[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

you are good to go,
just pop phys reduction and cold flask on portal slam and you`ll take no more than a 3-5k hit.

cold flask with increased effect is also great. You dont need movement speed for the fight since its basically face/tank/roll :)

you might burn out some fragments untill you memorise the scripted actions and learn to take pre-measures but outside of that there`s nothing hard about it. good luck :)
I failed. He had like 5% left when I messed up with a Vortex in the Chaos Phase. No way to come back into the fight.

Then I tried to farm the Fragments again and got raped by the Phoenix explosion and I dont know why. Even with purity of fire he 1Shot me :( now I need a break
@Kelvynn

Can you update the example builds by including Doedre's Damning ring? You mention it early on, but then it isn't clear in the rest of the guide when to use it versus Perandus. Also, it is apparently impossible to find an Astramentis with the extra curse (been looking on trade for a while but none in sight) so the change I'm requesting will more realistically reflect build options.

Love your guide. Thanks for it! Especially the comprehensive leveling portion.
"
@Kelvynn

is there any update on this build
havent been around for a month already!

thanks

Nothing to update. It's working fine. I'll update my Standard stats when the Int Crystal belts from the Essence league arrive at the end of the month.

"
NumbSchiller wrote:
I did some really expensive minor upgrades. Perfect WI, perfect Astramentis, better gloves, 2nd 15% BlackSun Crest with green socket for Shaper, 3 Izaro's Turmoils, 24Int Jewels

Got 1532 Int, and 7146dps in Town. Total ES is 8860ES with lvl 21 Discipline. Alls Gems but TC are maxed 20/20. 2Vaal Discipline lvl 20 and lvl 15 (will level this more) are ready.

Flasks are ready like in the boss guide recommended (little difference in the sapphire flask I got chemists instead of experimenters)

All Guardians are dead. Mino, Phoenix were easy. Chimera killed me once in fog phase. And hydra was a pain in the ass and killed me like 5 times before dying.

Is there anything missing to be shaper viable but the lvl 3 enlighten?

I know my boots are missing speed, but it is really hard to find proper boots like this with speed :( without breaking my resistance.

If anybody got some I would buy them.

Am I missing anything there?

Hmm... Why only 1532 Int? That sounds suspiciously low for the league with Int Crystal belts available. You can open your characters if you want me to take a look if/what still needs upgraded.

Hydra is a bitch, dying to her with no-speed boots is not surprising at all. The Shaper may take some practice, expect to lose a set or two before winning if you've never seen him before. Make sure to read the 2.4.1 update to the Boss Guide for him, watch the video about dealing with the Slam and use the correct flasks.

"
NumbSchiller wrote:
I failed. He had like 5% left when I messed up with a Vortex in the Chaos Phase. No way to come back into the fight.

Then I tried to farm the Fragments again and got raped by the Phoenix explosion and I dont know why. Even with purity of fire he 1Shot me :( now I need a break

Aww. But getting to 5% on 1st try is very good, you just need practice. A swap staff with IR + Culling Strike is what I use for all bosses. Bring them low with the main DPS staff and then MF cull.

Getting 1-shot by Phoenix'es explosion can happen if you forget to pop Orb of Storms (or refresh it), or you neglect to kill adds (they stack a debuff on you that makes you take more fire damage). If you do Phoenix with -maxres you need to use Ruby flasks in addition to PoF just for the explosion.

"
tainium wrote:
@Kelvynn

Can you update the example builds by including Doedre's Damning ring? You mention it early on, but then it isn't clear in the rest of the guide when to use it versus Perandus. Also, it is apparently impossible to find an Astramentis with the extra curse (been looking on trade for a while but none in sight) so the change I'm requesting will more realistically reflect build options.

Not sure what you mean. Doedre's Damning is already a part of this build. That's how you get the 3rd curse. What example builds?

Perandus Signet is not even mentioned anywhere in this (Witch) version, unless I missed it somewhere. To use it instead of Doedre's you need a +1 curse Astramentis which is extremely hard to get, as you noticed.

I may add a section for luxury upgrades like that. But it has been a low priority since very few people can afford them, and those who can usually already know when to use them.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 1:55:21 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
NumbSchiller wrote:
I did some really expensive minor upgrades. Perfect WI, perfect Astramentis, better gloves, 2nd 15% BlackSun Crest with green socket for Shaper, 3 Izaro's Turmoils, 24Int Jewels

Got 1532 Int, and 7146dps in Town. Total ES is 8860ES with lvl 21 Discipline. Alls Gems but TC are maxed 20/20. 2Vaal Discipline lvl 20 and lvl 15 (will level this more) are ready.

Flasks are ready like in the boss guide recommended (little difference in the sapphire flask I got chemists instead of experimenters)

All Guardians are dead. Mino, Phoenix were easy. Chimera killed me once in fog phase. And hydra was a pain in the ass and killed me like 5 times before dying.

Is there anything missing to be shaper viable but the lvl 3 enlighten?

I know my boots are missing speed, but it is really hard to find proper boots like this with speed :( without breaking my resistance.

If anybody got some I would buy them.

Am I missing anything there?

Hmm... Why only 1532 Int? That sounds suspiciously low for the league with Int Crystal belts available. You can open your characters if you want me to take a look if/what still needs upgraded.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
NumbSchiller wrote:

Aww. But getting to 5% on 1st try is very good, you just need practice. A swap staff with IR + Culling Strike is what I use for all bosses. Bring them low with the main DPS staff and then MF cull.

Getting 1-shot by Phoenix'es explosion can happen if you forget to pop Orb of Storms (or refresh it), or you neglect to kill adds (they stack a debuff on you that makes you take more fire damage). If you do Phoenix with -maxres you need to use Ruby flasks in addition to PoF just for the explosion.

I dont know what is wrong with Phoenix and me I tried to kill him again. No bad mods and I couldnt even fight a second. He moves towards me and I am dead. He didnt even need the explosion. Purity of fire lvl 20, Ruby flask nothing helped. Feeling like an idiot now.

Something is wrong with your int if its only 1530 or so with that gear. Skilltree or jewels is the only explanation. Coz I have worse gear int-wise and I'm at 1604 atm.

Edit: Hmm well depends on jewels I guess. At lvl91 I got the jewel near scion start which with a 2nd fertile mind it gave me 57 or so int. Also instead of 3 izaros I use 1 izaros and 2 yellows which have 10int each. So I guess 1532 is not necessarily wrong.
Last edited by harby on Nov 8, 2016, 4:23:38 PM
"
NumbSchiller wrote:
Spoiler

That's great gear! How the hell can you possibly have only 1532 Int with this??

Something else is wrong. What level are you? What are your jewels? Are you playing some highly customized version of the build and not following my tree?

Phoenix killing you with his melee attack at the start? He doesn't aggro when you enter the room. Cast Icestorm on the center, take a step forward and immediately pop Orb of storms. Having him cursed BEFORE he gets to you is important. What were the mods anyway? Maybe something that you didn't think was bad actually was.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 4:36:29 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwc5x1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fM4c1uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyLTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l8qX2pfsGZUaGVqHmwIbRlvnnflfLt_xoKbgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WOvo7pjxqPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp7Nn8uhL6KjppmnCKcrpzCvm6-ntAy1BLiTvorAZsHFwfPDOsQVxPbKSsrT0B_Q0NIh1AfVptgk2WHb59yN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvS-987-vxivIv85s=?accountName=NumbSchiller&characterName=BloodyBuddys

I am at 1572 Int now respecced the -reserved Mana notes. I forgot those. Took the last jewel spot for it and I am up to 7756dps in town.

Level 91, killed all bandits, and following exactly your guide.
Last edited by NumbSchiller on Nov 8, 2016, 5:06:54 PM
"
NumbSchiller wrote:
I am at 1572 Int now respecced the -reserved Mana notes. I forgot those. Took the last jewel spot for it and I am up to 7756dps in town.

Level 91, killed all bandits, and following exactly your guide.

Ok, that's better, especially since you can max your resists without Kraityn.

Now check your jewels. Any Fertile Minds or Brute Forces lower than 23 Int? Any low roll Izaros or rares with total value less than 45? You can probably get to 1600 Int with good jewels.

And then just level to 94 and take the last jewel (Fertile Mind near the Scion start for double conversion). Xp is pretty easy until lv 94, the nerfs only get bad after that level.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 5:51:20 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
tainium wrote:
@Kelvynn

Not sure what you mean. Doedre's Damning is already a part of this build. That's how you get the 3rd curse. What example builds?

Perandus Signet is not even mentioned anywhere in this (Witch) version, unless I missed it somewhere. To use it instead of Doedre's you need a +1 curse Astramentis which is extremely hard to get, as you noticed.

I may add a section for luxury upgrades like that. But it has been a low priority since very few people can afford them, and those who can usually already know when to use them.

These 3 examples sets don't include it:
Gear -> My Gear
Leveling Guide -> Lvl 33 Example
Leveling Guide -> Lvl 51-53 Example

And the leveling guide doesn't mention using it other than as "twink" gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info