[3.0] Freezer Burn - AB AoF MoM EO, Cheap, Fun, Screw the Meta

Amazing that build, very funny and not too difficult. I'm thinking for a tips but I'm not a pro

PD: Megumin <3
$computer = array( "CPU" => "Intel i9-10900", "GPU" => "Nvidia RTX 3090", "RAM" => "64GB G.Skill Royal F4 3200MHz", "S.O" => "Windows 10 Pro x64" );
return $computer;
Spoiler
Ok, so I played this game for about 6 months pretty heavy then had to take a long break for the past year and a halfish- so I've become pretty noobish again. Anyway, I started a new character on this build while I try to re-orient myself to PoE again.

ANYWAY,
I noticed you didn't take the Stormweaver notable passive skill, and I was kinda surprised- does it not apply since the damage is being converted to fire or something like that?
One of my saddest realizations when making this build was the fact that the Storm Weaver node and the Snowforged nodes are where they are, and not reversed.

The lightning damage bonus from Storm Weaver is negligible to us, meaning that for 3 nodes, we get 43/3 = 14% spell power per point here, and 20% increased mana regen rate /3 = 6%~ per point spent. Fire Walker + Frost Walker at that point in the build is equal damage, and +30 elemental resistances sum (15/15).

If you don't need the resistances, and would rather have the mana regen rate, it is certainly 'fluff' points you can spend on it. I didn't prioritize these nodes because the built felt like it seriously was doing insanely high enough damage by the time these would be a sidegrade comparatively. Whatever suits your preferences here really. But it's just not optimal.

Also, if we look at something like the 6 points we spend to get up to Heart of Flame, those are sum 71 sp / 6 = 12%~, +10 int, and 3% fire pen. The fire pen makes these priority over something like Storm Weaver.

It's also entirely possible to path more through the Fire Walker wheel rather than the int nodes just outside of it, which would also net the build an additional 18% spell power with identical point buy. However, the early strength node helps with fitting when we get to it. At end-game, most players are quite capable of min/maxing as they need to, and the core points of the build can me modified based on the player's gear etc.

TL;DR: Didn't miss it, but spiteful that it isn't Snowforged wheel. Take it if you want, but only at end-build.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I'm currently enjoying this build, and I'm at level 83 in ESC (I'm a casual). However, I tried Atziri and got destroyed by her (oversouls and trio were relatively easy). I have capped res's and 5 endurance charges (instead of jewel). Is there something I'm missing?

IGN: ACertainOkuu
Last edited by Pwnin on Sep 16, 2016, 12:51:12 AM
atziri fight was something i meant to make a video of, it's just long and boring and not very forgiving. I did it once and decided my build wasn't for it. If you really want to run it that's fine just the final fight takes too long so mapping is probably better.

Your build looks pretty decent. I was never 100% on what to socket into gloves. Flame Surge, VRF, etc... I think I was happiest with running Orb of Storms somewhere for the crit uptime. also with how it helps us keep our mastermind lightning spell uptime = same as orb.

My best advice for that fight is to go into it with more HP than necessary, or find other things to do that are more efficient.

Also, while I love doon, it's not your best option as a league progresses. Look at finding a wand to increase your cast time and double dip on fire/cold damage similar to how we do with jewels. Here is what I used last league:

I self crafted that for about 4c when c:ex was like 1ex:45c.

I also never bothered to run heat flasks due to lightning warp opening boxes. Even when I was frozen, I would end up half the screen away. Personal preference, but might open up a reflexes/other suffix flask spot for you.
--
Lastly, I'm so happy to hear you've enjoyed the build! ♥
Last edited by Kwitch on Sep 17, 2016, 12:14:12 AM
im a simple person.. i see Megumin,, i follow build.. :D
I heard 'explosions'. I'm here for explosions...
I still haven't figured out what you mean by a "9-link". I thought that, as I played this week and refamiliarized myself with PoE, I would find out that GGG had added some way to link skill gems across multiple items or something. But no, I haven't found anything like that yet, so I still can't figure out what you mean by an "implied 9-link". Can you please explain?
"
tatarjj wrote:
I still haven't figured out what you mean by a "9-link". I thought that, as I played this week and refamiliarized myself with PoE, I would find out that GGG had added some way to link skill gems across multiple items or something. But no, I haven't found anything like that yet, so I still can't figure out what you mean by an "implied 9-link". Can you please explain?

Gladly. Assuming you manage to get your chest to be a 6-link: We add pierce due to the properties of that chest (7), we gain iron will from our gloves (8), and we have near-permanent up-time of Elemental Overload as long as we use Orb of Storms once every ten seconds (9). I am implying that Elemental Overload is equivalent to Controlled Destruction here, but without taking up a gem socket or actually reducing our critical strike chance.

Hence I say 'quasi' or 'implied', meaning 'sort-of'. I see direct skill gems modifying our ability. like this:

Notice the letters affecting the spell itself are more than 5.

There are several other buffs and interactions that are pimping out our damage, but this set-up gives us a ton of juice for our jam. It shifts all of our damage to a single type for reflect purposes. It has the flexibility to be done a variety of similar ways.

here is a link to a tooltip from my now retired level 90 on Standard.

And here is a link to a video of a T12 Arsenal I randomly ran just to see how much the damage improved. And my ability to play the character definitely waned in the two months since I last played.

I never did manage to get my chest piece rr gg bb, so that's a factor too I guess. Someday.....
Last edited by Kwitch on Sep 23, 2016, 3:20:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info