2.3 Selfcast Discharge Burn Prolif - Juggernaught

Hey looking into this but running dual curse as warlords should suffice with mana also not using searing and running ROTP to replace dropping the purity of fire with ROTP and a ruby flask should really be able to survive hitting most rares, this is a link to the tree poeurl.com/Ey1 leme know what you think.
"
DatHillside wrote:
Hey looking into this but running dual curse as warlords should suffice with mana also not using searing and running ROTP to replace dropping the purity of fire with ROTP and a ruby flask should really be able to survive hitting most rares, this is a link to the tree poeurl.com/Ey1 leme know what you think.

You lose so much armor with your tree and don't even have the points to pick up jewel sockets, which are super strong! Sure you can make double curse work but I would rather have the life, armor & resistance from my Version.

Also your Tree focuses only on the initial hit and not burn prolif which is a key aspect of this build.
hmm I was thinking if changing fire pen or elemental prolif for increased burning damage wouldn't be more beneficial. Did you try the build on current patch ? As for why I think ele prolif might not be as usefull is because you will be able to cast 8-10 charge discharge which should already kill a pack and if not you will be at max end charges after 1 cast anyway. The only thing that might limit discharge spam is only the mana cost I feel.

Also I was doing some calculations for fun if after a little modification your build could also run RF and it's pretty hard to do it :D we would have to use 2 kaom's signs (buffed with prophecy thing) and the life regen per end charge would have to be pretty big but it is not impossible even with searing (but it would most likely not be opitmal though :P)
Last edited by kefif on Jun 1, 2016, 3:10:55 PM
"
kefif wrote:
hmm I was thinking if changing fire pen or elemental prolif for increased burning damage wouldn't be more beneficial. Did you try the build on current patch ? As for why I think ele prolif might not be as usefull is because you will be able to cast 8-10 charge discharge which should already kill a pack and if not you will be at max end charges after 1 cast anyway. The only thing that might limit discharge spam is only the mana cost I feel.

Also I was doing some calculations for fun if after a little modification your build could also run RF and it's pretty hard to do it :D we would have to use 2 kaom's signs (buffed with prophecy thing) and the life regen per end charge would have to be pretty big but it is not impossible even with searing (but it would most likely not be opitmal though :P)

Not only is the mana cost super high but your cast speed will be pretty low. We cant afford to get the witch or scion AoE nodes so we have Prolif to get some more reach (also helpful when enemies take a little to get out of the ground). I tried it with an old templar I had. But I didnt have leveled gems & the right gear so it wasnt that great.

Yeah I tried pretty hard to make RF work but it just doesnt fit even when we have some great Regen nodes that we dont even need to travel too but its just not enough/ to much of an investment to get going. Maybe when I have enough respec points in the lategame I will try some more stuff out but it isnt likely.
I'm probably going to run a very similiar build so if I find something im gonna share it in here too :P I'm really curious about the best link setup so I will mess around a lot with it.
how do you think this will work as a 1st build in the new HC league? Will i just rip to some random reflect mob?

got bored hc trash + all your life nodes

7178 life shitty resi lvl 85

didnt test playstyle will be the same like the kripp charger
getting overcapped resi seems to be a real problem here btw i dont think momentum is mandatory

could swear i had repentance somewhere Oo

edit : have to admit its fun
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 1, 2016, 7:28:24 PM
"
Sneakyjones wrote:
how do you think this will work as a 1st build in the new HC league? Will i just rip to some random reflect mob?

Not if you are careful, always have a Ruby Flask up and you might be able to survive with all the maxres we get. Should be super easy to get going in the start of the league only real hard thing will be to get a Kaom's Heart the rest is super cheap.

"
ventiman wrote:

got bored hc trash + all your life nodes

7178 life shitty resi lvl 85

didnt test playstyle will be the same like the kripp charger
getting overcapped resi seems to be a real problem here btw i dont think momentum is mandatory

could swear i had repentance somewhere Oo

edit : have to admit its fun

Say do the 7.1k include jewels or not?
Last edited by TheBreadbird on Jun 1, 2016, 10:51:38 PM
Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark (kill) are the only two ways to generate charges?
Just want to make sure I didn't miss something here.
Thanks
"
babalian wrote:
Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark (kill) are the only two ways to generate charges?
Just want to make sure I didn't miss something here.
Thanks

You also have a 20% chance to gain charges when you are hit from the Unflinching node.
Last edited by TheBreadbird on Jun 1, 2016, 11:42:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info