HACKED, See if GGG cares. Read Bellow (Long)

It doesn't really matter if your PoE computer is secure. The primary way these hackers get into your poe account is by getting access to your email. What email service do you use?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
It doesn't really matter if your PoE computer is secure. The primary way these hackers get into your poe account is by getting access to your email. What email service do you use?

For video games I use what probably 90%+ of the community uses. Yahoo, Google ect. WITH that said the email I use for this account is NEVER logged into. I was created ONLY for POE and on a computer I use ONLY for gaming. I have 7 computers in my home and 4 Ipads. Web surfing ect is not used on my gaming machine. Another thing. I was not prompted when I logged in for the "Check your email we don't know you" thing you get when you change IP's... Just logged on to everything of value gone....Parandus and Standard
"
mark1030 wrote:

Yet, GGG thinks this is a state of the art way to protect your account? PayPal and a few others have already created the way to fix this....
From what I've noticed, hackers don't even need to get into your email, all it takes is a proxy to mimic a local ip address, and boom. I still don't understand why there's no second password-type security code for this game.
It sucks but hacks aren't random, you did something to compromise your information somewhere, and someone got the information (usually some Chinese RMT company).

As others have said you most likely have used the same password for multiple websites.
"
DJMASTAJEFF wrote:
It sucks but hacks aren't random, you did something to compromise your information somewhere, and someone got the information (usually some Chinese RMT company).

As others have said you most likely have used the same password for multiple websites.

Wrong, although I Have no way to prove this to you, and thus why I tried to add a few credentials at the start of my rant. I have done this since WoW; I make a brand new email for each game I play and never use it for ANYTHING Else, with each having their own passwords.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'm always sorry to hear about anyone being hacked. :(

He wasn't hacked. Someone got access to his account - be it him giving it out to someone, who just then used it, or by installing some shady programs, which contained keylogers, and whatnot. This is not GGG's fault, nor responsibility.

Sorry for your loss OP, but next time, maybe you should take better care of your account. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 25, 2016, 3:07:12 AM
I suggest answering us those questions:
1) Do you have same password for your POE account and e-mail?
2) Do you use same password of your e-mail or POE account for any other service?

If any answer is yes, then change your passwords to be distinct and you will be safe.

3) Who does know your passwords to your POE/e-mail account besides you? Your wife, children, friends?

Since it's very likely that it maybe very internal problem.

4) Haven't you by accident keep POE running and do some work elsewhere - while e.g. your friends/children have access to it?

I'm sure that GGG could at least provide a log of accesses to your account - login/logout times. That shouldn't be such a problem for them and shouldn't break any of their policies.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
people are so quick to judge, claiming to know exactly what happened, saying it's his own fault. it might be but I wouldn't be so sure about that. passwords are stolen, bought and sold in large quantity. sometimes it's just bad luck I guess..

also I'm not really satisfied with how GGG handles cases like this either. I'm not talking about giving stuff back but showing some dedication to solve this. his stuff is probably gonna end up on some RMT site, so it's not just about him only.
years ago diablo 3 passwords were hacked and poe got hit by a large wave of "hacked" accounts
since they used the same password in poe awell

wouldnt be the first time somene got "hacked"

you cant hack a poe account the moment you login from another location you have to enter the email key
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info