When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10311205If GGG and Chris are so sure of what they imply, why dont they ask that same question to their players

there is no shame asking people what they think of your work

what i think GGG is actually down is be like if Justin Beiber said " People like my music, look i got 1.3 billions views on "Baby"" But completely ignore the fact that the like/dislike factor is at 60% dislike.

It's pretty straight forward.

They don't need to run silly highly inaccurate polls because they can see the engagement with the area.
lol you completly ignore what i just said

Looking at Lab runs numbers is a much more biased way to gage lab's likeliness

A dude that runs the lab 10 times a days can still hate it, why is he running it? because he's forced to run it because of quests and Enchantments. Those 2 things biase the run# aspect.

Plus, Numbers cannot tell you how people feel about something, some people go to work 300 days per year and yet still hate it.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Ratedetar wrote:
Get every single player who plays this game to vote. Then I will take you seriously. Maybe.
as i said, i would tip my hat to GGG if they had the guts to do such poll with their players

Asking what people think of your work is quite fine
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
if we get like 1000 voters and 90% of people love it, i assume itsfine to project that 90% of the whole playerbase like it

And you would be wrong to do that.

When you ignore the basic principles of polling your results are always going to be meaningless. You can hope and wish and want and pretend, but it won't convince reality that it should agree with you.
Less than half of accounts get past Normal Brutus. The Labirynth is after Normal Brutus. Therefore, Lab experiencers are a minority. Therefore, your poll is shit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 25, 2016, 11:57:16 PM
He is very right.

Most players probably do not have a strong opinion of it. Most players do not have a strong opinion about much.
I've been playing PoE a long time, I like the lab. I'd run it more if I had a more flexible schedule. The only thing I don't like about it is that some layouts are notably more tedious than others.
Last edited by Septile on May 26, 2016, 12:21:18 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10311205If GGG and Chris are so sure of what they imply, why dont they ask that same question to their players

what i think GGG is actually down is be like if Justin Beiber said " People like my music, look i got 1.3 billions views on "Baby"" But completely ignore the fact that the like/dislike factor is at 60% dislike.
They know how large the minority is. What they need to consider is how much it is hated by those that hate it. Say what you like but you really can't skip it.
*plays 'vocal minority' card*

RIP thread
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

It's pretty straight forward.

They don't need to run silly highly inaccurate polls because they can see the engagement with the area.
lol you completly ignore what i just said

Looking at Lab runs numbers is a much more biased way to gage lab's likeliness

A dude that runs the lab 10 times a days can still hate it, why is he running it? because he's forced to run it because of quests and Enchantments. Those 2 things biase the run# aspect.

Plus, Numbers cannot tell you how people feel about something, some people go to work 300 days per year and yet still hate it.

I was about to say the same thing. I run the lab, I don't exactly enjoy it. My experience degraded to the point that I specifically ran it on days absent of golden doors. After that I just stopped doing the lab altogether. Why run the lab if I don't enjoy it? For achievements, ascendancy points and enchants. But the experience deteriorates into a negative/boring one rather quickly.

Obviously the data/metrics will show that lots of people run the lab, but it won't tell you how enjoyable it is for the individuals.
Last edited by Menacetech on May 26, 2016, 12:45:28 AM
I don't have a single guildmate or acquaintance who says they like the lab or runs it unless absolutely necessary but, well, I guess we're just part of the vocal minority :3

It's such a 'pleasant' experience, I didn't even get enchants on the gear of my last few characters.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info