[3.0] Freezer Burn - AB AoF MoM EO, Cheap, Fun, Screw the Meta

Your gear looks really spot on, no real changes there.

Arctic Armour may help a lot, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

More decoy totem usage may help you for scary encounters.

I typically advise taking reflect ascendancy for merciless, and leaving the ele prolif for uber.

Tree looked fine, but I have corrections to suggest: Pathing through Fire Walker is better than Frost Walker. Inspiration behind MoM is a significant improvement to survivability. Finish up explosive impact, it's really strong. I don't go for heart and soul anymore, so there's two points saved for now.

My version of the build looks like this now:

Vaal Pact version

I don't go into marauder anymore for my current test trial, however since I'm still working on it, this is merely a work in progress version. The form you are following is stronger in more situations, I just wanted to try it with VP.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Your gear looks really spot on, no real changes there.

Arctic Armour may help a lot, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

More decoy totem usage may help you for scary encounters.

I typically advise taking reflect ascendancy for merciless, and leaving the ele prolif for uber.

Tree looked fine, but I have corrections to suggest: Pathing through Fire Walker is better than Frost Walker. Inspiration behind MoM is a significant improvement to survivability. Finish up explosive impact, it's really strong. I don't go for heart and soul anymore, so there's two points saved for now.

My version of the build looks like this now:

Vaal Pact version

I don't go into marauder anymore for my current test trial, however since I'm still working on it, this is merely a work in progress version. The form you are following is stronger in more situations, I just wanted to try it with VP.

Thanks for your detailed answer, gotta do some test now !
Hey Kwitch, I just finished obsessively reading through your guide (and all the comments). I've been obsessed with Arctic Breath for many leagues now, and I'm very impressed with your guide. It's one of the best I've seen for any build, and you've changed my opinion on a number of items (not easy to do, unfortunately!).

I play Arctic Breath very differently and you've inspired me in two ways:

1) To check out cold to fire conversion again and see what I can learn. For the reference of the uninitiated who may not have a point of reference, 71K tooltip dps on GMP Arctic breath with HC-level survivability is UTTERLY BONKERS. I usually play AB builds that feel like they have amazing damage with sub-30K tooltip and they feel great.

2 To actually write out my Templar Hierophant approach to AB. I'll let you know when it's up in a few weeks; I'm very curious to get your feedback.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I selfishly hope that you choose to play AB again in Beta/3.0!
shameless self-bump:

Updated the build to 3.0 compliance, with a Path of Building link.

Working on other project builds, but always willing to discuss FreezerBurn with anyone who wants.

Cheers
98 and 112 points skill trees is broken.
For 3.0, I posted a new PoB link at the top of the guide, as I believe this is the final time this guide will be updated. I did not go through the entire guide and update it for 3.0 due to this, so I imagine that yes, they are broken.

Please refer to the PoB skilltree if you are still interested in playing a derivative of this build. Lioneye's Vision no longer works in the build, and that item was more or less the entire concept.

If interest and demand for a revision of the guide persist, I will go through and update *everything*, but I was merely disappointed with it for now.
oh, thank you, just noticed it now
Last edited by Shustrik116rus on Aug 21, 2017, 4:13:39 AM
Path of Building is a third-party application that allows you to plan builds with gear and gem links, and gives very accurate estimations for what the capabilities of certain build choices would result as. It's a commonly used and regarded piece of software. The link I provided was for the last update I made to the build using that software.

A more traditional skill tree I made for you outlines where I was with development, but as I previously stated, development has ceased due to the Pierce change. You are on your own to play this build and tinker with it as you wish. I no longer have plans to continue it due to mechanical reasons.
Honest question, but why for Path of Building did you basically put in max stats rares with 5-6 stats that apply? It just seems so dishonest to put perfect gear and then use that as your marker for dps and other stats :/

I was really excited to try this build until I saw that.
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
"
VoodootiKi wrote:
Honest question, but why for Path of Building did you basically put in max stats rares with 5-6 stats that apply? It just seems so dishonest to put perfect gear and then use that as your marker for dps and other stats :/

I was really excited to try this build until I saw that.

I always make my builds with the highest potential they can achieve, for those with the budget.
I always assume I'll reach *Half* of that. Maybe, if I'm lucky.
If the build looks good at 50%, then I publish it. Also, when I made this build PoB didn't even exist yet. As was indicated, it's retired due to the change to pierce. I've been working on other content.

Please, by all means, feel free to put your own character into PoB and see how your damage looks.
My original guide, with 70k tooltip in a GMP setup was in-game screenshots. Take that for what you feel it's worth.
Last edited by Kwitch on Aug 25, 2017, 12:51:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info