[2.3] HC Non crit Frostbolt/Vortex – Dual Cursing – 75% slow stacking – Reflect viable - Cheap

No - that's not quite right. Blade vortex is still a spell - if it worked like that every blade vortexer would be walking round with tri ele damage weapons and doing insane damage.
The boot mod adds to both attacks and spells but should still have been converted to fire by pyre. But I think you are right that it is something to do with the vortex setup.

Been playing with Realm Ender. Does seem to be a very good option until you get a really nice +3 staff and a levelled empower. The +3 only really takes off when you have a 6l anyway.
If you get the prophecy, try and get a good roll realmshaper - it keeps the elemental roll after te upgrade. I bought a bad roll realm ender then got the prophecy immediately afterwards and upgraded a 47% roll one (best I could find).

Ah, you're right. Always thought Blade Vortex was an attack for some reason. That interaction is even weirder then. I doubt it's your minion since I don't think minions proc passives like that either.
Quick update (I should probably start my own thread as I'm not HC and my build is a bit different!)

Experimented with a few gearing options, and couldn't decide if best to try and craft a 6l (Ended up buying dark mage cards to get one, but then sold it) or get a +3 and link it.
Picked up a +3 with an open prefix - a perfectly crafted one would let me ad cold damage for another 15-20 %, and cast speed, but neither are huge. Fuses are cheap this league so went that way.

A 6l isn't even that big a deal. If you are going staff route, you are arguably better off running in either aoe clear mode with inc aoe, or inv'boss mode' with conc effect. Running both is OK, but not really optimal for clearing and doesn't make that much difference for bosses. It does save time swaping though.
Where it does help is if running atziri - she can't be ignited so might as well use elemental focus + conc effect. I hit 40k degen with that setup, with lvl 19 vortex and a level 2 empower.

Anyway, I got the 5l and was happy with it, but saved up about 70 fuses and thought I'd try again, planning to stick on a 5l if I got, or go back to Realm Ender (Which is still the best cheap option, and best overall if no empower). Hit the 6l in less than 20 fuses :)

Must have been lucky fuses as I went on and 5 linked 3 unique armours, and still had 24 fuses left!

Got a slight issue now that I'm out of sockets for an extra golem when I get my uber ascendancy. Need to get a 'proper' 6s5l carcass, or drop a link on lightning warp.

Build clears trash incredibly quickly still - using inc aoe + faster casting for easy maps. But single target still isn't great. And Still very squishy (porcupines especially). I might leave it for a bit and start an alt soon. Or maybe try and squeeze in a heretic's veil (if I can get the currency or theY get cheaper) and run temp chains as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info