Path of Exile Speedrun

"
Qiox wrote:
I didn't say check his Youtube videos. I said check is VODs. Those are the replays of his Twitch streams. He streamed the entire race. Just look through all the replays of his streams until you find the right one. It was recorded around 2 or 3 years ago.

Hey I got a great idea. Let's make this a race! You first and then everyone else will try to beat your time.

Go!

thanks for clarifying, I'll search there, I'm not very familiar with streams, maybe there's some nice runs of other games to be found on twitch

lol no, I love watching runs but I sure as hell am not a runner

if GGG does make this a "race" then it would need to be recorded in order for the runner to receive a prize, otherwise it would be quite pointless
"
Coal48 wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
I didn't say check his Youtube videos. I said check is VODs. Those are the replays of his Twitch streams. He streamed the entire race. Just look through all the replays of his streams until you find the right one. It was recorded around 2 or 3 years ago.

Hey I got a great idea. Let's make this a race! You first and then everyone else will try to beat your time.

Go!

thanks for clarifying, I'll search there, I'm not very familiar with streams, maybe there's some nice runs of other games to be found on twitch

lol no, I love watching runs but I sure as hell am not a runner

if GGG does make this a "race" then it would need to be recorded in order for the runner to receive a prize, otherwise it would be quite pointless

There has been races with prizes already.

First to kill xyz boss (like act 4 boss), first to hit level 100, first to do xyz all come with large in-game or outside of game prizes in ladder or races. (for example demi-god items)

If you actually want a leader board with the exact times and vod, then people in general don't really bother recording it.

Full clear game 3x over again "speedruns" happen at the start of EVERY ladder (go watch a couple of people on twitch trying to be number 1 on friday), and rarely come in forms in races (1 month ladder, just finish it one time over, get to xyz boss) and variants of it but it's not the most popular form of racing.

If you want SPECIFICALLY a community recording and posting their entire attempts at run on youtube, that sadly doesn't exist in PoE because it has a lack of interest.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jun 2, 2016, 5:11:00 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Come on you're reaaaaaalllllllyy streeeetchhiinnnggg now. A speedrun is doing something the fastest possible under certain conditions...the fastest possible compared to what your imaginary friend? Or compared to other players attempting the same thing? You might even say a speedrun was a competition between players racing for the fastest time with a fresh start under identical conditions...you know a race.

Just admit you didn't know this game did races, and maybe check out some of the top racers since that's exactly what you're looking for.

It's not that I don't want to admit I'm wrong, it's that I genuinely could not find what I wanted to see on youtube but now I know that the place to look is twitch or other streaming sites

I knew PoE did races but I never considered races to be that similar to speedruns and so I'm not familiar with what races did take place in the past

"
Qiox wrote:
that was already done when Act 4 was put in the game. First to kill Malachai in Merc difficulty in the new leagues, Standard and HC version, won a new computer.

So yes, the race the OP is asking for already took place.

Now I just hope it was recorded and that I can find it on twitch or something

by the way, can you tell me who are the top racers? maybe that will help me find what I want more easily
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

There has been races with prizes already.

First to kill xyz boss (like act 4 boss), first to hit level 100, first to do xyz all come with large in-game or outside of game prizes in ladder or races. (for example demi-god items)

If you actually want a leader board with the exact times and vod, then people in general don't really bother recording it.
Full clear game 3x over again "speedruns" happen at the start of EVERY ladder (go watch a couple of people on twitch trying to be number 1 on friday), and rarely come in forms in races (1 month ladder, just finish it one time over, get to xyz boss) and variants of it but it's not the most popular form of racing.

If you want SPECIFICALLY a community recording and posting their entire attempts at run on youtube, that sadly doesn't exist in PoE because it has a lack of interest.

thanks for further clarifying things

that last thing you said is pretty much why I made this thread, oh well
Has OP actually watched speedruns? that D2 one is a joke.
A speedrun on games like these is pointless because in huge part it's determined by your RNG.
Let's say 2 people race,both going ele split arrow,one of them gets a gg aps/ele dmg bow at some point - that's it,at that point he has at least twice the dps,thus giving him far superior kill/clear speed.

That all being said,over the years there have been plenty of races from point X to Y,it has just become such common thing that nobody actually bothers with recording and of them as a potential part of a pool for world's quicker clearspeed.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Jun 2, 2016, 5:26:21 PM
Speedrunning is definitely something different from poe races. Similar in that you want to do it as fast as possible. But the difference is that a speedrun is looking for the very best time meant for world record status. Plenty of gaming achievements are in the guinness book of world records including speedruns.

The only problem I see has already been stated before in that PoE is gonna change a lot over the years. But I can see something like this happening in a small group once it gets close to a "finished" state for the game. I mean eventually GGG will want to do something else.
Sounds like fun man!
"
Coal48 wrote:
Now I just hope it was recorded and that I can find it on twitch or something

by the way, can you tell me who are the top racers? maybe that will help me find what I want more easily

You can check all the past results as well as see what kind of races have been run over in the Racing forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/leagues-and-race-events

As for twitch, a couple people who are almost always at the top of the ladder, and that I find interesting to watch would be: Etup or Havoc who was the 1st person to ever reach level 100 in hardcore.

They usually start out a new league playing in a group of anywhere from 2 to 4 players who split up to get to quest objectives and waypoints. You would be amazed by how fast they get to the end game.

I highly recommend that you tune into one of their channels tomorrow as the new league launches and at least watch how they get through normal difficulty. You will get a good idea of what is possible and how the fastest players approach the game.
Last edited by Qiox on Jun 2, 2016, 6:55:51 PM
Why are you people being for negitive, if you arent interested in his idea then move on geez. What exactly are you proving by running off at the mouth everytime he says speedrun, you say race, speedrun, you say race, this isnt a rap video and anyone with half a brain knows the difference between a speed run and a race. I was 3rd in the world to beat Mario World ever. You being the game follow a set up rules such as no short cuts, complete all main quests run starts at creation and finishes at malakai kill. Its simplely not the same as a race and its not about getting a prize its about perfection and knowledge of the game.

Speed run-

self found only-no items not self found can be used.
all main quests must be completed-no short cut by passing of main quests. This does not include lab.
must do full run solo
death ends attempt

I have 6 link armors and weapons including the new Sword and 100 chaos I will give to the fastest time recorded within the rules if bragging rights isnt good enough-the items are in standard.

If interested Pm me a time lime in which you want to do an attempt must have a min of 5 players attempting completion. All content must be recorded and verified from Start to finish.(Basicly if you dont have time for a 24 hour staight run dont bother.
"
sethbine wrote:
Why are you people being for negitive, if you arent interested in his idea then move on geez. What exactly are you proving by running off at the mouth everytime he says speedrun, you say race, speedrun, you say race, this isnt a rap video and anyone with half a brain knows the difference between a speed run and a race. I was 3rd in the world to beat Mario World ever. You being the game follow a set up rules such as no short cuts, complete all main quests run starts at creation and finishes at malakai kill. Its simplely not the same as a race and its not about getting a prize its about perfection and knowledge of the game.

Speed run-

self found only-no items not self found can be used.
all main quests must be completed-no short cut by passing of main quests. This does not include lab.
must do full run solo
death ends attempt

I have 6 link armors and weapons including the new Sword and 100 chaos I will give to the fastest time recorded within the rules if bragging rights isnt good enough-the items are in standard.

If interested Pm me a time lime in which you want to do an attempt must have a min of 5 players attempting completion. All content must be recorded and verified from Start to finish.(Basicly if you dont have time for a 24 hour staight run dont bother.

as soon im finishing moving (about 1-2 week) i will try. Not for the item... just because i wanna try that.

Chars need to be in HC (no death rule)
do you separate chars by base class (like scion, ranger and such) or you put them all in same boat

Just to clarify, one of the main difference between a speedrun and a race is : Time.

On race, you run again people and, if you fail, you stop and just accept it.
On speedrun, RNG - Mob placement - Map - other stuff like internet connection and such can affect your result.

On a race, once you are in the lead. you won that it.
On a speedrun : even if BOB have the WR currently, i can try to come with a better build/idea/RNG and beat him... might take a while but i have the chance to. Not in a Race.

so yea, race is not speedrun. !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info