[2.3] CI CoE Kinetic Blast Inquisitor - TheoryCraft

Hello guys,

I wanted to share my latest buildidea for the upcoming 2.3 Prophecy league.

I always loved the idea of wanding, especially as I heard that frostwall interaction with kinetic blast will not be changes - awesome!

Why Inquisitor?

> Use inquisitor for ignoring elemental resistances of enimies (normal + cruel lab)
> Get "instruments of virtue" for a huge damage boost due to CoE. Especially helpfull in bossfights, as we use frostwall (a spell!) to give us all benefits - nice (merciless lab)
> "Augury of penitance" as final boost, also less vunerable to reflect. (Map lab)

Basic ideas, shortly summed up

> Usage of CoE for spell damage boost
> Usage of CI until I get my hands on skyforth for LL (prismguardian than, Anger Haste HoT added
> Use KB + Frostwall to trivialize bossfights (100% pierce, from gem & tree)
> Links: KB > WED > GMP > IncCriticalStrikes > Pierce > Added Lightning damage (that order of priority
> Charge generation: We use dualcurse. HoI > Curse on hit > Asssassinsmark > Poachers marks I will try to get the dualcurse on an amulet, if I cant get that I can just use windscream / doedre's for the beginning. With skyforth Assassinsmark is no longer needed than
> ManaLeech & Lifeleech - we use Vinktars. Due to poachers mark, easy upkeep.
> Bossfights: Vaal Clarity > Vaal Clarity > Vaal Haste > Inc Duration for save mana upkeep.
> Crit: Like 200% from tree, 100% increased when I hit enemies for first time (templar ascendancy) + Diamond flask till powercharges are up. Than its no longer a problem

Bandits: Passive > Attackspeed > Power charge

How this guy wants to level:
Until I get my hands on a CoE + vinktars, I will just use smth like arc + elemental overload + orb of storms.

Level 69 (89 points spent) tree, before transition to wander

Feel free to share any ideas you have, I appreciate any input you guys can give me. Its my first selfmade tree and for now just a draft, feel free to comment!

Best regards
Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on May 31, 2016, 6:36:59 AM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2016, 12:38:31 PM
Up - seeking for opinions
This is what i'm going for in the new league, but CI as a first character in a fresh economy must hurt:) so ill go life based.
"
maddoxeu wrote:
This is what i'm going for in the new league, but CI as a first character in a fresh economy must hurt:) so ill go life based.

Yep true.

I found an awesome guide by here (credits to the maker!)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667235

I will use this, later on get lowlife directly from lifebased. Not sure if I can ever afford it, we will see.

But this one is lifebased, leech comes from tree, solid damage & its definetly useable for leveling too (prolly as sparker)
That guide did help me,thanks.
deadeye ranger gives 100% more dmg
can you beat that with inquisitor? considering that you waste 2-3 +10nodes if you use coe and 5-6 if you dont use coe
you also auto-penetrate yourself 10% res on non crit strikes vs reflect

but that's not everything, deadeye ranger with 1 additional projectile and 20% radius clears even better than templar, if templar gives 100% more dmg then deadeye is still superior
"
can you beat that with inquisitor? considering that you waste 2-3 +10nodes if you use coe and 5-6 if you dont use coe

but that's not everything, deadeye ranger with 1 additional projectile and 20% radius clears even better than templar, if templar gives 100% more dmg then deadeye is still superior

Hm okay, but a ranger can not make the transition into lowlife later on, can he? And I still think ignoring resistances on critical strikes is far superior

Edit: arent the "ignoring resistances" are more Multiplier, basically? I always crit and even get a crit multi from templar, plus the increased Damage from casting frostwall.
Last edited by Barn3y_Gumble on Jun 1, 2016, 2:33:31 PM
"
Barn3y_Gumble wrote:
"

Hm okay, but a ranger can not make the transition into lowlife later on, can he? And I still think ignoring resistances on critical strikes is far superior

Edit: arent the "ignoring resistances" are more Multiplier, basically? I always crit and even get a crit multi from templar, plus the increased Damage from casting frostwall.

ignore resist is like 30% more dmg and 40-50% more dmg in maps with 60-75 resist

templar:
40%ele dmg
4%attack speed
30% multi
20%attack speed and 50%inc dmg after frost wall
16% more dmg
ignore resist = lets say 40% more dmg average, map bosses have 30%resist so 30% more dmg to them http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Ambrius%2C+Legion+Slayer

the result is probably 80-90% more dmg

ranger:
40%projectile dmg
20%crit
20%accuracy
powerfull precision 100%crit 100%pierce ( let's consider is 30%+30% so 10-15% more dmg )
25%bleed 40% multi 80%crit (always vs boss, probably 25% more dmg )
farshot up to 30% more dmg, lets say 20% more dmg
+1 projectile and 20% area radius let's say 20% more and 10% more dmg

the result is probably about 100% more dmg BUT WITH a much higher area of effect than templar

and you have to add 2-3 +10 nodes that you waste with templar... so instead of 10-20% more dmg of difference it's like 20-25% more dps difference

"
"
Barn3y_Gumble wrote:
"

ignore resist is like 30% more dmg and 40-50% more dmg in maps with 60-75 resist

templar:
40%ele dmg
4%attack speed
30% multi
16% more dmg
ignore resist = lets say 40% more dmg average, map bosses have 30%resist so 30% more dmg to them http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Ambrius%2C+Legion+Slayer

ranger:
40%projectile dmg
20%crit
20%accuracy
powerfull precision 100%crit 100%pierce ( let's consider is 30%+30% so 10-15% more dmg )

the result is probably about 100% more dmg BUT WITH a much higher area of effect than templar

and you have to add 2-3 +10 nodes that you waste with templar... so instead of 10-20% more dmg of difference it's like 20-25% more dps difference

Okay, thats detailed an I see the point.

But still - I do not know how powerfull precision really works. Assuming I shoot 1 screen far with ky KB, and Have the pierce cluster allocated in tree, that is 60%.

How much of this pierce from powerfull precision is left after 1 screen traveling? Still sufficient to grant kb a 100% pierce??
"
"
Barn3y_Gumble wrote:
"

templar:
40%ele dmg
4%attack speed
30% multi
16% more dmg

ranger:
40%projectile dmg
20%crit
20%accuracy

yea no, on higher tier 12+ maps bosses have more than 100% res which makes inevitable judgement far more superior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info