Path of Exile Speedrun

Is anyone interested in doing a speedrun of PoE? I haven't found any on youtube...

for the people who aren't familiar with speedruns, it means beating a video game as fast as possible under certain rules

here's an example with diablo 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp0YNZVc1NE

for PoE, I would be looking for something with the following rules:

1-all quests completed on all difficulties
2-new character and new stash (you could use an existing stash but only if you ignore all items previously put in it)
3-solo self found (solo because you would need to have multiple videos from each player's perspective and self found because trading would render a fresh start useless if you can obtain items from another player planned in advance)

that would be it, it doesn't need at all to be a single segment, any character, any build

I'm estimating about 8-10 hours long

of course the amount of planning and practice necessary to make a speedrun for any game is gigantic but I'm just throwing the idea out there, I really wish I could watch a PoE speed run and didn't expect there to be nothing on youtube despite how old the game is
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2016, 9:19:08 AM
LOL

It's called a race and they have happened hundreds of times.
No one does that in PoE because the endgame is maps, not completing all the quests.

FYI racers can get to maps in like 2.5-3 hours.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jun 2, 2016, 12:18:49 AM
"
Qiox wrote:
LOL

a race from scratch to last boss merciless? nope that doesn't exist

races are usually really short segments, I'm talking about a speedrun of an entire game

"
No one does that in PoE because the endgame is maps, not completing all the quests.

FYI racers can get to maps in like 2.5-3 hours.

I'm not talking about endgame, a speedrun is not something normal people do, they are intended to be world records, only very few people attempt them

that would be a "any%" run I guess, still, I would like to see that, are you sure that's from scratch?

found a video on youtube of a guy doing a fresh start to baal hell in Diablo 2 and that took 13 hours (any%)

here's another example but from diablo 3, it's short because he sticks to low difficulty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cB7BvB7fKY
Last edited by Coal48 on Jun 2, 2016, 1:04:38 AM
I dont do it but races, start of new ladder, it s all here already. Sometimes I wonder if ppl making threads play this game.
Git R Dun!
"
Coal48 wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
LOL

a race from scratch to last boss merciless? nope that doesn't exist

races are usually really short segments, I'm talking about a speedrun of an entire game

Races can be 8 minutes.

Races can be "Fastest to kill boss X"

Races can be 3 hours.

Races can be 8 hours.

Races can be 24 hours.

Races can be 1 week.

Races can be 1 month.

And every one of those has happened multiple times and many more not listed.

But if you really got your heart set on your particular thing, to the end of ACT 3 Merc (which is NOT the whole game) then search through Kripp's old VODs because he set that as his goal in an 8 hour race a while back.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I don't do it but races, start of new ladder, it's all here already. Sometimes I wonder if ppl making threads play this game.

It's NOT a race, a race is a competition between players, a speedrun is doing something the fastest possible under certain conditions, there's a difference

I feel like I'm in a hip hop concert trying to explains sweep picking to someone...

none of you have ever seen a tool-assisted speedrun of mario or zelda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSK-6SqTVac

if not then, I'm not sure how I can clarify the difference between a race and a speedrun...

it's not something players are expected to do, it take years usually to make a video, it's not meant to be part of the game in any way, it's rather a demonstration of skill and "perfection", it's about the optimal route, the exact button presses, the precise frame a action must be made

for instance, this diablo 1 speedrun demonstrate how the player controls RNG by doing very precise actions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SasazfBr5_Y

what I'm saying is, there's no video out there of anybody doing a genuine speedrun of PoE

there's this but it's only a practice and it's not even full normal clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID5PVAl036M
there's this but it's only act 1 and it's sped up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIgBfvJ82s
Last edited by Coal48 on Jun 2, 2016, 3:14:42 AM
"
Qiox wrote:
Races can be 8 minutes.

Races can be "Fastest to kill boss X"

Races can be 3 hours.

Races can be 8 hours.

Races can be 24 hours.

Races can be 1 week.

Races can be 1 month.

And every one of those has happened multiple times and many more not listed.

But if you really got your heart set on your particular thing, to the end of ACT 3 Merc (which is NOT the whole game) then search through Kripp's old VODs because he set that as his goal in an 8 hour race a while back.

ah thanks, I'll actually search for that

edit*

nope, he doesn't have any speedruns on his youtube channel
Last edited by Coal48 on Jun 2, 2016, 2:36:15 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont do it but races, start of new ladder, it s all here already. Sometimes I wonder if ppl making threads play this game.

I sometimes wonder if people who think they know what he's talking really knows what he's talking...

Apparently nobody in this topic knows the implications of a speed-run. People usually struggle to come to the maps avoiding some unnecessary quest and bosses. The OP speaks of doing everything without avoiding anything. I have not seen this in PoE...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Coal48 wrote:
nope, he doesn't have any speedruns on his youtube channel

I didn't say check his Youtube videos. I said check is VODs. Those are the replays of his Twitch streams. He streamed the entire race. Just look through all the replays of his streams until you find the right one. It was recorded around 2 or 3 years ago.

Hey I got a great idea. Let's make this a race! You first and then everyone else will try to beat your time.

Go!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info