Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Lore Question - Where did the exiles come from

So I just read all the wiki had to say about PoE's lore but the one thing that really bothers me is where did the damn exiles come from, if there is another continent or whatever. Of course, i may just have missed it :)

One idea I had is they were exiled from Oreath where currently the templar order supposedly comes from and it has a certain civilization heavily influenced by fanatism of the order or something like that, but why would they be exiled onto a continent which they're expanding to (blackguard soldiers, Piety, Dominus, Gravicius etc.)? And also, Oreath is just very small compared to whole Wraeclast

So does that mean there is another continent which has some non-broken civilization?
I just don't get it, so I'd be grateful if someone explained it to me :D
-Disagreeing with decisions doesn't mean one can't support the game.-
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 2:27:46 AM
"
Kilqax wrote:
So I just read all the wiki had to say about PoE's lore but the one thing that really bothers me is where did the damn exiles come from, if there is another continent or whatever. Of course, i may just have missed it :)

One idea I had is they were exiled from Oreath where currently the templar order supposedly comes from and it has a certain civilization heavily influenced by fanatism of the order or something like that, but why would they be exiled onto a continent which they're expanding to (blackguard soldiers, Piety, Dominus, Gravicius etc.)? And also, Oreath is just very small compared to whole Wraeclast

So does that mean there is another continent which has some non-broken civilization?

Honestly I don't follow the lore at all, but from the wiki:

"
Modern Times (c. 1600 IC)[105]
In the modern age, Wraeclast bears no civilisation[106], just a few disorganised descendants of the Empire[107] and undead[108]. It also bears a number of people from Oriath. Some were shipwrecked[109], but many were exiled for crimes[110] minor[111] or major[112].

Considering your exile is in a ship on the loading screen (maybe as a slave, maybe not). And lands on the shipwrecked shore I guess its hard to say why exactly you were on the ship. The implication is you are from Oriath though.
Last edited by foolishwtz on May 27, 2016, 4:02:41 PM
"
Google wrote:
ex·ile
ˈeɡˌzīl,ˈekˌsīl/
noun
the state of being barred from one's native country, typically for political or punitive reasons.

We know you are exiled, kicked out from Oriath.
IF you read/listen to the origin stories for each character, it tells you more. Same if you listen to their voice lines while you level.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
Last edited by Aethroz on May 27, 2016, 4:38:20 PM
"
foolishwtz wrote:
The implication is you are from Oriath though.

Is it? I always thought it was an unnamed, undisclosed continent.
"
innervation wrote:
"
foolishwtz wrote:
The implication is you are from Oriath though.

Is it? I always thought it was an unnamed, undisclosed continent.

Scion and Shadow both have voice lines stating they come from Oriath/Theopolis.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
There is 3 continents in the world, Google poe map I guess..I know we got maps in closed beta that showed the whole world
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
Last edited by creampuffed4u on May 27, 2016, 5:28:14 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if one day (act 7 maybe?) we go back to Oriath to kick some corrupt order butts?
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

"
Kilqax wrote:

It's alluded to in voice lines and the intro screen ship scene that you're prisoners for one reason or another from Oriath, then your ship wrecks on wraeclast where you talk to the other survivor before he's eaten by a zombie
"
XSyntheticX wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool if one day (act 7 maybe?) we go back to Oriath to kick some corrupt order butts?

Ohhhh yeah!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The big question related to exiles is.. why the fuck are they not hitting the monsters around them ?
Are they somehow affliated to skellies / bears / big worms / undeads / brainwashed guards / whatever.

I just don't get it.
Why are they just standing with craploads of monsters around them unarmed.
Did they desynced ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info