[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
JSquiggle wrote:
Has anyone messed around with dropping Warlord's mark for flammability or any other curse? I went marauder and 4% leech is plenty for me. Trying to figure out what would be the best thing to run.

keep in mind that you only get 1% permanent leech from berserker. with life leech support, thats 3% for bossfights, not 4%.

since this build does not ignite, flammability is worse than ele weakness with quality. so if you want more damage, I'd recommend getting that. but I think there might be situations where an additional ring is worth more than ele weakness... either a rare opal ring with 50+ int and other goodies, or a perandus signet.

but again, I'm not sure if 3% leech on berserker will be sufficient for tough content.

True, I believe in the marauder videos posted by OP during shaper he used purity of ice instead of warlords - I could be wrong, but I dont think I ever saw it go up on shaper.

I consider that one of the tougher fights, I can pretty much do anything else. You might be right, I'll experiment with an additional ring instead.
"
JSquiggle wrote:
True, I believe in the marauder videos posted by OP during shaper he used purity of ice instead of warlords - I could be wrong, but I dont think I ever saw it go up on shaper.

I consider that one of the tougher fights, I can pretty much do anything else. You might be right, I'll experiment with an additional ring instead.

Keeping WM and replacing LL with another gem (CD) is actually better since CD is not affected by curse mitigation. But when I tried that on the Berserker it was simply less safe but not any faster.

The Berserker thread isn't that large yet, you can find all that discussed there.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 3, 2017, 3:01:47 PM
(double post)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 3, 2017, 3:02:10 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
JSquiggle wrote:

Keeping WM and replacing LL with another gem (CD) is actually better since CD is not affected by curse mitigation. But when I tried that on the Berserker it was simply less safe but not any faster.

The Berserker thread isn't that large yet, you can find all that discussed there.

Thanks Kelv, I'm definitely going to go with witch next league. I like to change builds around a lot near the end of leagues and I feel like witch has much more versatility.

I had a berserker already this league, so I gave it a whirl. I was able to do all the content fairly easily - so I think it's going to be a great league starter.

I was a little skeptical at first switching to CWC but i gotta tell you im glad i did. It seems more fun in a way and even though i do not notice a difference in damage really im able to run arctic armor now because i couldnt get a lvl 3 enlighten going with my current setup. And i don't know if anyone else had this problem but with all of the ice shards falling i would constantly lose my cursor in battles. At least the scorching ray gives me an idea of the direction my cursor is pointing now lol.
Hello Fellow Exiles,

I been having trouble with Shaper/Hydra fights.Heres my Current Gear, any suggestions would be greatly Appreciated

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHDkgQWBEtEVARlhM1FdcXpBhqGS4abBzcHOcdTx8CIvQn7Sj6KU8qOCycLL8tHzW5NsU5UjrYPAU9Dz1fRUdGcUcGSbFMi0yzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDVgHXfJfal-wZlRoZWoebAhtGW-ed-V8g3y7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljr6O6Y8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdQH1abXz9gk2WHb59yN323fsOQi6-7sGOw470vvfO-I7-vxivIv85v5Nw==
Last edited by IrecklessJ0ker on Feb 4, 2017, 4:21:04 PM
Uh, accidentally 6 linked my staff.. Wat do?
Last edited by Godmode on Feb 5, 2017, 12:59:50 AM
"
I been having trouble with Shaper/Hydra fights.Heres my Current Gear, any suggestions would be greatly Appreciated

You're missing a lot of intelligence from your chest and belt, and a bit from your Astramentis (just divine it a couple of times) and 3% from your helm.

You can easily craft a good belt with shrieking spite in a few tries.

And you need to 4L (or 5L if you're lucky) your staff. Get an 18% too; they're cheap and you don't care about % casting speed.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 5, 2017, 5:11:24 AM
"
Godmode wrote:
Uh, accidentally 6 linked my staff.. Wat do?

Sell it for filthy lucre and buy or craft a 5L...
Finished collecting a couple items for my Whispering Ice that's on Standard that I played during Essence League. Can't wait to tryout this build with +1 Astramentis, get to use it with Signet when Breach ends! :D Sooo much ES/INT/Damage!

edit: will fix the enchant on the boots! :P
Free Master Crafting Service (Breach): thread/1797112
Free Master Crafting Service (Essence): thread/1744527
Free Master Crafting Service (Legacy): thread/1857272
Free Master Crafting Service (Harbinger): thread/1952418
Last edited by Garnier on Feb 5, 2017, 5:19:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info