[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

So far I am enjoying this build. I am not even res capped (lol) and cleared a bunch of 10-12s so far including vaal'd 12s with item rarity in 6th slot. I am looking at my next upgrades and the biggest will be a crystal belt to get INT.

The problem is that I have a ton of resist on belt but none on my chest. I will have to hope for 1 res on belt and get a new chest with similar ES (current is 650 es) and double/triple res. I have been runnning with 5900 ES but a chest will cost a ton.

Would you suggest trying to craft a chest or just buy one straight up and bite the bullet? As far as the belt, I would guess buying a cheap base crystal belt then using essences to craft and cross my fingers is the route described above.
So the new Astramentis div card (The Polymath) drops in The Library. Anyone has tried farming it? Are the drop rates good enough to be worth farming?
"
teebeewhy wrote:
So far I am enjoying this build. I am not even res capped (lol) and cleared a bunch of 10-12s so far including vaal'd 12s with item rarity in 6th slot. I am looking at my next upgrades and the biggest will be a crystal belt to get INT.

The problem is that I have a ton of resist on belt but none on my chest. I will have to hope for 1 res on belt and get a new chest with similar ES (current is 650 es) and double/triple res. I have been runnning with 5900 ES but a chest will cost a ton.

Would you suggest trying to craft a chest or just buy one straight up and bite the bullet? As far as the belt, I would guess buying a cheap base crystal belt then using essences to craft and cross my fingers is the route described above.

Because you don't need a 6L chest, it is probably most effective to buy an unlinked chest with as much ES as possible, and just try to 5L it. That is likely the most cost effective, since you can usually get a 5L6S in like ~100 jewellers and 50-100 fuses. For a belt, what I did was buy a decent chain belt for the time being, and then bought a Crystal Belt (while I was low enough level I couldn't use it), and bought Essences here and there to throw at it. Eventually I rolled
which isn't anything amazing, but is good enough for the time being.
U MAD?
Yeah I have to do both at the same time. A belt is around 10c so that is fine. I have a ton of scours and essences, which one did you use?

Just looking quickly I can probably get away with about 2-4ex for 600minimum ES with 40 res total and 40 INT. Sound about right?
Loving this build so far. I am currently in low-level maps and zipping around like crazy.

I wanted to ask you. I made a slight modification because I was having a hell of a time getting the right color sockets on ES gear for the leapslam combo. At the moment, I gave up trying to get RRG* on my gloves and instead I'm running with Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Chain, Flammability. I was wondering what you thought of this.

Yes, we lose fortify. But it gives us 1 less thing to cast (we were already using orb of storms). Chain lets OOS hit more mobs, plus it applies another offensive curse (I don't have a 5-link yet on my chest). It also gives us some flexibility. I can swap to Enfeeble, or if I'm in a curse immune map, I can make it OOS, increased AOE, Faster Casting, Blind for added defense. The chain + blind + faster casting should mean we can blind quite a few mobs per cast.

What are your thoughts? I'm still poor on currency after picking up the Astramentis so I don't have the Black Sun Crest yet or a higher int WI, but those are my next steps.

doin this build for the second Time and im as happy as the first time i did it :)
lvl 87 atm farming uber lab trying to do max key runs but i cant manage to let all the Lieutenants alive. always the first one reaches izaro and gets killed in my icestorm

this is my gear:

i have 252 unreserved mana - i think i could get a bit more burst damage using a mana flask but it would only be in the beginning so this should not matter much
do you think my dmg is simply too low for killing him fast engough? currently 6154 dps in hiedeout
7266 ES

do you have an idea how i could manage to get a 4 key run going?
"
teebeewhy wrote:
Yeah I have to do both at the same time. A belt is around 10c so that is fine. I have a ton of scours and essences, which one did you use?

Just looking quickly I can probably get away with about 2-4ex for 600minimum ES with 40 res total and 40 INT. Sound about right?

Belts cannot roll INT, so you need to use the Essence of Spite.
U MAD?
"
Remedin wrote:
doin this build for the second Time and im as happy as the first time i did it :)
lvl 87 atm farming uber lab trying to do max key runs but i cant manage to let all the Lieutenants alive. always the first one reaches izaro and gets killed in my icestorm
Spoiler

this is my gear:

i have 252 unreserved mana - i think i could get a bit more burst damage using a mana flask but it would only be in the beginning so this should not matter much
do you think my dmg is simply too low for killing him fast engough? currently 6154 dps in hiedeout
7266 ES

do you have an idea how i could manage to get a 4 key run going?

move north of izaro's platform, around 2-3 character lengths away from him. start precasting icestorms on yourself before he appears. he will jump onto you, right into your icestorm cluster. as soon as he starts his leap slam animation, pop a quicksilver and run south to drag the first lieutenant away from the impact zone. doing it like this usually works fine for me. on the super quick layout 3 days ago, I was chaining uber labs nonstop and failed the lieutenants once out of 14 runs using this method.

note, however, that my gear is very good (1870 int), I cannot guarantee you that my method works if the damage is lower. (the 3-4 precast instances of icestorm must be enough to finish off izaro...)

Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 27, 2016, 4:26:38 PM
Could somebody make a suggestion on what my next gear upgrade should be to prep for the shaper fight?

Spoiler

Wanted to say thank you for this awesome build! Really having a blast!

"
mrutomi wrote:
Could somebody make a suggestion on what my next gear upgrade should be to prep for the shaper fight?

Spoiler

Crafted belt as described on the previous page and boots with ~120+ ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info