|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

Was wondering if you could help me out a bit with gear progression. I'm fresh to dried lake, not sure what to purchase first. I have 6 exalts and about 1-2~ more in other currency.
"
Dakoos wrote:
20% increased melee dmg would be nice, if you happen to find spiked gloves.

I have been play testing a significant change to the build that provides about 70% more dps, faster clear speed, and functional bleed immunity. I'll post an update soon.

70% more damage?! Wow, can't wait to see what it is.
"
Was wondering if you could help me out a bit with gear progression. I'm fresh to dried lake, not sure what to purchase first. I have 6 exalts and about 1-2~ more in other currency.

Honestly, I think you'll have a hard time with this build on a 6ex budget. But if you must, I would focus on getting a non-legacy Kaom's and non-legacy Vinktar first. You'll have to route through the right side of the skill tree for Vaal Pact.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
"
Dakoos wrote:
"

Honestly, I think you'll have a hard time with this build on a 6ex budget. But if you must, I would focus on getting a non-legacy Kaom's and non-legacy Vinktar first. You'll have to route through the right side of the skill tree for Vaal Pact.

Thankfully I already have a Vinktar's :D
"
"
Dakoos wrote:
"

Thankfully I already have a Vinktar's :D

Oh and I forgot, of course, you'll need a Retch belt asap.
Major Build Update

I have spent he last couple of weeks trying to push the limits of my build, and I've landed on what I feel is the strongest variation yet. Below is a summary of the changes I have made.

Bloodlust
First and foremost, I replaced the Fortify gem with the Bloodlust gem in my 6L. This gives us a whopping 61% MORE DPS to all bleeding targets (that puts us at 734K DPS with iAOE and 1.17M with Conc Effect). Atziri's Disfavour causes all of our attacks to bleed, but now Cyclone no longer causes bleeding. How do we cause our targets to bleed all the time?....Flicker Strike and Vengeance!

Flicker Strike
I replaced leap slam with Flicker strike. There are now several major mechanics dependent on our use of Flicker Strike every 5 seconds. We are applying Fortify (5 second duration), applying bleed (5 second duration, in an area due to free Melee Splash from Impact), generating Endurance Charges, and teleporting from pack to pack. There is so much utility packed into this one ability it's not even funny. Make sure to use it every 5 seconds!

Vengeance
I added Vengeance as a secondary method of applying bleed in an area around us and also generating Endurance charges, as it shares the ECoMS gem with Flicker Strike. A cool perk for Vengeance is that it scales off our already stacked Melee Range and AoE modifier.

Immortal Call
I added Immortal Call to my Vaal Haste 4L. As you are moving from pack to pack with Flicker Strike, you will occasionally get bleed stacks. Pop Immortal Call to consume your endurance charges and become bleed immune for 2-3 seconds.

Notes
Now, I acknowledge that some people may not like having to flicker every 5 seconds to apply bleed. If that's the case, you can revert back to the old setup. I also know that it's not possible to apply bleed to every single monster in every single pack. That's OK, we already one shot packs even without Bloodlust. The important thing here is that we have Bloodlust for bosses or high-life rares.

I've also seen a significant clear speed increase from flickering from pack to pack rather than running. I enjoy keeping the 2 second cooldown on Flicker Strike (not bypassing with Frenzy Charges), as I can spam the key and have confidence that I will only flicker 1 time.

Let me know if anybody else tries this new setup. Feedback welcome!

Video
Here is a video of T16 Forge of the Phoenix with this new setup: https://youtu.be/7IBNt4ziws8
Last edited by Dakoos on Oct 4, 2016, 10:39:58 PM
As I have with survival at all bad on this build.Plus mana problems,ends when rubanyi mobs and at this point, a bunch of knocked....
Can you make a video of Uber Atziri kill?
First of all thanks for the guide, second any chance of getting like a tree progression maybe every 20 points or so if you could, and if you could also mention order of ascendancy points taken.

is the radius from impact worth not picking up brutal fervour
Last edited by gm08872 on Oct 13, 2016, 12:43:19 AM
Thanks Dakoos for the build!
Just wondering, my current skill area effect modifier is 13%. I have no idea how to get something near 160% like yours. All im missing are the retch (which I'm getting very soon) and all my gems are identical to yours. What am i doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info