[2.3] Juggernaut Self Cast Burning Discharge

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out all the details for this self cast discharge build. Glad to hear your opinions particularly regarding item choices and gem links.

For those who are new to this, essentially Juggernaut now has an Ascendancy node that makes it such that when you gain any number of endurance charges, you gain the max number of endurance charges.

Build uses Warlord's Mark, Enduring Cry and Doedre's Elixir to maintain max Endurance Charges, so you can blow the fuck up as you please.

Chest (Kingsguard, BBBBBR):
Discharge - Elemental Proliferation - Fire Penetration - Increased AoE - Controlled Destruction - Chance to Ignite

Helmet (Doedre's Scorn OR Heretic's Veil OR Rare Armour Helm, BBRR):
Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark + (Flammability) + Purity of Fire

Ring - Possibly 1 Doedre's Damning + Fated Kaom's Sign OR Fated Kaom's Sign x2

Amulet - Rare Amulet

Armour Gloves (RG??):
Golem of Choice + Enduring Cry + Vaal Haste + Open Slot

Weapon (Doryani's Catalyst, RRG):
Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Fortify

Shield (Rise of the Phoenix, BBB):
Ice Nova - Faster Casting - Inc. AOE
OR
Righteous Fire Setup

Boots (RRRG):
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Blade Vortex

Potions (WIP and Open to Suggestions)
Basalt, Doedre's Elixir x2, Life Pot, Speed Pot
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 30, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2016, 3:53:09 PM
Hey!

I probably gonna try burning discharge too this league, so here are my thougts:

Passive tree:

Most of the pathing looks fine. But I wonder about the importance of endurance charges. As the amount of charges defines your base damage and your defence I would say get the max out of the tree. So we would have to travel in the duelist area. We would have to cut the witch area.

How do you activate elemental overload? Its a nice damage multiplier but I see no convinient way to proc it reliably.

Elemental Equilibrium procing with CWDT Ice Nova isnt a very good idea. I would proc it with the following: Shield charge (has AOE now) - Fortify - Endurance charge on melee stun - Stun, when you have cold or lightning damage on for example gloves or rings, the charge would proc EE.

I wonder wether you can sustain the mana cost without any mana reg.

Gear:

When we take Rise of the phoenix it would be cool to get RF for more damage! Our life reg should be enough ;)

You didnt mention how you`re planing to get the second and third curse. Amu vaaling? Doedre Ring? We are really tanky so I think we only need Warlords and Flammability.

With Blooddance boots we could get some frenzy charges too -> more damage. Or we could run Blood Rage which doesnt degen hard because of our end charges. There is a extra frenzy charge in the duelist area.

Gems:

I dont know. Do we need chance to ignite? Flammability plus some other chance sources together with ele prolif should be enough? AOE, Prolif and Penetration are set in stone I think. What about controlled destruction? Incr burning damge good? Or would it be better to get more initial damage?

Cheers
Skip

Last edited by Skip511 on May 28, 2016, 8:32:30 AM
Sup man.

I'm inclined to agree with you that max endurance charges are the way to go.

Overload and EE should be easy to activate. Currently thinking about Orb of Storms - Increased Crit. Leap Slam should be able to proc it too if there is elemental damage on gloves or ammy.

Mana regen might be an issue yes. Should be solved 99% of the time from Warlord's Mark, but curse immune maps would be troublesome.

RF is certainly an idea to explore.

On double or triple curse, I'm still thinking whether or not it's necessary. Thoughts?

If we do Frenzy Charges we gotta drop Elemental Equilibrium. Probably not worth the small amount of damage the Frenzy Charges give.

Controlled Destruction is always good yeah since this isn't a crit build. Chance To Ignite I'm thinking is necessary just to ensure the Discharge one-shots everything through Prolif. Much bigger issue with bosses, who you will rely on Prolifing to kill.

Jar of Worms might be good for that scenario.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 29, 2016, 5:48:39 AM
Slight bump, updated skill links and added a lot of details.

Currently thinking whether to run Righteous Fire, as the build seems to be best with hybrid gear.
im going to use blood rage for frenzys and then convert them to fire damage with pyre ring
Frenzy Charge is %4 more damage + 4% AS + Cannon fodder for discharge.

Thise map mods may give some problems
Curse immume
Single target , somethimes.
80% fire resist
Mana sustain
Reflect

Elemental Overload can be maintained with blade vortex. can just put it in with cwdt-immortal call-duration and put vaal haste somewhere else maybe.
I really like the idea of RF, but I don't think you're going to have enough regen to sustain it in any of these trees.

You'll need about 12% life regen or so in order to maintain.
Last edited by SmashingDungeons on May 29, 2016, 11:33:37 AM
Agreed, RF is probably not the way to go for this build. I don't think damage is going to be a problem for this build.

Single target wise, this build can easily burst 3 full endurance charge discharges with 2 Doedre's Elixir.

Good idea on Blade Vortex Jacob.

Curse Immune may be a problem yeah, but self cast Enduring Cry + more Doedre's Elixir and a mana pot should make this work.

Reflect shouldn't be a problem if you play carefully and have Rise of the Phoenix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info