[2.2] Nokternl's Forever Flicker CoC Boom Build (160k+ DPS)

okey , thank you for the answer!

i'm interrested of making my own version of the build, bored of my flicker 4M dps poison :P

Imma see how i can modificate it for my tastes :)

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwYAA+4EswVCCPQN0RCSES0RLxa/GF0aOBvIHNwdviBuIvQmlScvKPopTyoLLJwyCTIyMtEzhzWSNj062DrhPAU9Xz8nQYdBlkVHSshMjkyzTeNQMFBCUdlSU1M1VUtVhVeUWW1d8l+YYeJirGNDZlRqQ2u3bAtsRmyMbRluqnBScmx1/XyDgseEb4SihXuFfYnTjDaPGpBVkyeXlZf0mjudqp/foS+iAKLZpcumV63xrrOwkrDYtUi18rc+uJO8b76KwFTAZs8yz93QH9D11ELVpti92YbbXuN144TrY+vu7DjtPO987+vwH/GK8kX56P4K/o//kw==

something similar to this, hmm hmm, with

and a diamond ring, it reachs 90% crit chance with flicker and caped crit chance for blade vortex , with 30% aoe radius i believe it can make a difference for the clean speed.

However it lacks attack speed and accuracy, maybe on jewels?

coc flicker inc crit, multi strike
blade vortex bladefall

Thoo it becomes gear dependant, for the resistances it will be difficult but i will not use scold bridle despites it's opness, i dislike vaal gems
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 5, 2016, 6:21:38 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
okey , thank you for the answer!

i'm interrested of making my own version of the build, bored of my flicker 4M dps poison :P

Imma see how i can modificate it for my tastes :)

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwYAA+4EswVCCPQN0RCSES0RLxa/GF0aOBvIHNwdviBuIvQmlScvKPopTyoLLJwyCTIyMtEzhzWSNj062DrhPAU9Xz8nQYdBlkVHSshMjkyzTeNQMFBCUdlSU1M1VUtVhVeUWW1d8l+YYeJirGNDZlRqQ2u3bAtsRmyMbRluqnBScmx1/XyDgseEb4SihXuFfYnTjDaPGpBVkyeXlZf0mjudqp/foS+iAKLZpcumV63xrrOwkrDYtUi18rc+uJO8b76KwFTAZs8yz93QH9D11ELVpti92YbbXuN144TrY+vu7DjtPO987+vwH/GK8kX56P4K/o//kw==

something similar to this, hmm hmm, with

and a diamond ring, it reachs 90% crit chance with flicker and caped crit chance for blade vortex , with 30% aoe radius i believe it can make a difference for the clean speed.

However it lacks attack speed and accuracy, maybe on jewels?

coc flicker inc crit, multi strike
blade vortex bladefall

Thoo it becomes gear dependant, for the resistances it will be difficult but i will not use scold bridle despites it's opness, i dislike vaal gems

Hey Geisalt,

I also had started with a similar tree to yours, including the AOE and spell crit nodes and moving over to the extra power charge on the left. The loss of the extra frenzy charge and Acrobatics/Phase Acro is a pretty big hit to our defenses (I count Frenzy charges as sort of a defense given if they run out, we're dead ;) )

Getting that extra 45% skill effect duration is good, I was trying to fit it in, but the problem is that the bigger issue is trying to get more survivability, not damage, into the build... hence going for more life and defenses. I think you're leaving yourself pretty open to that ever deadly spike damage :(

I too ran the Rat's Nest early, but the addition of Scold's is really perfect for this build. Regarding the Scold's and Vaal Molten Shell, I know you might not like Vaal skills, but one that you activate every 21 seconds, and is ready to go again before it's finished (most of the time) isn't a big deal when you consider the large damage contribution it makes, to this build especially. I conservatively estimated 55K+ from memory that the VMS is adding to my DPS. Not only that, this build really relies on having a passive power charge generator, and unless you are lucky enough to have a 6L Voll's laying around, having the low level CWDT proccing the charge generating blade vortex is good, and made even better by the fact that Scolds is proccing it even when you're not being hit by enemies, just through your own flickerstrike mana use damaging you.

I like not having to worry about much aside from flasks, so pre-casting a vortex, starting my flicker, and occasionally hitting E for the VMS works well for me ;)

In consideration of the AOE range nodes, I changed from my initial plans to get them, basically because we attack so quickly, that we are right on top of the enemy packs and don't need the extra radius. If we don't hit an enemy when we jump next to his buddy, you can be sure that he's going to be hit a millisecond later :)

I am interested to see how you go, though, so please keep us updated! I specced out of the top AOE nodes fairly early on in my build testing, so it'd be cool to see how far the range gets with both ;)

Oh, also... You don't need those blood dance boots, I don't think... We don't need them for frenzy charge generation using the Terminus!

Regards,
Nokternl
Last edited by Nokternl on May 5, 2016, 2:10:02 PM
Decided to take out AA and go with HoT

Leaving my helm with a spare blue spot, If i recolor it to green, am i able to put Add Poison damage, thus my chaos golem dealing poison dmg. Does that work>?\

I somewhat want to add in Poison/Chaos, but the dmg from bladefall and blade vortex seems a lot already
poison linked with chaos golem will work but the result will be subpar, it will waste the gem.

Nokternl, thank for the long answer, scold bridle is awesome however i already have an oro's flicker strike character with this concept, so i want to try something else. I understand the cwdt proc perfectly and how it's optimal in your setup.

Well my needs arent to be optimal, as i said i have broken the dps chart a long time ago with my poison flicker strike build so...

for the blood dance, mines are corrupted +1 frenzy and the life regen (without vaal pact) is good, it compensates a bit for the lack of frenzy charges in the tree.

I do not disagree yours choices, they are great. And probably better than what i could do without scold bridle :p You have worked on this build for a long time so!

For tankyness, i have TOH ready, but yeah the lack of acrobatic hurts. And it's difficult to use kaom/Light coil, i will see i will see, still thinking about all of thoses things.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Any suggestions for a good CWDT Combo. ATM, i have it CWDT 10 + Immortcal Call 11 and Chaos Golem 12. Is there a good gem to go with it? I am testing out frost walls with it right now.
"
iRexyGoRawr wrote:
Any suggestions for a good CWDT Combo. ATM, i have it CWDT 10 + Immortcal Call 11 and Chaos Golem 12. Is there a good gem to go with it? I am testing out frost walls with it right now.

Increased duration for longer immortal call, summon skeletons for more targets to confuse your enemies, I tried the wallsdand although we jump over them, I didn't like it. I am actually using herald of thunder in that slot right now.
Small update on my progress,
I'm now level 84, almost 85, it's becoming much easier to survive now that I've passed the 4k HP mark.

42.64% crit chance on my flicker strike before any power charges, and clearing some higher level maps without too much difficulty. Added in the Scolds Bridle and going great with it, though it would be nice if the Vaal Molten Shell could be active more often ;)

Looking to get a 5-6link Terminus Est now if you want to sell a spare
Good one! Sure, I have a spare. Still trying for a 6L :) Not that I need it.

I have put up a build video now, btw... Linked at the top of the build. Quite long winded at nearly 35 minutes, but hopefully it covers everything! :)
What do you think of a Oro Sacrafice

EX of stat
30% increased Accuracy RatingNo Physical Damage
Adds (425–550 to 475–600) Fire Damage
(10 to 15)% increased Attack Speed
20% chance to Ignite
20% increased Physical Damage taken
20% increased Fire Damage taken
Culling Strike against Burning Enemies
Gain a Frenzy Charge if an Attack Ignites an Enemy
"
iRexyGoRawr wrote:
What do you think of a Oro Sacrafice

EX of stat
30% increased Accuracy RatingNo Physical Damage
Adds (425–550 to 475–600) Fire Damage
(10 to 15)% increased Attack Speed
20% chance to Ignite
20% increased Physical Damage taken
20% increased Fire Damage taken
Culling Strike against Burning Enemies
Gain a Frenzy Charge if an Attack Ignites an Enemy

Oro's sacrifice is the only other way to gain frenzy charges without killing enemies, and there are already some great builds using this. Having said that, those builds are very different to this one, stacking fire and burning damage and not crit. The oro's builds are quite tanky, too, but I don't know much more about them so I can't really compare the two builds. Maybe someone who has tried both can give their opinion?
Last edited by Nokternl on May 9, 2016, 9:10:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info