Content Update 2.3.0 Patch Notes

"
Chaslaw88 wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
- no change to double dipping poison and burning damage
- no nerfs to Cast on Crit and/or Discharge
- no nerfs to Lightning Arrow
- no nerfs to piercing Frostwall mechanics with skills with secondary AoE effect which creats a shotgunning scenario to trivialize endgame content (for example: Kinetic Blast, Lightning Arrow, Iceshot)

GGG sry, but i am disappointed in this decissions and the general direction the game is going in terms of endgame balancing in gerneral. With not ajusting this issue you created the same old boring meta for another 3 months. CoC Discharge is ruling since 1.3 (more than a year ago!!!), LA is ruling since chaos buffs and especially since Ascendancy came out.
You even buffed Elemental Proliferation up to a value where it can be abused. with Slayer you basically can go up to the "old broken eleprolif status" like it was in 1.3 (you can reach the same radius) while doing even more damage than it ever was possible in 1.3 - how you can not recognize that issue?
But the biggest fail of all imho is this: You even buffed poison even more - you where already able to oneshot Ueber Atziri with poison with a Vaal Lightning Trap --> now you won't even need that anymore to do that... i am speechless.

I have never witnessed a balance team which had been so incompetent about such obvious broken stuff in any other online game i have ever played. Why arn't you able to figure this out yourself? Sry, but i don't believe any longer that anyone on your balance team actually plays the game on an endgame level (past lvl 85) except GGG_Neon - you guys over there are completly out of touch what is going on right now!
Why are you not fixing obvivous flaws? One could just think you want to destroy your own game on purpose!

CoC Discharge fix would be so easy; you would not even have to touch the CoC support gem for it - just give Discharge a 1sec cooldown and be done with it! it would fix so much things at the same time. Also discuss about how to adress CoC in the future.

Decouple poison and burning damage from modifiers like projectile damage, trap damage and mine damage. Is this really that much of an effort to do?

Set Frostwall to "cannot be pierced" temporarly for a hotfix for now and discuss with your team how you gonna ajust this problem/inbalance in the future.

I personaly can not understand what actually is hard to do/impossible to do about this justified nerfs. 90% of the ajustments/nerfs released by your balance team over the last half year where just horrible done and lead to the following results:

- first scenario: completly destroying a skill or a mechanic
- second scenario: the nerf doing absolutly nothing/had no effect on the game at all

GGG, you make nobody happy if you are going on with this policy - show us that you really care about the health of your game.

If nothing changes within the next 2 days i can see myself playing prophecy for 1 week maximum - not because the game is not great and i am not excited for the new content; no, it's because of boredom and the overwhelming amount of unbalanced stuff in this game which trivializes content and destroys the fresh economy and ruins the ingame experience over all for a large part of players out there who actually enjoy somthing called "challange".

100 % agree
Theres no balance team here... Financial whales that play that builds run this game. Look at MELEE condition at this moment... so sad

Cry harder. It doesn't affect you if you don't play the OP build. I don't, and I'm having just as much fun.

The fact that people get so butthurt over players being clever enough to make very high-powered builds is what's sad. I don't play them because they become so mainstream, but I'm not about to ruin other peoples' fun because I think something is too mainstream. :P
WAIT ! .. Is this patch just a new league, or the changes will apply to the Standard as well ?
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Half my toons already had Merciless Ascendancy done. How do I get this "shared" among my other toons now? I just re-ran a normal Trial to see if that would change anything, it has not. How do I force this "sharing", GGG?
How can I get the 2 left points in Ascendancy Tree in standard?
Error: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data) while downloading http:/patch607.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/2.3.0.1/Metadata/Characters/Dex/Dex.aoc

Please fix this quick? I can't download the update!
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Last edited by Raghin on Jun 3, 2016, 5:40:33 PM
Hahaha voltaxic spark still reflect immune and still opieop map clearspeed,thx GGG!
Well I have to say thanks for the changes - performance has gone from spiking and dropping to single digit fps in some zones to a solid 60 across all content! TY GGG
In patch notes we read:

"Completing a Trial rewards you with an Offering to the Goddess item."

Why in 6 peoples game just host get Offering to the Goddess item ??? What about other 5? They too completing trial.
GGG:

Once again excellently written and elucidated patch notes. You are clearly trying to
convey the nature and consequences of the patch in an organized and efficient format.

The patch notes are a shining example of technical writing.

Whats in the patch notes? looks great. you've been on it. You got this.
the old burning complaints are always at the back of your minds and today
you have addressed more of them! not some... more. Because in spite of the
sweeping consequences to engine design of those old burning complaints,
you are not stopped in your tracks. FORWARD!

We could not have this level of dedication from GGG without the financing
of the community.

GGG takes your support seriously. Their game is to turn that support into
an avalanche through sincerity of purpose and directives.

You can get well compensated by doing "the right thing." it just takes work.

GGG can do the work.

Hats off for striving against the limits and impositions of your engine GGG.,
and for sincerely working towards consensus goals within the community.

"
AgnosiousD wrote:
GGG:

Once again excellently written and elucidated patch notes. You are clearly trying to
convey the nature and consequences of the patch in an organized and efficient format.

The patch notes are a shining example of technical writing.

Whats in the patch notes? looks great. you've been on it. You got this.
the old burning complaints are always at the back of your minds and today
you have addressed more of them! not some... more. Because in spite of the
sweeping consequences to engine design of those old burning complaints,
you are not stopped in your tracks. FORWARD!

We could not have this level of dedication from GGG without the financing
of the community.

GGG takes your support seriously. Their game is to turn that support into
an avalanche through sincerity of purpose and directives.

You can get well compensated by doing "the right thing." it just takes work.

GGG can do the work.

Hats off for striving against the limits and impositions of your engine GGG.,
and for sincerely working towards consensus goals within the community.

Well said Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info