HACKED, See if GGG cares. Read Bellow (Long)

Sorry if this ends up long, I no longer have a game to play, and must vent here. Maybe this is more for me then you, with that said, there will be a TL;DR at the bottom.

So I have been a gamer since Atari (And before, I played PONG on my 13 channel TV back in the day (Yes, U was a channel ). I am 43, with 23 years in the ARMY and now work in Law Enforcement, so I have a unique perspective on Theft ect....

I Ran a BBS back in the day. Played the Original Diablo when I would LAN line in with my friend on the phone as we cleared the Dungeon and I would wake up with a stiff neck. I played Ultima Online > EQ > DaOc > Wow > D3 and landed at Beta with POE.

Im a smart Gamer these days. My gaming machine is well protected with top end virus protection and is used ONLY for gaming. I don't visit RMT sites or any other thing GGG said is the probable cause. NO one and I mean NO ONE has access to my account.

Today I logged into my PoE account and was not even prompted with the (Hey, we don't know this IP email check). But when I got in the Nightmare begins. I would call myself casual. I have a Family and a 40 hour a week job (Sometimes 60 hours ). I cherish my gaming time, and it’s a special treat when I do get some ME time I cherish it. My whole life its gaming that Empties my cup. PoE is a great game for this, I can log on...run a map or 7 and when my wife hits me up (She is immune to stun and silence) I can log of with very little notice.

I’m not Mathil, I can't go from Lvl 1 to Uber ready in a day....I have spent many years in this game collecting many items I am proud of. Legacy items, Made my 1st 6 link Coil this league and think I just might try Uber for my first time in 4 years.

Everything is gone... I was cleaned out. All Legacy items, All 6 links, they even took my taste of Hate.....So I emailed GGG of course.

The basics of my return email is , Sorry, we feel your pain. Nothing we can do, read this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464 and also here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172532

I know some will say, New League just start over. My problem is, Now when/if I should ever get my next OMG ITEM drop I will immediately think, it don't matter because its not safe and will be taken anyway. And I actually enjoyed going to standard, with the gear I have(had) there and testing my builds to the fullest with legacy items. This is no longer an option.

GGG ends the email with. I hope this does not influence your decision to keep playing, and Chris Wilson actually does Care. Chris, care to respond if you care, Id love a phone call because I can promise you other games have already solved this rubik's cube. I was hacked through PayPal for thousands of Dollars; I got all my money back and a key fob to protect my account...Thus making me feel at least safer to continue with them.

I have been hacked in other games; in the end I received my stuff back. Think about how hard we work to obtain our items, and the time we spend away from our families to do so.. To us gamers, this is a portion of our life. For me it’s how I empty my cup. That email from GGG has broken my gaming spirit. I will chalk this day up as the worse day in my gaming life....NOTHING has ever felt as bad as losing everything I worked for in this game and then getting an email saying, Sorry, nothing we can do.

TL;DR.....Play at your own risk ( Duh ) but know this risk in this game is greater than I anticipated.

Signed, a Broken Gamer......
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 2:07:11 PM
You mentioned Diablo and expect someone to help you or care ? Kappa
R.I.P 4.B.
I'm always sorry to hear about anyone being hacked. :(
Censored.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
You mentioned Diablo and expect someone to help you or care ? Kappa

I know the POE Elitist will be like POE > Diablo. Blah Blah...Thing is, even Blizzard has a Key fob you can get...Its at least something to make you feel secure moving forward. I can show you the email that said suck it up buttercup! (how I took it ).
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

I have been hacked in other games

So maybe the problem is within you and not in GGG\PoE.

No, seriously.
There are guys with with dozens of mirrored items (for sale\service), but it is you who was "hacked".
There are thousands of people with much greater wealth than you have, but it is exactly you who was "hacked".

There are tons of people (aside from those obvious wealthy guys who should've been "hacked" in the first place) who wasn't "hacked" in PoE AND in "other games". I wonder, why...

And such threads pop up on monthly basis. And it is always innocent & "hacked" fair player, who never did anything suspicious\"provocative".
Yup. World plot against fair player(s).
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'm always sorry to hear about anyone being hacked. :(

Thank you, I expected that most of my responses would be harsh. Nice to see a positive response.....
I never understood why GGG can t tell you witch person you traded those items. I mean I bet they could have logs.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
I never understood why GGG can t tell you witch person you traded those items. I mean I bet they could have logs.

On my Iron Commander toon I had a chest piece that I crafted. It was up on PoE for sale....GGG just wont do anything about it period. I think this is a poor stance to take and I am hoping I can get some support from the gaming community to show them this. My understanding is they catch people doing RMT ect by "who" they trade with.

GGG Mentioned not doing a roll back to prevent duping. I actually agree with this. WITH that said though, what about an option to make our gear BOP? ( Bind on pick up, or an option to bind it) Blam Mind blown. I am no programmer, and I know for a fact that others have found a way to address this problem.

I guess my issue is the response. I go to burglaries all the time in my profession.. Think I hand them a card and say...Welp, your shit is gone deal with it. Not a chance. PLUS there is measures that you can do in real life to protect yourself. Insurance moving forward ect. We have what in PoE?

The man deserves consideration in the response he receives from GGG.

I donated 20$. He donated quite a bit more than that.

I'm not saying pay to win... I'm saying show some respect in
return for the voluntary contributions made in good will.

do I deserve a one hour investigation, a few questions lobbed back
and forth among ggg employees and a few email replies? not really.

but if I donated over a hundred dollars? gettin' warm....

we can call our time the investment... but our time is "leisure"
and therefore "off the clock and worth nothing."

but our cash investments into long term commitment to the game?
maybe there is no solution to the losses suffered. they can offer
some deliberate good will through interaction.

so... if you could "earn" a few hundred bucks by sending two or three
reply emails after asking a few questions from your peers and considering
the persons problem before generating a not entirely stock reply.

would you? would you do it for 50$? would you do it for good will among
the community alone? or to avoid the negativity spreading?

Account hacking is a blemish on the face of this otherwise great game.

Only answer to that is to play safe, reset your pwd often (for game and email account) and don't share it with nobody.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info