When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

Easy way to fix the lab....

Remove the trials and remove the 1 death bull shit.
"
spawn10459 wrote:

Idea like that, what about keeping the trials but they arent mandatory to access lab, Trials now have a function of giving you 1 more try

ie: you have 4 trials completes, you can die and respawn 4 times in the lab without having it reset
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
and it still sucks

You necroed your year old thread. Shame on you. :-P

As for the results as of this post, 1,264 are ok with the lab, and 1,416 are not (47% to 53%). No massive majority even among the minority of players who read and post here. The worst part of trying to poll players here is that people who don't care either way typically won't bother voting on it, and those who hate it make it a point to search for threads and be vocal about it on the forums.

So yeah, even a year later this poll proves absolutely nothing.

GGG is avoiding giving into the 'squeaky wheel' of the haters. Just because you guys and gals make threads, complain about the lab, and put up polls about it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other players who don't visit the forums or reddit agree with you.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 16, 2017, 10:10:50 AM
It's a good sample size for a poll. The percentages would remain roughly the same if all players were polled.

A far, far cry from the "vocal minority" claimed by the CEO.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
spawn10459 wrote:

Idea like that, what about keeping the trials but they arent mandatory to access lab, Trials now have a function of giving you 1 more try

ie: you have 4 trials completes, you can die and respawn 4 times in the lab without having it reset

not a bad idea. Sadly GGG will never listen to you or I.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
and it still sucks

As for the results as of this post, 1,264 are ok with the lab, and 1,416 are not (47% to 53%). No massive majority even among the minority of players who read and post here. The worst part of trying to poll players here is that people who don't care either way typically won't bother voting on it, and those who hate it make it a point to search for threads and be vocal about it on the forums.

GGG is avoiding giving into the 'squeaky wheel' of the haters. Just because you guys and gals make threads, complain about the lab, and put up polls about it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other players who don't visit the forums or reddit agree with you.

As someone just mentioned here, the sample size is not too bad for a poll. And I really like how you twist the percentages here. I can also go ahead and claim that only 22% of people actually like lab. So if lab gets axed, only 22% of people would be upset, and 53% would be happy. Neutrals are not affected either way because they don't care.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
and it still sucks

As someone just mentioned here, the sample size is not too bad for a poll. And I really like how you twist the percentages here. I can also go ahead and claim that only 22% of people actually like lab. So if lab gets axed, only 22% of people would be upset, and 53% would be happy. Neutrals are not affected either way because they don't care.

OR lets remove the neutrals from this problem

Deleting the lab would increase happiness by 31%.

53% hate - 22% like = 31% increase in happiness. while 69% of the player base is unchanged by the deleting of the lab.

Seems like a no brainier to me
Last edited by spawn10459 on Jun 16, 2017, 10:29:43 AM
Is there a way they could implement some sort of poll into the game? Like as soon as you log in (once per account) you get a pop up with four options:

How do you feel about the Labyrinth? Love it - Neutral - Hate it - Abstain.

Then you would have your sample size.

I dunno. I simply cannot accept that the average player of PoE supports the lab playstyle and ascendancy gating. The disparity between running through the acts and then playing hardcore dodge the traps is just too great.
"
It's a good sample size for a poll. The percentages would remain roughly the same if all players were polled.

A far, far cry from the "vocal minority" claimed by the CEO.

Sample size means nothing when you are polling from a biased population.
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info