ggg likes their game more than their players?

i can probably buy a shirt, pants, shoes, socks, and hat for under $40 at the Goodwill. GGG basically copy/pastes their microtransactions when they're bought so it's similar to buying a copy of a digital painting which can be copied endlessly with little effort.
What they should consider is how many more purchases would be made if their prices were lower. maybe half the price would result in twice or more than twice the sales.
also i only made the accusation of GGG liking their game more than their players because how hard of a time i was having finding a skill i wanted to use end-game, and noticing how much better enemy skills looked than the ones i had to choose from.
"
pandasplaying wrote:
i can probably buy a shirt, pants, shoes, socks, and hat for under $40 at the Goodwill. GGG basically copy/pastes their microtransactions when they're bought so it's similar to buying a copy of a digital painting which can be copied endlessly with little effort.
What they should consider is how many more purchases would be made if their prices were lower. maybe half the price would result in twice or more than twice the sales.
also i only made the accusation of GGG liking their game more than their players because how hard of a time i was having finding a skill i wanted to use end-game, and noticing how much better enemy skills looked than the ones i had to choose from.

yes, they are ungodly expensive but think of the logic in what you are proposing. Lower them by 50% to maybe sell twice as many? Why take a chance of losing revenue to maybe break even under a new model, makes no sense.

But ya, they're too expensive.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
That assumes people spend specific money on specific things only. Many people buy however many points the money they decide to put in buys.

Do you buy a $40 mtx or do you buy $40 in points and buy whatever mtx you want with it? I buy supporter packs with as much money as I want to pay. Then I buy effects when I see one I want. Would I spend more if mtxes were cheaper? No. I'd spend the same amount. I'd just get more effects for the same price. So GGG doesn't get any extra money for making things cheaper from people like me.

Also, everything goes on sale so an effect that is $40 can be bought for $30 or less. I think most things are discounted 30-40% on sale.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 5, 2016, 4:49:09 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

yes, they are ungodly expensive but think of the logic in what you are proposing. Lower them by 50% to maybe sell twice as many? Why take a chance of losing revenue to maybe break even under a new model, makes no sense.

because they might sell 3+ times as many mx. walmart and costco do well with low prices dont they?
"
pandasplaying wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

because they might sell 3+ times as many mx. walmart and costco do well with low prices dont they?
Selling twice as much doesn't get them twice as much money when everything is half the price.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
pandasplaying wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

That's a pretty big might with slim to no stats to back it up. Only GGG knows for sure, they see how much they sell of any given MTX on sale vs reg price.

I get what you're trying to say and I agree that the price should drop a bit, especially on the older stuff.
"
mark1030 wrote:
Selling twice as much doesn't get them twice as much money when everything is half the price.

i never said it did. if they sold 3 times as much at half price they would make 50% more profit

i'd like to see how much their sales go up if they put all mtx for sale for one day
Just to comment on the thread title: why wouldn't they? A painter should like their best painting more than the customer who bought it, and a novelist should like their best writing more than its readers. If GGG didn't like the game more than its players, something would be very wrong. Although on the other hand, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Just to comment on the thread title: why wouldn't they? A painter should like their best painting more than the customer who bought it, and a novelist should like their best writing more than its readers. If GGG didn't like the game more than its players, something would be very wrong. Although on the other hand, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Hmmm those are Art. Is a videogame a work of Art or a product? Has the medium transcended that yet?
Last edited by TheWretch on May 5, 2016, 5:28:42 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Hmmm those are Art. Is a videogame a work of Art or a product? Has the medium transcended that yet?

almost all mtx involve art. an artist had to draw all of them. would a normal artist be able to draw a a set of armor and sell each digital copy for $40 each? i doubt it.

also, who are you to say if an artist "should" like their best painting more than the customer who bought it? somebody's values are their own choice. to value a painting over a human life is ludicrous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info