Example Prophecy Chain and State of Exile

I don't get it. Seems weird and unrewarding
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Isn't by having an integral part of this in 'map only' a snub to a large proportion of the potential participants? Didn't the stats say only a tiny percentile even reach maps? Or am I completely mistaken and misunderstanding this league setup?

You could look at it like this:
1. They want to motivate the players who never reached maps
2. Doing so makes them play the game longer, potentially have more fun and support the game

Since it's a f2p game obviously a big number of people isn't even seriously giving it a fair chance and only playing for a day or so (or just not into the genre), so they want to give more incentive to people who stick around to play a bit more.

I agree. I'm guessing that starting in Awakening (probably dipping a bit lower during talisman) And continuing up through ascendancy and Perandus, more and more players have been getting to maps. In their minds, they're probably thinking that the trend will continue, and they can help boost that trend through interesting Prophecies that will push people to just go for 'one more zone' that ends up leading them farther and farther.

"
Marxone wrote:
I don't get it. Seems weird and unrewarding

I won't argue with weird because that's entirely subjective, but unrewarding?? Did you see the chest piece?!
"
Isn't by having an integral part of this in 'map only' a snub to a large proportion of the potential participants? Didn't the stats say only a tiny percentile even reach maps? Or am I completely mistaken and misunderstanding this league setup?

it takes about a week or two to reach maps for a casual player (hardcore players reach them in a day or two) during a 3 month league (took me another 3 weeks after that to find zana).

It might be that players reach maps, but just do dry lake instead and don't bother picking up maps? idk what motivates those players.

The new random quest thing looks much more engaging than the perandus "hey a yes/no merchant choice" with rippy mobs everywhere. I'm really looking forward to what they do to all the mid range uniques.
Last edited by Asmosis on May 23, 2016, 9:27:56 AM
I'm just hoping the challenges are easier than Perandus/Labyrinth league because I want that prophecy monkey. :p
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Wow, I liked the idea of the League before, and that chest piece tease just sealed the deal since I almost always end up using Acro/Phase Acro at some point. Can't wait!
Wow, that armour will be amazing for any evasion based character.
I think this will turn out pretty nice. Little bit excited to play a CI char this time. Also, this example wasn't really a good one, since you have the feeling that every Prophecy takes several acts.

Am I the only one who legitimately chuckled when seeing "Ultima Thule"? :D I'm Estonian and one of the places suspected to be called "Ultima Thule" in classic literature and mapping is our biggest island, Saaremaa. We also have a rock band that named themselves after the legend.
sweet now we get to beat on a strong rogue. bring on the damn rogue with power and durability i can't wait to hang their dead body up in my hideout. I might actually have to kill the rogue with a weapon this time and not just a pair of old tube socks or a candy bar and waffle iron.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
Asmosis wrote:
"

it takes about a week or two to reach maps for a casual player (hardcore players reach them in a day or two) during a 3 month league (took me another 3 weeks after that to find zana).

It might be that players reach maps, but just do dry lake instead and don't bother picking up maps? idk what motivates those players.

The new random quest thing looks much more engaging than the perandus "hey a yes/no merchant choice" with rippy mobs everywhere. I'm really looking forward to what they do to all the mid range uniques.

To me it seems that it's a pretty static player base for the most part. Those willing to endure the really grindy parts, likely already do. It seems odd to force or push people into doing grinds they don't wish to endure.

I hope I'm wrong, but if that IS the true motivation behind the design, it could end up having the opposite effect among some of the remaining players.

I do hope it works out for GGG.

(^^^For Innervation as well)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info