[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
gradinarcho wrote:

ty for the info this is the best boots/gloves I could find with int and rez's that weren't exalts but ill keep lookin for upgrades

Your gloves have an armor craft on em for some reason. Try to find someone with a level 7 Haku who can strip that off and put flat ES on them. Won't be much, but should wind up with about 30 more ES on them. Every bit helps (=
Thank you for the guide! now, finnaly, i can feel myself usefull. I have this gear and hopping around 8k ES and 6-7k tooltip damage of the icestorm. Can you say, what I need to upgrade in this gear ASAP?

Spoiler
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Time to loock for a new armous,so have a question.
And one more. I have 7100ES and UberIzaro 1shot killing me time to time with 0 keys.
I thought he has 7500dmg strike only on full keys isn't he?

Idk how Izaro's damage is actually calculated, didnt find much info on the wiki regarding that but,
I did the Uber Lab yesterday, 18 March, with all 4 keys and it went really smoothly and quickly, I was impressed.

I had 7k ES and my guess is that the Bismuth Flask saved me, when he was about to strike a high damage blow, I quickly tapped Bismuth Flask, Basalt FLask and Suplhur Flask, (you can check my gear) and he did chunk me for a good amount but didnt kill me and the ES got leeched back up in half a second.

All the fights didnt take long as you have insane DPS, I finished every one of them in about 10 seconds.
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Mar 19, 2017, 9:42:25 AM
May i ask another standard question? How do you ALL manage to get so much currency?

One page ago there was someone who is lvl 60, has 950 int and Capped resistances, but is only in cruel act 4 but still have those expensive items like astramentis (~ 90 chaos actual) and perandus signet ...

I kept all my chaos by my hand to save em to buy an astramentis, but have had just about 41 chaos actual (lvl 64 in act 1 merciless) with fire/cold/light resis of 22/67/3 % ... 1031 life + 1932 energy shield (yo i stick to hybrid build as around 1000 ES wasn't enough as i dont wanted to buy expensive items) ... just bought wispering ice, doedres scorn, icetomb and shavronne's pace for 1 alchemy each.

Any hints? And now, no one of my chars reached the area where i could sell ilvl 60 items to get chaos orbs.

Oh and just to clarify: Haven't much problems, sometimes i die, but works quiet good ... but i am just curious how to optain all those expensive items, at least astramentis and some of those jewels for later conversion from strength/dex to int ... If someone is irritated about that spell totem + summon skelleton thing: it is for extra defense against huge mob packs to avoid being hit ;)
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Mar 19, 2017, 9:55:01 AM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
May i ask another standard question? How do you ALL manage to get so much currency?

One page ago there was someone who is lvl 60, has 950 int and Capped resistances, but is only in cruel act 4 but still have those expensive items like astramentis (~ 90 chaos actual) and perandus signet ...

I kept all my chaos by my hand to save em to buy an astramentis, but have had just about 41 chaos actual (lvl 64 in act 1 merciless) with fire/cold/light resis of 22/67/3 % ... 1031 life + 1932 energy shield (yo i stick to hybrid build as around 1000 ES wasn't enough as i dont wanted to buy expensive items) ... just bought wispering ice, doedres scorn, icetomb and shavronne's pace for 1 alchemy each.

Any hints? And now, no one of my chars reached the area where i could sell ilvl 60 items to get chaos orbs.

Oh and just to clarify: Haven't much problems, sometimes i die, but works quiet good ... but i am just curious how to optain all those expensive items, at least astramentis and some of those jewels for later conversion from strength/dex to int ... If someone is irritated about that spell totem + summon skelleton thing: it is for extra defense against huge mob packs to avoid being hit ;)

First of all, the chaos orb recipe is a sucker bet. A newb trap. Worst. Income. Source. Ever. The unidentified recipe is even worse.

Ok, that out of the way, download and install Acquisition. Here's Yoji to show you how to do it in about a minute. https://youtu.be/HeqU9jkWRy0

Then save every every decent (or even half decent) piece of armor, weapon, gem, card, jewel or jewelry you find. List them on Poe.trade via Acquisition, and don't list ANYTHING under 1 chaos (if it isn't worth 1c, then don't list it, so that includes the vast majority of "leveling" uniques). Why the 1c cutoff? Because unless you sit in your hideout all day long, it's just not worth it grubbing for alchs or fuses. Dedicate at least one or two stash tabs for selling.

Not sure what the value of something should be? Look it up! Want to make that process a lot easier? Install POE.trade Macro, and with a keystroke you can see the rough value of an item right inside the game, or be taken right to the POE.trade search results in your browser. Here's a video to get you started with the program. https://youtu.be/CbC_Sg53kTM

Don't keep anything you don't plan on using for your current build. I repeat:

DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT USING SOON.

Seriously. If you find something valuable, SELL IT. Items are almost always worth more now than they will be later in the league. That applies to things like Breachstones and Midnight/Noon sac fragments too. You plan on farming Atziri or Breachlords later on? Buy the fragments or stones later on, when you need them, when they're cheaper (more on cheaper below) and when you have a bigger bankroll and less immediate needs.

In a matter of hours, (if not minutes), you should start to see a decent income. You'll get a steady stream of income from rings and amulets especially, as people are always playing resist and stat jigsaw.

Now, when it comes time to spend all that currency, don't be stupid about it. Use the live search on POE.trade, use the Websockets instant mode, and set it to alert you when a deal comes along. For example, have a live search running for Astramentis with a max price of 60c. Have a live search running for every item you don't have (or want to upgrade) at reduced prices. Because they DO show up, often several times a day, at those reduced prices, as people try to undercut the lowest price to make a quick sale to buy that other thing they want. You just have to be aware when that happens, and a live search gives you a shot at getting the item cheap.

Not playing POE at the moment, but still at your PC? Keep those live searches running anyway, and be ready to log in and send a whisper to the sellers. You will get a lot of "sold" responses (and a lot of no-responses), but you'll also score decent items cheap.

Can't wait that long for that cheap item? Keep the lowball search running, and start another one in the price range you can afford now. You'll still find better deals that way, and you might still get lucky with that cheap Astramentis or whatever that you can flip for more currency.

Selling things is the secret to having currency in POE. EVERYBODY finds things, but not everybody turns those finds into income. Far too many folks hoard items they'll never use, or vendor sell rings and amulets that are worth far more than a few alt fragments to the right buyer, or worse, they waste those rings and amulets to use with the chaos recipe.

Did I mention that the chaos recipes are a bad thing?

Thanks for nice build for a start- Really enjoying it!!
My question, if you use deodre's ring, what is that third curse ? I only use WM+Enfeeble, and didnt see any other curse gems on your gear?

Thanks
"
civillis wrote:
Thanks for nice build for a start- Really enjoying it!!
My question, if you use deodre's ring, what is that third curse ? I only use WM+Enfeeble, and didnt see any other curse gems on your gear?

Thanks

Temporal Chains.
Which end game grinds are the easiest to accomplish, from what I've seen in his videos, Uber Izaro is quite easy, some of the shaper's guardians can be easily tanked but Idk about the other ones, I don't like doing Atziri's, seems like it requires much preparations taking you out of your comfort zone and you also have to move a lot.
@Capozzi: Thanks for your help, installed the poe.trade macro, seems really helpful, also installed the shop thing, but as my poe is @steam ... steam guard ALWAYS want me so get another security key ...

Anyway: Will i have to run that Acquisition thing always again each time i start my pc or will it run by itself?
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
@Capozzi: Thanks for your help, installed the poe.trade macro, seems really helpful, also installed the shop thing, but as my poe is @steam ... steam guard ALWAYS want me so get another security key ...

Anyway: Will i have to run that Acquisition thing always again each time i start my pc or will it run by itself?

You'll need to start it and the trade macro every time you start your PC (or at least when you're running POE).

The best way to log into Acquisition is to use your Session ID (POESESSID), which doesn't go through Steam's security overkill. When you start Acquisition, it's the tab on the far right of the login screen.

Here's a slightly outdated tutorial for how to find your Session ID depending on your choice of browser:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/procurement/wikis/LoginWithSessionID.wiki

In the tutorial, it has you look for PHPSESSID in your cookies, when you actually need to be searching for POESESSID. Copy that, paste it into the Session ID field of Acquisition, and you're good to go.

You will only need to repeat that process if you manually log out of pathofexile.com, which resets your Session ID. I've been using the same Session ID since before the start of Breach league, for instance.

Please disregard the Procurement specific instruction at the bottom of that tutorial, Acquisition only needs the ID, no need for an alias.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info