Skill Reveal - Lacerate

"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
inspired by blast rain? how?

A comparatively smaller AOE skill that is also very effective at single target. Overlapping AoEs basically.
Can be cool, but I find the art a bit light. It makes it look weak.

I think it would have been better if the slashes left a trail behind se that you can see the overlap zone. And maybe make the "arcs" of equal width to not look like two smaller freezing pulses that fade away. And even, maybe give a color for a slash with main hand and another one for off-hand.

Just suggestions...
just looks like an altered version of reave since it seems to go pretty far with no investment(stacks) but less aoe arc.
Limiting the skill to sword and axe which has the most skill options already is pretty shit.

I am sorry , but your design team just completely miss the point once again.

Fix old skills please and stop neglecting other weapon play styles.

Last edited by nadakuu on May 19, 2016, 9:43:50 AM
Can this skill use the off-hand weapon only if the main-hand weapon is not a sword or axe?

That would be very interesting to me if it did.

Also, this skill reminds me... Whatever happened to the Double Strike threshold jewel? Is that coming in 2.3.0?
Last edited by D623932883 on May 19, 2016, 1:29:33 AM
Update that skill art please for the love of god.
hmm.. uninspired

dear GGG - melee's problem (as in being complete and utter joke compared to ranged in competitive environment) wont be solved by an AOE totem and Cleave rehash

melee is playable but noone will even play it for money/prizes - as it is a subpar choice that cannot do some content (Vinktar square map as melee.. good luck with 'normal' gear. snoozefest with any bow build)

only way to balance it at least somehow is to nerf ranged by a lot and we all know you wont do it because you are afraid of the backslash and crying customers. so just like in the old days of 1000HP Kaom's - you are hold hostage by previous decisions you are not capable of backing out of

so sure, pump out gimmick after gimmick but do not expect to anyone seriously use them when playing ranged is just - undeniably - better. just check the current race results..

As much as I hate to agree, Sid has it figured right.
"
Perq wrote:

Wings of entropy cannot be used as "Two-handed" weapon, since it counts as dual wielding. :P

Ah, you got me there. :D
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hmm.. Looks cool!

My only problem is it basically looks like projectile reaves?

I'll still play it either way :D

Thanks!
IGN: TitanVaolox

I'm curious as to what the damage multiplier will be. The example they give with Cleave is it will do less damage per swing, but it will hit the targets that the two attacks overlap twice. According to the wiki, Cleave is around 136% at level 20. Until we see the skill gem, lets assume that a level 20 version has maybe around 85% damage multiplier, using Double Strike as the example, you could be doing 170% damage to the targets that the two attacks overlap.

This to me seems like a hybrid of the two skills with some range and you can use one-handed or two-handed sword and axes. Could be interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info