[3.0] Freezer Burn - AB AoF MoM EO, Cheap, Fun, Screw the Meta

just wanted to tell you that im currently enjoying the build quite a lot. Having Trouble linking my lioneyes so im still using a tabula. I was just wondering if a COH setup would work? also i feel like with MOM if i get hit once i just lose all my mana. and i don't see the point in CWDT golems because you have to lose 3/4 of your health to proc it.
Last edited by fraed on Jun 15, 2016, 1:08:29 PM
Just got my 5L lioneye chest :), going for cruel ascendancy now. I've not really noticed a need for more waveclear before the lioneye. Single target is a pain though, it seems like if they dont move against a wall or structure you just need an alternate... could go something like incinerate on doon main hand or something. Been thinking alot about getting that 2nd curse thing, got a couple of points on the tree that seem like they could be switched if we really need 2 curse and then we can also turn them into an aura if you dont want to wait cast on damage.

Spellblock is another issue... Rainbowstrider feels really weak and Saff shield loses you huge amounts of armor :x... not really many other options I guess.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Jun 15, 2016, 5:21:44 PM
"
fraed wrote:
just wanted to tell you that im currently enjoying the build quite a lot. Having Trouble linking my lioneyes so im still using a tabula. I was just wondering if a COH setup would work? also i feel like with MOM if i get hit once i just lose all my mana. and i don't see the point in CWDT golems because you have to lose 3/4 of your health to proc it.

How much mana do you have? Hopefully you have something over 1k. Deep Thoughts is really important once you pick up MoM, and you can even spec into Righteous Decree in Templar if you think you need to. Are you running Clarity on Blood Magic, by chance? I started around 75 or so and it's going to be core when i rerwite the links section.

CwDT golems is a throwback to me being a lazy sod and not wanting to recast them. They only would ever need to be recast about once every 5 minutes or so just from attrition, and my 3k CwDT was enough for that. However, I've started using a +2 minions helm and socketed them in that for a bit of extra tankiness, so CwDT dreams went out the window there. I feel like you could drop CwDT for the golems without any lost tears.

"
Tome_of_exp wrote:
Single target is a pain though, it seems like if they dont move against a wall or structure you just need an alternate... could go something like incinerate on doon main hand or something.
For single target, I'm leveling Flame Surge in a 4-link. The build has the room and as soon as I get the gem leveled high enough, I'll let you know if it's viable. Otherwise, I'm content with my damage for single targets just 'taking longer'. Also, while I initially was very concerned about spell block, short of Rathpith I don't really feel obligated to pick any up. I really liked having it on my chieftan, but the elementalist has been doing great so far without it and I haven't had any scary moments without. I feel the loss of a rare shield is too monumental.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I currently have 1.4 k mana and i actually was thinking of picking up righteous decree aswell. and no i'm not running blood magic clarity.Oh and i forgot to mention i'm currently level 81. and i just refined my immortal call setup so my mana isnt getting hit too hard now. And i find im re summoning my golems quite a bit so a +2 might not be bad
Last edited by fraed on Jun 16, 2016, 2:09:29 AM
Damn I actually died a couple hours ago, literally 2 bars from 85. Was to literally the most trivial of things to... went into a map and was just attacking away on a bloodline pack with corrupted blood and died before I noticed I was even losing health :P. I had 5.7k hp, ~320hp/sec regen, 7k armor and 1200 mana so I was obviously pretty surprised that it snuck up on me like that. Even had 2 flasks with bleed immunity ready to go just didn't notice -_-. I have a feeling complacency played a huge role with this, maps were feeling super easy and almost never going below half health. Was thinking the death's door boots would be a failsafe for this but they are pretty much as expensive as all the the gear I was wearing at the time XD. Going to do a bit more research before I start up again but shouldn't take long with what I have stocked up in the stash :)
"
Tome_of_exp wrote:
Damn I actually died a couple hours ago, literally 2 bars from 85. Was to literally the most trivial of things to... went into a map and was just attacking away on a bloodline pack with corrupted blood and died before I noticed I was even losing health :P. I had 5.7k hp, ~320hp/sec regen, 7k armor and 1200 mana so I was obviously pretty surprised that it snuck up on me like that. Even had 2 flasks with bleed immunity ready to go just didn't notice -_-. I have a feeling complacency played a huge role with this, maps were feeling super easy and almost never going below half health. Was thinking the death's door boots would be a failsafe for this but they are pretty much as expensive as all the the gear I was wearing at the time XD. Going to do a bit more research before I start up again but shouldn't take long with what I have stocked up in the stash :)

I had no idea you were playing the build on HC, but damn that makes me proud! Way to go! I hadn't looked at Death's Door before, those look awesome. Would you mind if I include them into the luxury section, as the certainly seem to fit both theme and purpose?

Also, hearing that the build made you feel complacent makes me giggle a bit, I sat next to a stack of corpses next to a detonate dead chest in a t9 not 30 minutes ago and had a panic attack... but only went down to about 40% hp. Similar adrenaline, I feel your pain tho. ♥
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Ya I think Death's Door would be a solid addition to luxury section, definitely worthwhile for endgame maps.

I already remade, should be back on maps in 2 days or so.
Back up to 61, got lion's eye 5L again but couldn't get right colors.. stuck with BGRRR atm so using life leech in one of the red, it lowers the overall dps but definitely helps with survivability against things things like reflect damage without sacrificing an entire slot for saff shield.
Just got lvl 88 on HC, still need to get 6L but got merc lab finished today. So far so good, just been looking for solid upgrades on poe trade, tough to overcap sufficiently for some maps atm. Many boss fights are kinda sketchy so just avoiding them. Mainly running tier 7-10 maps atm.

Actually just got 6S with RRBBGG today, tried 6linking but couldnt do it after 200 fuse. Considering just keeping as 5L now.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Jun 25, 2016, 7:04:35 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:

Also, I've changed directions on Ascendancies... I now forgo Shaper in favor of Pendulum + Mastermind. We really didn't need Prolif considering how the build ended up playing out, and what we get out of going for pendulum/mastermind is massive. It's a huge improvement in clear speed + overall damage

I'm loving this build so far. I am just about to do Uber lab, but I am really confused as to why you would choose mastermind. What lightning skills are you using to proc the 25% fire pen?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info