I, Slayertip, Have officially given up hope for GGG.

@Polaris: Excellent point regarding first impressions. Instability issues alone have created scads of players who hate the Lab based off that alone, and they're not likely to notice when it's fixed.

Regarding enchantments, that's why I think socket color should influence enchant RNG for helmets. Give players at least a little control, damnit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I agree with the OP to some extent, I think the game needs much more improvements, but the devs are often not around.

To me the graphics/fps problem is the major concern, let's face it, is not optimal, as a 2.5D game, the consumption of GPU is way too high. Simply let people disable party member's or even their own skill effects will be a big help. The current setting will only allow you to reduce the overall graphics, which will make me lose a great amount of details to the main character, but I don't want a blurry character, I want it to look beautiful.

Then there are many skill gems that require improvements, for example, I have been making lots of comments regarding Elemental Hit, but nothing replied from any dev or just simply a "it's acknowledged, will look into it", not even that. Lack of commitments in forum is a big let down.

If this game is one of the very few games that is Aussie friendly, I would not be playing it still...
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 30, 2016, 10:49:50 PM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
Snippity Snip

You opened up really strong with the impressions but are you serious about the grinding part? Note the name of the company that develops this game, hint it's not Blizzard.

Enchantment grinding has added an extra element to the economy, almost like a stimulus that is making not all great uniques such as; Rat's Nest, Devoto's, High Level Crafting bases, etc worth selling even after one month after a leagues commenced. And it's not even the Helmets, you can pretty much get a leech enchant on a decent pair of boots and all of a sudden it's sell-able even now.

Lab is actually one of the good steps in direction they've taken and is actually unique.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

The sad part is, GGG actually tries to listen to these less than casuals who do nothing but whine, and they honestly shouldnt.

So they should listen to the hardcore whiners who clamor for a nerf every time a masterful item mechanic interaction is discovered?
I like how you throw in "hardcore" when it literally has nothing to do with what i said.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
First impressions are pretty important, and one thing that I think was true for nearly everyone was the labyrinth gave a bad first impression. During the launch week there was too much server instability and client crash issues, and for a long uninterruptible level like the labyrinth, that was a recipe for disaster. There's no going back in time to make a new first impression, and GGG blew it big time with Ascendency.

IMO, the labyrinth is something that is fun to do a few times, but GGG tried to make it something players would do a thousand times for the enchants. Who is the lab for? From what I've seen in the community, it seems that heavy grinders don't like the lab, whereas the people who tend to enjoy it are like me who aren't so fond of grinding ad nauseum. It seems that GGG made a mistake of not considering their audience for this expansion. If the lab is enjoyed primarily by people who aren't big grinders, then grinding shouldn't be a significant component of the lab. And if grinders don't enjoy the lab but feel they need to do it often, then GGG is sending the wrong players into the labyrinth, which only results in their frustration.

One of my philosophies is that a game shouldn't strive to have things that players like, it should strive to have things that players love. If developers follow the former (a game that people like), they will be able to eliminate all the things that people don't like. But if they follow the latter (a game that people love) it's impossible to eliminate all the things that people don't like. This is because the things that players love elicit strong opinions, and not all of them are positive. I imagine many of the people who don't like the lab love something else in the game, and they are sticking around because of that. That's why it's important to have things that players love. For you, there is already something in the game that you love. GGG is wise to find new things that other audiences love. The labyrinth is one of those things. You aren't obligated to like all new things, but if you did, it would mean GGG has failed to provide something that a new audience will love. That's more of a tragedy than having to deal with a few things one doesn't like.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The sad part is, GGG actually tries to listen to these less than casuals who do nothing but whine, and they honestly shouldnt. Im tired of seeing soo many good games tanking because of these shitters that migrate to another game after they killed off a game. They then go on to kill that game they migrate to. Theyre actual parasites leeching off of a game and damaging its health until it dies.

GGG is starting to get to that same point Blizzard did where their games become a brainless, loot simulator.

You get +1 from me Slayer_Tip

OP is whining for the labyrinth to be changed, the labyrinth is something that is not a brainless loot simulator, and yet at the end you give +1 to OP? It reads like a damnation of the OP. What am I missing that makes it a concurrence instead?
Nice job removing half the shit i said and using it in context.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
@Polaris: Excellent point regarding first impressions. Instability issues alone have created scads of players who hate the Lab based off that alone, and they're not likely to notice when it's fixed.

Regarding enchantments, that's why I think socket color should influence enchant RNG for helmets. Give players at least a little control, damnit.
Or work for your items like everyone else. Ive rolled pretty much every enchant now aside from a few, and im okay with that because i know im going to get them if i keep working towards them.

I just got this today craft with 10 chaos, then i ran lab 4 times before hitting the enchant. I plan on fully crafting this helm since i have T1 Chaos and Lightning, with T2 fire (which is just old T1 fire, still worth crafting). Suffixes cannot be changed mod, scour, exalt for life/armour. Boom GG helmet.

The fact of the matter is the people bitching are lying about how many times theyve run things. I havent even run labyrinth over 300 times yet and ive hit nearly every enchant there is, with only a handful of duplicate rolls.

Anyone can go on the forums and say "oh hey i ran this 500 times and didnt get what i want! wah!" when in reality they probably ran it 10 times or fewer. It happens all the time.

The reason people arent getting what they want is because theyre delusional individuals in denial and think that lying is going to help them.

Edit - And GGG has logs of how many times the labyrinth has been run, i have no doubt in my mind they can check and see who has and hasnt run the labyrinth as many times as they claim. They probably sit their with their palm over their face when they see people lying about it.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Apr 30, 2016, 11:38:20 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Or work for your items like everyone else. Ive rolled pretty much every enchant now aside from a few, and im okay with that because i know im going to get them if i keep working towards them.

I just got this today craft with 10 chaos, then i ran lab 4 times before hitting the enchant. I plan on fully crafting this helm since i have T1 Chaos and Lightning, with T2 fire (which is just old T1 fire, still worth crafting). Suffixes cannot be changed mod, scour, exalt for life/armour. Boom GG helmet.

The fact of the matter is the people bitching are lying about how many times theyve run things. I havent even run labyrinth over 300 times yet and ive hit nearly every enchant there is, with only a handful of duplicate rolls.

Anyone can go on the forums and say "oh hey i ran this 500 times and didnt get what i want! wah!" when in reality they probably ran it 10 times or fewer. It happens all the time.

The reason people arent getting what they want is because theyre delusional individuals in denial and think that lying is going to help them.

Edit - And GGG has logs of how many times the labyrinth has been run, i have no doubt in my mind they can check and see who has and hasnt run the labyrinth as many times as they claim. They probably sit their with their palm over their face when they see people lying about it.

I have only run lab... most likely less then 10 times, only to make my builds... somewhat viable for end game (i experiment with my builds)... I don't really want to run lab again, despite the fact that some of my planned builds require some nodes to become efficient... its a bit heartbreaking that Ascendancy points are locked behind a gate that not many people enjoy walking through.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
If you dont enjoy running it then have someone else run you through it for your points. I run a few people through everytime i farm on good days, for people who want their points but cant/dont want to run through it quickly.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Apr 30, 2016, 11:53:44 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
If you dont enjoy running it then have someone else run you through it for your points. I run a few people through everytime i farm on good days, for people who want their points but cant/dont want to run through it quickly.

how would that work? i thought lab was pure solo instanced.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying an average of 360 runs of a level 68 zone to get the desired Enchantment is probably too much. That's datamined, I don't need to guess about it. It's basically forcing trade on people who aren't madly in love with the Lab. Hell, I like the Lab, but not that much.

Let's say that, for a 4S helmet, the base was 20% chance of each color skill (total 60%), plus 10% per colored socket. At most that'd make it 1:1:3, so roughly speaking a 1/360 would go to a 1/200. I don't think that's crazy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 1, 2016, 12:09:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info