Transgender Bathrooms... Targets getting boycotted. (Your Opinions?)

Article:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/target-boycott-reached-boiling-point-140049014.html

Was curious on everyone's opinion would you be okay with a transgender person in the same public bathroom as you?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 15, 2016, 8:09:54 AM
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 10:06:54 AM
I don't even understand why it became a subject of importance, Trans has been part of the society since a long time. They always picked the bathroom they felt more appropriate to them, it should stay like this.
I think we should desegregate society in terms of gender generally, not just bathrooms but sports and everywhere else as well. For example I think it's terrible we tell our young women no matter how good you get you'll never be able to play in the NBA because of your gender.

I'd love to see a time when gender segregation is a relic of the past.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I think we should desegregate society in terms of gender generally, not just bathrooms but sports and everywhere else as well. For example I think it's terrible we tell our young women no matter how good you get you'll never be able to play in the NBA because of your gender.

TBH I hate playing sport with girls, not sexist but, I play hockey a lot and it's an aggressive sport. With girls you try to go easy you can't play the same game. You can't touch the girl at all. I think it's normal that sport are separated.
The "transgender restroom rights" issue is an example of something which both has zero need for, and is almost completely immune to, any form of regulation (government, corporate, or individual). Before this, transgender people used whichever bathroom they felt appropriate, so Target's proclamation is nothing but empty words. After North Carolina, transgender people will still use whichever bathroom they feel appropriate, because enforcement will be impossible.

Nothing anyone says or does on this issue will have anything more than symbolic meaning. It is a colossal waste of everyone's time. For some strange reason I believe it's all an elaborate construction of the Trump campaign, designed to get the Religious Right to rally behind the GOP after a crushing defeat in the primaries.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 14, 2016, 9:33:43 PM
as a girl, if I see a penis in my public bathroom I use pepper spray. Don t care if there is boobs on top, penis is all that matter.

If trans is operated then no problem.

Don t want my baby girl to see penis around.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 15, 2016, 2:27:48 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
as a girl, if I see a penis in my public bathroom I use pepper spray. Don t care if there is boobs on top, penis is all that matter.

If trans is operated then no problem.

Don t want my baby girl to see penis around.

What is so wrong about penis? Or naked bodies in general?

I'm with Dr Manhattan on this subject (watch the watchmen movie). Cultural mores (and laws) which persecute those whom have done no harm have no place in an enlightened civilization.

If you think someones naked body is hurting you or your children, you seriously need to rethink your values.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

I assure you sports coaches don't give a fuck about gender. If women could compete with men, they would. The fact of the matter is, they can't. Men are superior athletes, plain and simple. This has been proven time and again in every sport you can think of. It applies even to chess and video games, by the way.

Are there women who are better than most men? Certainly. Can they compete with the best men? Nope. The division between men and women in sports isn't here to discriminate against women, it's to protect them from competing against men which would be a complete mismatch. On the other hand, no one is stopping women from competing against men - they simply can't.

As for transgender bathrooms: seems silly to me, first off, there aren't that many transgender people so it's highly inefficient, second, it does stink of segregation as was rightfully said, and third, I don't personally care and I don't think anyone but the radical moralists would care.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 15, 2016, 8:00:44 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Nothing anyone says or does on this issue will have anything more than symbolic meaning. It is a colossal waste of everyone's time. For some strange reason I believe it's all an elaborate construction of the Trump campaign, designed to get the Religious Right to rally behind the GOP after a crushing defeat in the primaries.

If it is a conspiracy by the Trump campaign, why did Trump invite the most famous transgender in the world to come use whatever bathroom she wanted in his building? And then this famous transgender did, while on video, used trumps female bathroom.
Yeah, doesn't really make sense. I guess nothing about this does. It's like social conservatives suddenly realized something obvious: transgender people sometimes need to pee.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info