[2.2] Guardian Tank Aura Support

Hello all.
I'm just posting my support build to see what people think of it. My current gear and gems are optimal because I started making changes then haven't had time to play. But would still be good to get some feedback from other Aurabot players.

First off I'd like to mention that I used the two following guides as, well, guides. I couldn't decide which way to take my build and swapped between these two paths while leveling. I learned a lot from these guides and finally adapted the build to my own playstyle.

[2.2 Guardian]Party Jesus: adaptable Hybrid-Aura Support on a Budget
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596467

[2.2][Uber Video]The Guardian Auromancer,14 Auras+3 Vaal 3-4 Curses End-game party support build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1590384

So, let's get down to it.
I have broken this up into 2 parts. My current state and dream state (what I would like to get the build to). The main objective is to move ahead of the party, and distract/weaken as many enemies as possible before the party blows them up.
I originally had the curse with cast on hit. I found this very hard to keep up with the group as most enemies would die before the curse would even hit them. So I changed to Blasphemy.

Current State

Honestly, my current state is unfinished due to lack of funds and time played. It still works fine for t10-12 maps.
I have 8 self-cast auras, 2 blasphemy auras, Radiant Faith and auras from Animated Guardian items and Golem.
I am Blood Magic. I didn’t really want to go this path but curse on hit didn't feel right for me and BM allowed me to use blasphemy instead.
Pretty simple rundown of gear is typical reduced mana reservation items and high energy shield.

Screenshots

Self-Buffed with Tempest Shield, Animated Guardian and Chaos Golem in Merciless.

Same buffs as above with Rumi’s Concoction.

Same as above with 3 of each charge and in Hideout.

Buffs

Here is a look at my current Mana Reservation.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#-y34pAPd/yLwZ9k3/kBGCB/gnQYsmd/tMT87cxo

Auras

Defensive Auras
1. Discipline - Build will not work without this.
2. Determination - Build will not be tanky without this.
3. Grace - Recommended if you want to be more tanky. (could be replaced with a damage aura if you like)
4, 5, and 6. Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning - Very useful to boost Maximum Resistances. And also for those players that aren't capped in Merciless (it does happen)

No need for Vitality or Purity of Elements. Vitality has always been below average unless a build requires high regeneration. And Elements shouldn't be needed as most players should be positive in Merciless if not capped (they only need 45-50 to get capped by the other purities).

Offensive Auras
7. Anger - Adds damage to spells and attacks. Best all-rounder for damage.
8. Haste - Comes in second for damage boost by allowing Allies to move and attack/cast faster.

Players will often be running their own Wrath or Hatred if their build requires it. There is no point doubling up.

Curses

1. Enfeeble
2. Temporal Chains

Both are hooked up to a Blasphemy and are needed to reduce incoming damage. And are even more important for the Allies that aren't so tanky.

Guardian Nodes

Radiant Faith
Grants Armour equal to 160% of your Reserved Life to you and nearby Allies.

Unwavering Faith
Auras you Cast grant +1% Physical Damage Reduction to you and Allies.
Auras you Cast grant 0.2% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second to you and Allies.

These 2 Major nodes are 100% needed for this build. Radiant Faith works well with Determination to give you and party members an awesome armour boost. While Unwavering Faith gives even more defences and a bit of life regeneration.

Harmony of Purpose
Nearby Enemies cannot gain Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charges.
Nearby Party members share Charges.

This node is very useful. It becomes extremely powerful in large groups as all members share charges. This does not allow you to share charges to your allies though. You still need Conduit for that. Stopping enemies from gaining charges is a bonus, but I find that most of the time the enemy will have charges on them before I get near them and usually they don't live long enough to gain more charges.

Passive Tree

I focused on Reduced Mana Reservation and Energy Shield nodes. I chose Life nodes over other nodes because it added armour as well as a larger pool of health to cast skills with while on Low Health. Some nodes I left till last but I knew I was never getting over level 90 with this build. Skipped Conduit because of the Guardian node and I don't really have a great way to provide charges.

My Goal for the Tree is to get curse and duration buffs. It just depends. My friend seems to be able to keep Vaal Haste up all the time without any duration nodes, this leads me to believe I should get the curse nodes first.

Gear

Don't blast me about optimising my gear. I am currently working towards the dream build mentioned and haven't had time to actually play.

Shavronne's Wrappings
Need Shavs for the Chaos does not Bypass Energy Shield.

Alpha's Howl
Reduced Mana Reserved and + level to auras.

Prism Guardian
Reduced Mana Reserved and + level to auras.

Ephemeral Edge
Energy Shield Boost plus we can use whirling blades with it.

Animated Guardian Requires 2 items as well.
Leer Cast - For increased ally damage.
Dying Breath - More increased ally damage.

That is all that is needed. The rest of the items I have been mixing and matching to help my playstyle.

For the Belt I started with Bated Breath. I changed to an Energy Shield Rare with Resistances.

I used Lioneye's Paws at the begining, but that movement speed reduction was unbarable for me. I changed to Sin Trek. They have decent Energy Shield and better movement speed. These can eventually be changed for High ES Rare with some chaos resist.

Once I changed my curses to Blasphemy I was only casting 2 skills (Enduring/Rallying Cry and Whirling Blades). So I picked up Voidbringer Gloves. I would love to Vaal a +1 to socketed gems on them. This would allow my purities to have +2 and be hooked up to enlighten with an extra level.

Rings and Neck are just Rares. I try to get High ES with a bit of Resistances. But maybe the most important thing is that corrupted neck with Enemies can have 1 Additional Curse.

Gems

Shield holds 3 big auras. You want all 50% auras in this shield.
Determination, Grace, Anger.

Gloves will have purities in them. This is where a corrupted +1 to socketed gems would be nice. 4 Linked.
Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Enlighten

Sword should be 3 linked, its currently only 2.
Whirling Blades, Fortify, Animated Guardian

Chest only needs 4 link. I needed 5 link when I was using curse on hit.
Blasphemy, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness or Warlords Mark, Rallying Cry, Tempest Shield

Helm has the rest of the auras in it. Doesn't need to be linked.
Discipline, Haste, Summon Chaos (or Lightning) Golem

Boots were supposed to have 3 Vaal gems in them but I have changed my plans a bit. So they have.
Increased duration, Vaal Discipline, Enhance

The Enhance isn't important here, just a slot to keep leveling in atm.

Dream State

This is my aim for when I get time and currency to focus on this guy. The major difference is the Guardian Nodes. Allowing me to replace Haste with Hatred and get a Haste from Warcries.
It will have 8 self-cast auras, 3 blasphemy auras, Radiant Faith and auras from Animated Guardian items and Golem.
Skyforth could be used but wouldn’t match my playstyle as I’d need to hit a potion after every skill used.

Buffs

Mana Reservation for the dream.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#hz34pAPd/yLwZ9k3/lDsQrA8v/TYeltmd/GDBHcb

Auras

Defensive Auras
1. Discipline - Build will not work without this.
2. Determination - Build will not be tanky without this.
3. Grace - Recommended if you want to be more tanky. (could be replaced with a damage aura if you like)
4, 5, and 6. Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning - Very useful to boost Maximum Resistances. And also for those players that aren't capped in Merciless (it does happen)

No changes from my current build.

Offensive Auras
7. Anger - Adds damage to spells and attacks. Best all-rounder for damage.
8. Hatred – Replaces Haste and this is because of the Guardian Node changes.

I replace Haste with Hatred. Really you can use either. But I changed the Harmony of Purpose with Prayer of Glory. Warcries give a Haste-like buff.

Curses

1. Enfeeble
2. Temporal Chains
3. Elemental Weakness / Warlord’s Mark

I run around with a SRS build most of the time and Warlord’s Mark is useless for it. Also with the change away from Harmony of Purpose the charges are no longer shared.

Guardian Nodes

Radiant Faith
Grants Armour equal to 160% of your Reserved Life to you and nearby Allies.

Unwavering Faith
Auras you Cast grant +1% Physical Damage Reduction to you and Allies.
Auras you Cast grant 0.2% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second to you and Allies.

Prayer of Glory
You and nearby allies have 15% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you’ve used a Warcry Recently.
Using Warcries is Instant.
Warcries cost no Mana.

A change to this node give us an extra aura that is better than Haste when a warcry is used. This is why Haste was swapped out for Hatred. Also making warcries cost no mana is very handy when we have a low life build. The change away from Harmony of Purpose means that Allies no longer share charges. I use a different way to spread charges with Conduit and Doedre’s Elixir.

Gear

This isn’t much different from my Current gear except for the corruption types to look for.
Shavronne's Wrappings
This item doesn’t need a corruption. Nor would I try unless I had a few lying around.

Alpha's Howl
Also no corruption is needed here.
But It is a good idea to get an enchant from The Labyrinth that reduces the Mana Reservation of one of the 50% auras used (Grace, Anger, Determination, Hatred, Haste or Wrath). Just make sure that it is an aura that is used.

Prism Guardian
Here we want the +1 to level of Socketed Gems. It’s not really required.
Other corruptions can give you level 16 Discipline, Grace or Determination. I do not recommend getting any of those. Discipline is the main source of Energy Shield and needs to be as high as possible. Determination is decent because eventually you will get capped with damage reduction and Determination becomes less ideal for you, but your allies will suffer from it. And Grace is added evasion that is always welcomed. The biggest issue with these corruptions is that we already have most of the good auras and can only replace the slots with subpar auras.

Ephemeral Edge
No corruption is needed on the weapon.

Voidbringers
Here we want the +1 to level of Socketed Gems. It is required to get the extra reduced mana reservation from a level 4 enlighten (without corrupting) and will give the purities another level.

Boots (most likely rare boots)
Looking for the +2 to Vaal gems. As we will have Vaal Discipline and Vaal Haste in them.

Rainbowstride is also a good choice. Although, there isn’t really a focus on Block to make full use of the conversion.

Neck (most likely rare neck)
Most important to get Enemies can have 1 additional Curse.

Blood of Corruption isn’t a bad choice. Reduces the total ES though. Would have to use Doedre’s Damning which will further reduce total ES.

Rings
No Corruption is needed on the rings.

Ideal Animated Guardian Items would be anything that keeps it alive.
Leer Cast
Dying Breath
One of the linked guides suggested Death’s Oath and Kaom’s Roots. They don’t really offer anything to the build itself, but would do well in keeping the guardian alive. Basically any high Life items with resistances should help a lot.

Flasks

Doedre’s Elixir
Needed to give out charges via Conduit.

Rumi’s Concoction
This gives me added Block. It seems like the only way to really boost my defences if I’m getting beat down.

The Sorrow of the Divine
Give me Zealot’s Oath for the duration of the flask. This is basically a health potion. Is handy in a sticky situation.

Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
For Speed Boost.

Amethyst Flask of Staunching
To remove Bleeds.

Gems

Shield is same as current gear.
Determination, Grace, Anger.

Gloves will have purities in them. This is where a corrupted +1 to socketed gems would be nice. 4 Linked.
Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Enlighten

Sword should be 3 linked.
Whirling Blades, Fortify, Animated Guardian

Chest only needs 4 link. Moved Tempest Shield to boots, Moved Golem to chest. Mostly due to socket colours.
Blasphemy, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness, Rallying Cry, Summon Chaos (or Lightning) Golem

Boots will have 2 Vaal Gems and tempest Shield.
Increased duration, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste, Tempest Shield

Helm might need a 2 link depending on what is placed in the 2 spare slots.
Discipline, Hatred

Anything can go into the 2 spare slots.

Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 2:09:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info