[2.3] Clonemancer: One For All, All For One (Uber Viable, Millions of DPS)

For the Necro/life version think "Spirit Offering: Consumes a corpse, granting energy shield, extra chaos damage and elemental resistances to your minions. The new energy shield is recovered as it's granted. The skill consumes other nearby corpses, increasing the duration and amount of energy shield granted for each corpse consumed." Is a good news, or not?
Very nice build!

I've been playing mirror arrow for a long long time and love it but your zero duration approach is the most creative I've seen so far. Will be hard to keep this unchanged after 2.3 cluster trap nerf but please keep updating your insights

But I think you terribly lack aoe. One way to fix it would be taking off totem from 6link and using 6L blink arrow GMP trap. This way you would be able to spam traps

Another thing I would like to suggest is using point blank instead of minion dmg support (or another gem you can spare) on the hard boss situation. I find point blank to be way stronger than minion dmg against bosses if you can cast them very close, I'm not sure why but it is.

Edit: also, I don't get why you don't use elemental equilibrium. It's freaking awesome and your build is already set for it (you just need to add cold dmg in your ring).

Good job, if you find the cluster trap nerf to not be so bad, I think I'll try your playstyle cuz it's awesome

Edit 2: looking at your setup I can figure you got more potential doing pure elemental dmg than poison (you got no 164% increased duration, no added chaos gem that double the dmg of lioneye poison) cuz low life can reach higher aura effectiveness. Have you tried pure ele using empowered anger/wrath and chain?
Last edited by marcosyy87 on Jun 3, 2016, 2:14:37 PM
"
marcosyy87 wrote:
Very nice build!

I've been playing mirror arrow for a long long time and love it but your zero duration approach is the most creative I've seen so far. Will be hard to keep this unchanged after 2.3 cluster trap nerf but please keep updating your insights

But I think you terribly lack aoe. One way to fix it would be taking off totem from 6link and using 6L blink arrow GMP trap. This way you would be able to spam traps

Another thing I would like to suggest is using point blank instead of minion dmg support (or another gem you can spare) on the hard boss situation. I find point blank to be way stronger than minion dmg against bosses if you can cast them very close, I'm not sure why but it is.

Edit: also, I don't get why you don't use elemental equilibrium. It's freaking awesome and your build is already set for it (you just need to add cold dmg in your ring).

Good job, if you find the cluster trap nerf to not be so bad, I think I'll try your playstyle cuz it's awesome

Edit 2: looking at your setup I can figure you got more potential doing pure elemental dmg than poison (you got no 164% increased duration, no added chaos gem that double the dmg of lioneye poison) cuz low life can reach higher aura effectiveness. Have you tried pure ele using empowered anger/wrath and chain?

1. I have no problems with clearing trash. For me I do more damage with a 6 linked wither totem than a 6 linked blink (this can especially be seen on boss fights).

2. I haven't tried pointblank for one reason, and that's when clearing maps the minions will be far away from their targets. In most cases killing them offscreen. It's not easy to swap it out either because the minion gem is blue and pointblank is green. However, on a stationary boss it may do more damage due to the increased damage modifier. On moving targets i'd argue it does less damage than the minion gem. Unless there is some sort of bug with the gem that gives the minions OP damage.

3. I don't use elemental equilibrium because it does not work with my setup, it will actually gimp the damage. If you look at the links you will notice that one of the damage auras is actually supporting both the minions and myself. Using EE in this case will cause me to trigger EE with that damage aura and thus gimping the minions from doing damage of that same element.

4. Based on my testing the elemental version of the build is lacking in damage against bosses (especially Uber Atziri). I find poison to be very effective and turned out to kill uber much faster due to the synergy of Temporal chains (increases the duration of poison by a lot!) + wither totem (increases chaos damage/poison and it stacks) + -20 chaos resistance from Occultist.

The point of the build is not just to clear maps, but also to kill the hardest bosses effectively. Reaching a balance between both is my focus. If i wanted to clear maps as fast as possible, i can certainly make changes to achieve that but in the end it will not be as viable for Uber runs.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 3, 2016, 10:24:03 PM
Boku no Hero Academia
Would the tree change much for an elemental version?

Is it possible you could post some alternative gem setups as well?

I'm not sure besides what you posted would add more clear speed / damage (GMP & Chain?)
What about bandits?
New unique, possibly good for this build?

which of the support gems would you drop, if you only have a 5L bow and 5L armor?
I play a clonetrapper build too, with 2 five links (added chaos and poison) and the Cluster trap Nerf is really hard.

5 Link is really weak now. :-(

The bow would be very good for a non trap build
"

1. I have no problems with clearing trash. For me I do more damage with a 6 linked wither totem than a 6 linked blink (this can especially be seen on boss fights).

2. I haven't tried pointblank for one reason, and that's when clearing maps the minions will be far away from their targets. In most cases killing them offscreen. It's not easy to swap it out either because the minion gem is blue and pointblank is green. However, on a stationary boss it may do more damage due to the increased damage modifier. On moving targets i'd argue it does less damage than the minion gem. Unless there is some sort of bug with the gem that gives the minions OP damage.

3. I don't use elemental equilibrium because it does not work with my setup, it will actually gimp the damage. If you look at the links you will notice that one of the damage auras is actually supporting both the minions and myself. Using EE in this case will cause me to trigger EE with that damage aura and thus gimping the minions from doing damage of that same element.

4. Based on my testing the elemental version of the build is lacking in damage against bosses (especially Uber Atziri). I find poison to be very effective and turned out to kill uber much faster due to the synergy of Temporal chains (increases the duration of poison by a lot!) + wither totem (increases chaos damage/poison and it stacks) + -20 chaos resistance from Occultist.

The point of the build is not just to clear maps, but also to kill the hardest bosses effectively. Reaching a balance between both is my focus. If i wanted to clear maps as fast as possible, i can certainly make changes to achieve that but in the end it will not be as viable for Uber runs.

Hey, thanks for replying. I see, if your point is boss killing only, its great setup. They die very fast with any poison anyway.

You really would be much stronger with equlibrium. Using wrath+anger+generosity together are no big deal. But this would require a free link for bow skill as well

Yeah, point blank is only good against t15 bosses. It's actually a loss against mobs. I usually put it in GMP place

I did some testings and found cluster trap to be still strong in this patch. Is this correct? I thought it would be greatly reducing minions dmg after changes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info