Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

I, Slayertip, Have officially given up hope for GGG.

the reality is...many players stoped, GGG and your two weeks event is trying to bring back these, the sheep says thats all ok GGG keep doing more cosmetics

yes its all ok in the forum

the game is empty poe trade without options

two week event may work for a little, think about GGG, do not listen the sheep, look for true feedback like this original post
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Leagues shouldnt have the goal of "finish challenges then leave for the rest of the league"... Leagues should have the feel of "WOW, this is so damn fun, i should keep playing and see what else happens, see if there are secrets in this leagues, maybe even find that brand new unique"

Perandus was an embarassment... it took away the Grind, the Hardcoreness... the only Hardcore moments was then my GPU almost exploded to the amount of FPS drops that occurred during my time in Perandus.

Yea basically, pft.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

The sad part is, GGG actually tries to listen to these less than casuals who do nothing but whine, and they honestly shouldnt.

So they should listen to the hardcore whiners who clamor for a nerf every time a masterful item mechanic interaction is discovered?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Given how volatile community can be when they dislike something, and how noisy feedback can be, they cannot react in a knee jerk way. The community may be right, but they have to be patient until the QQ gets calm enough. This days have been a great example of this.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Given how volatile community can be when they dislike something, and how noisy feedback can be, they cannot react in a knee jerk way. The community may be right, but they have to be patient until the QQ gets calm enough. This days have been a great example of this.

I agree with this stance, even though i don't agree with your general opinion of the lab/necessity for the lab.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Yes indeed, reading feedback on internet forums is surely a free pass to the looney-bin for any game developer. Nevertheless, in this case, I don't believe that the complaints about the labyrinth are just QQ, nor do I believe that they'll go away.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
But a lot of the complaints about the labyrinth is QQ actually. It's a circlejerk sometimes. Light in analysis. It's not the first flamewar I've seen here, so it doesn't surprise me at all GGG's reaction.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
But a lot of the complaints about the labyrinth is QQ actually. It's a circlejerk sometimes. Light in analysis. It's not the first flamewar I've seen here, so it doesn't surprise me at all GGG's reaction.

Well, I totally disagree with your assessment of the labyrinth complaints. It's mostly the people in favor of the labyrinth (which is their prerogative) who are light on analysis and heavy on the "stop QQing", "you want free stuff", "l2p" etc. -- not that I'm saying everyone is like that. We can have legitimate differences of opinion. But GGG, like any dev, will go the way they see fit (and players will go the way they see fit).
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Comparing something to Indiana Jones or Frogger to show that is inapropiate is not what I would call analysis. One of the complaint threads lives on that. I jumped ship when I got bored with it.

Now, saying why the whole thing sucks ("It slows me down, the controls are not precise, the whole thing is too dark, golden doors are a waste of time")...those are actually interesting.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 30, 2016, 9:19:40 PM
First impressions are pretty important, and one thing that I think was true for nearly everyone was the labyrinth gave a bad first impression. During the launch week there was too much server instability and client crash issues, and for a long uninterruptible level like the labyrinth, that was a recipe for disaster. There's no going back in time to make a new first impression, and GGG blew it big time with Ascendency.

IMO, the labyrinth is something that is fun to do a few times, but GGG tried to make it something players would do a thousand times for the enchants. Who is the lab for? From what I've seen in the community, it seems that heavy grinders don't like the lab, whereas the people who tend to enjoy it are like me who aren't so fond of grinding ad nauseum. It seems that GGG made a mistake of not considering their audience for this expansion. If the lab is enjoyed primarily by people who aren't big grinders, then grinding shouldn't be a significant component of the lab. And if grinders don't enjoy the lab but feel they need to do it often, then GGG is sending the wrong players into the labyrinth, which only results in their frustration.

One of my philosophies is that a game shouldn't strive to have things that players like, it should strive to have things that players love. If developers follow the former (a game that people like), they will be able to eliminate all the things that people don't like. But if they follow the latter (a game that people love) it's impossible to eliminate all the things that people don't like. This is because the things that players love elicit strong opinions, and not all of them are positive. I imagine many of the people who don't like the lab love something else in the game, and they are sticking around because of that. That's why it's important to have things that players love. For you, there is already something in the game that you love. GGG is wise to find new things that other audiences love. The labyrinth is one of those things. You aren't obligated to like all new things, but if you did, it would mean GGG has failed to provide something that a new audience will love. That's more of a tragedy than having to deal with a few things one doesn't like.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The sad part is, GGG actually tries to listen to these less than casuals who do nothing but whine, and they honestly shouldnt. Im tired of seeing soo many good games tanking because of these shitters that migrate to another game after they killed off a game. They then go on to kill that game they migrate to. Theyre actual parasites leeching off of a game and damaging its health until it dies.

GGG is starting to get to that same point Blizzard did where their games become a brainless, loot simulator.

You get +1 from me Slayer_Tip

OP is whining for the labyrinth to be changed, the labyrinth is something that is not a brainless loot simulator, and yet at the end you give +1 to OP? It reads like a damnation of the OP. What am I missing that makes it a concurrence instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info