[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Black_Gun wrote:
the wording on the new vaal pact is pretty unambiguous: ES leech from soul tether will we subject to the 20%/s leech cap

the wording on the new vaal pact is that life leech is applied instantly. the wording on the belt is that life leech applies to ES while on full life. how exactly did you arrive to the conclusion that the 20% cap is going to be applied here?
Last edited by DirtyDot on Jul 25, 2017, 6:21:18 AM
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
ninuvas1977 wrote:
Im tempted to try a CI build with the new Soul Tether .... because with CI i am either Full Life or dead. So the old CI gear should still work as long as you dont get oneshotted with the first hit.

do you realise you will be running around with 1 hp and 0 es until you start leeching?

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ninuvas1977 wrote:
Im tempted to try a CI build with the new Soul Tether .... because with CI i am either Full Life or dead. So the old CI gear should still work as long as you dont get oneshotted with the first hit.

...or step on burning or desecrated ground. Or touch a lab trap. Etc. ANY damage when you are not already leeching will kill you.

Yes i have taken this into consideration. As a starter build, this would be insane while leveling. I was thinking on trying it on my standard witch. If i can afford the belt :)

Astramentis will be a lot more expansive cause of the SRS Baron build using it too .... seems like this could be the next meta
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:
the wording on the new vaal pact is pretty unambiguous: ES leech from soul tether will we subject to the 20%/s leech cap

the wording on the new vaal pact is that life leech is applied instantly. the wording on the belt is that life leech applies to ES while on full life. how exactly did you arrive to the conclusion that the 20% cap is going to be applied here?

No, the new wording on VP is 'Gain life from leech instantly'. GGG specifically mentioned that VP will no longer work with ES in any form.

Since nobody had a chance to test this new belt yet, there is still a discussion about it, but the prevailing opinion is that the ES leech with it won't be instant. We'll know soon enough.

"
ninuvas1977 wrote:
Astramentis will be a lot more expansive cause of the SRS Baron build using it too .... seems like this could be the next meta

We got through the HOWA meta, we'll get through the Baron one too. There is always some meta that can use Astra. I don't think it will be more expensive than in 2.5-2.6.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 25, 2017, 3:58:47 PM
Does anybody on Beta have a Kaom's Heart that I could borrow for a day? I'd like to test the difference a higher Life pool would make, but can't get my hands on that item. PM me if you have one I could try.
Last edited by OldmanIce on Jul 27, 2017, 3:30:56 AM
"
OldmanIce wrote:

That looks like a hybrid that tries to leech life (the normal way), but also grabs a bunch of ES nodes, and probably mostly ES gear? If you go with that much ES (and ES recharge) then the life leech won't be of much use.

What class is this meant for? The obvious choice with ES recharge would be Occultist. But Occultist works better with CI. The problem with Occultist is low DPS, it just doesn't have anything useful for Icestorm. The pre-nerf versions with 20k ES and insane regen/recharge could survive T16 bosses and kill them (more like watch them die from old age), but that doesn't work against the Shaper where time is your enemy. I don't know the status of that approach in 3.0.

I don't see how your idea would be viable against anything endgame.

ETA: The new Soul Tether belt will work well with the non-instant leech approach. But then you don't need ES recharge nodes. Also, if you are not using CI then you don't need US anymore. The new Pantheon (Brine King) will be enough to protect you against stun with any non-CI amount of Life.

But I still don't think you can outleech anything serious without VP.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 26, 2017, 6:12:59 PM
"

That looks like a hybrid that tries to leech life (the normal way), but also grabs a bunch of ES nodes, and probably mostly ES gear? If you go with that much ES (and ES recharge) then the life leech won't be of much use.

What class is this meant for? The obvious choice with ES recharge would be Occultist. But Occultist works better with CI. The problem with Occultist is low DPS, it just doesn't have anything useful for Icestorm. The pre-nerf versions with 20k ES and insane regen/recharge could survive T16 bosses and kill them (more like watch them die from old age), but that doesn't work against the Shaper where time is your enemy. I don't know the status of that approach in 3.0.

I don't see how your idea would be viable against anything endgame.

ETA: The new Soul Tether belt will work well with the non-instant leech approach. But then you don't need ES recharge nodes. Also, if you are not using CI then you don't need US anymore. The new Pantheon (Brine King) will be enough to protect you against stun with any non-CI amount of Life.

But I still don't think you can outleech anything serious without VP.

I have changed something after your comments. And I had wanted to use elementalist but i decided to wait for your passive tree because of it is too hard to make without enough information about Oriath. I hope, you will share as soon as possible.
"
OldmanIce wrote:
I have changed something after your comments. And I had wanted to use elementalist but i decided to wait for your passive tree because of it is too hard to make without enough information about Oriath. I hope, you will share as soon as possible.

I'm starting with Berserker in 3.0. Almost done with beta testing, I'll share the release candidate build in a couple days. Although GGG won't post the final changes until it will be too late to test them, so it's still a draft.

We'll see about Elementalist and other versions later.
We believe in you to make the witch viable as well!
are you able to do grandmaster with the new life build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info