it to invest further to AOE, Q gem and RT :

After several experiments with Sander, I'll never go back to Lacerate. Real Dps(and paper dps), AOE parts(1 and 2 wave) are too low, It's very clunky with multistrike, too long to execute - in boss fights all damage goes randomly to mobs near.

3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Last edited by Damac0101 on Jun 5, 2016, 6:56:54 PM
When you have skills as stupid as Earthquake why so harshly do you penalize the attack speed of Lacerate and Ice Crash?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Just too weak honestly, completely underwhelming compared to earthquake and reave.
Pretty awesome and multi-use skill. Multistrike/Faster Attacks and other passive bonuses can take care of the attack speed penalty.

The one thing that bugs me out is the name of the skill... it should be named something else, something that fits with the skill idea...

A few examples: Sonic Blade/Slash/Strike, Force Blade/Edge/Wave, etc.

EDIT: @Damac0101

While that Multistrike issue can be annoying at times, you can easily overcome this by positioning yourself so that you're facing all the mobs ahead of you.

EDIT2: BTW, does the force waves counts as actual projectiles?
Last edited by eralduspr on Jun 5, 2016, 9:08:33 PM
I like the skill mechanics and range, but the damage is very low. I almost doubled my dps by switching to cleave as a duel wield RT character. Despite Cleaves low aoe it clears faster then Lacerate due to the damage difference.

Hoping to see the damage buffed in some way
the tooltips dps is wrong i think. the tooltips seem much lower because its a 2 hit skill but in the end, the dmg is twice more.

cleave do a bit more dmg yes but the aoe is garbage. i tried on my geared gladiator (BOR+soul taker+jack the axe) that have inc aoe gem+ 10% inc aoe from passif and, lacerate range is HUDGE. i was hiting the whole screen with it and i didnt even have a quality lacerate (+10% aoe). with hight atk speed, the 30% less atk speed is also not noticable. the clear speed is quite insane.

yes the dmg could be a bit higther but its far from bad. if you have the proper build (hight inc aoe+atk speed) this skill is pretty amazing.

I have only one thing to say:

"BUFF ALL MELEE SKILLS OTHER THAN "EARTHQUAKE" FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!"

*By buff I dont mean, you just up the numbers, mechanics revision is also very important, especially in introducing new skills, chance to bleed with lacerate would make it so much better in complementing builds, you know, swords and their bleed chance on the passive skills.
So much wasted potential <facepalm>(-‸ლ)
Last edited by tenjou00 on Jun 6, 2016, 1:44:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info