ggg likes their game more than their players?

is there a good reason for monster skills and auras to often look better than the ones available to players?
for example, the Carrion Queen's fireball looking skill looks a lot better than the fireball skill gem animation. many of the enemy auras are more elaborate looking than player auras also. is it so players are motivated to buy alternate skill animations? if so then why not make enemy skill animations purchasable?
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 6:47:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG please bring back old haste aura :) I love the monster haste aura, but player haste looks kinda boring.

pandas you missed back in the early days of PoE (I wasn't even playing then), auras cost flat mana (like clarity) rather than %mana and everyone used to stack 8 auras and the aura effects were all more flashy. Too flashy, I guess, but geez, everyone looked so cool and powerful.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
If you looked flashy to begin with, why would you throw money at mtx?
"
Siochan wrote:

This.

GGG often will release the MTX from mobs to players if enough demand is made.
One good example is the Cleave MTX, it started with rogue exiles, and then sold as MTX.
"
Siochan wrote:

i don't mind buying mtx, but at least make more available for reasonable prices. i'm not about to spend 40$ on a set of armor, but i might pay to make my skills look better.
Of all the click-baity titled threads to draw a line in the sand on... this is the issue you want to complain about? Some mob skill effects?

Furthermore, you could have easily posted "Please make mob skill effects purchasable."
Done, son. End of line. All stop. Throw the anchor. Hit the brakes.

Jeez Louise.
"
pandasplaying wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

i don't mind buying mtx, but at least make more available for reasonable prices. i'm not about to spend 40$ on a set of armor, but i might pay to make my skills look better.

For the most part, I believe the prices could be dropped a little bit on the higher end stuff. Obviously the 15 point frogs and crap are fine. However, I also believe they shouldn't drop too far, ex. $40 down to like $30 at the most. The cost should still be high enough to make a nice profit off of those who can't wait and purchase MTXs the moment they are released or to the impatient but can still be a real deal when it is the daily offer. Always have to keep in mind that they are using MTXs to fund their game's needs. They might price what they have at those prices because anything else wouldn't be able to pay the bills and let each employee take home a proper paycheck. These are not billionares who decided to do a kickstarter game out of altruistic free to everyone intentions. They expect you to buy something here and there eventually or in the case of a few certain people we know of, own 90% of GGG. *cough*
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 4, 2016, 10:58:31 PM
To be honest te prices of MTXs are ridiculously high, probably higher than in every mtx game in history..

Single set costs around 400 points, thats 40$... I can buy almost every new game for less on steam. FULL GAME, not some mtx. They should really drop the prices by even 50% and im sure more people would spend a lot more.

Selling a buck for cheap was always the best option in mtx department.

20$ for single glowing effect on one weapon slot ? Give me a fucking break..
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on May 5, 2016, 3:28:35 AM
Throwing money on MTX is like a donation its not mandatory , if I want I ll buy it if I don't I won't .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
To be honest te prices of MTXs are ridiculously high, probably higher than in every mtx game in history..

Single set costs around 400 points, thats 40$... I can buy almost every new game for less on steam. FULL GAME, not some mtx. They should really drop the prices by even 50% and im sure more people would spend a lot more.

Selling a buck for cheap was always the best option in mtx department.

20$ for single glowing effect on one weapon slot ? Give me a fucking break..

unfortunately, i do agree with the above.

those mtx might be affordable for people living in rich countries, like US, Canada, Germany, Norway, Sweden etc. but for people like myslef living and working in poorer countries where average salaries are one fourth of those earned in the aforementioned countries, they are mostly unattainable.

the only purchases worth the money spent are stash tabs which are also quite expensive in the long run. i think i already spent at least three times more money that i ever spent on any other single game.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info