Level 8 Masters in Hideout

Yes, I'm posting this AGAIN. I will keep posting it until either GGG says it will not happen or they make it happen.

Let us have 4 masters PLUS any level 8 masters in the hideout at the same time. Level 8 masters should not count against the master slots. Only level 1-7 masters should. Everyone in the game agrees (at least, I've never had anyone NOT agree) so GGG, let's make this happen. Or at least tell us why it's not possible or why you think it's a bad idea. I mean, how many GGG employees have spent time leveling masters to 8 and have to shuffle them around for dailies. If they did there is no doubt they'd realize it totally sucks and is just unfun.

POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 3:44:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Rumor has it they haven't implemented this because they want to force people to spend time in town, showing and seeing microtransactions.

That's a REALLY cynical theory, but if true would explain why they won't go on record saying why it hasn't been done--because they would be embarrassed to admit the reason (and with good reason!).
Wash your hands, Exile!
Maybe add a master hall or something where everyone can see each other and any level 8 master the player has achieved?
"
adzang wrote:
Maybe add a master hall or something where everyone can see each other and any level 8 master the player has achieved?

I'd go for anything that doesn't require multiple trips to town just to swap masters in and out. It's just fucking stupid. It's always been stupid. It's one of the most annoying things about this game to me and I've been playing for a long time. All of the other shit I deal with but this just puts my panties in a twist. Fucking fix it already. Pretty please.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
+1
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
+1

Every time I talk about this in game with people they're all over it. There is no legit reason for this to work the way it does and yet when I create posts only a few people respond. Are we few really the only ones willing to be vocal about it? This is something that is a pure QOL improvement that certainly can't be very difficult to implement so wtf? Speak up people!
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
+1

Every time I talk about this in game with people they're all over it. There is no legit reason for this to work the way it does and yet when I create posts only a few people respond. Are we few really the only ones willing to be vocal about it? This is something that is a pure QOL improvement that certainly can't be very difficult to implement so wtf? Speak up people!

Or: This suggestion has been made literally dozens and dozens of times since the first players got all masters to level 8. GGG have already said that they are aware that it's an issue and understand that most people think it's annoying. But it's obviously not very high on the priority list and, if I remember correctly, there are some actual technical/coding problems.

Edit: last sort of official reply from about six months ago (that I'm aware of)

"
Chris wrote:
[...] that feature currently isn't intended for 2.1.0 but I'll bring it up with the guys as a discussion point. I understand it's frustrating. There's a bit more backstory to this though, so it's not as simple as just changing it. Well maybe it is, we'll see.

Source

And the full thread

But at least there's hope :-D
Last edited by Alysma on May 29, 2016, 1:30:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info