... Snail Time ...

Alright, back up to 50%...time to call it a night.

The funny part...once I went back to the map (Necrap, I mean Necropolis) and killed the foes from the box...it dropped me a Plateau map. >_<

I gotta laugh at the irony...so ha ha on me. :D

I have a huge stack of Underground River Maps that I used to avoid...but they aren't so bad, decent exp and easy boss kill. Gotta use the lower end stuff until Zana puts out more (she gave me crap today, hence my reason for going a bit aggro trying to find more)...

Grats on 97, Actkqk! You are leading the charge for us, sir. :D

I guess I got a little cocky since I hadn't ripped in a few weeks...then Rngesus decided to give me a slap upside the head...d'oh. LOL. :P
Couldn't resist a few more maps...52%...now I'm calling it a night. Almost back to where I rip'd....8)
@SasoriOtoko - well done for rolling on.
Strongboxes are rough. I don't do them. They'll give you 0.002% xp (im guessing now lol) and you could lose 10% of yours.
It's not worth opening them imo. If you do, i was advised by someone on the forum to have a flask with chill\heat protection, so if you
click on it and won't get frozen.
I ripped on 93 to a strongbox and it was the last one I opened.
Well done for fighting on tho!!!!!

Actkqk well done on reaching 97! Especially after that awful rip at the end of 96. That was a horrible rip. And thanks for posting the scores.
You're a 1000 ranks away from me :)\

Me: Finished lab merc.
Going to start on 97 later.
Maps not great, but not terrible. Got a few chateau and a handful of plats and gorges and some t11s. Going to need a lot more though.
Bit nervous of starting new level. But onwards we go. I get desperate to lvl , then I do, then its, here we go again time.

Anyhoo, good luck to all!

Turnip
I always open white and blue strongboxes immediately, and when playing higher-leveled chars (like my SRS summoner) I identify rares before opening them.

For SRS, I summon a handful of minions before opening any box. A rare can have up to 3 "bad" mods, with freeze being the only scary one and "detonates corpses" being the only one that can insta-kill me if combined with freeze. If there's a freeze mod, I'll keep a trigger-finger on my antifreeze flask and then run away right after opening the box. If there's not a freeze mod, then just running away is always sufficient.

Since a blue strongbox can only have one bad mod, it's impossible for me to die to one without being an idiot; all I have to do is remember to run away as soon as I open it; I have, on two occasions, RIP'd by being an idiot and standing still on top of a blue "detonates corpses" strongbox.
Last edited by codetaku on May 12, 2016, 11:14:16 AM
Pretty good strategy there, but I wouldn't want to open a flask spot, just to open strong boxes.
And I'd need an anti-freeze flask for that.

Turnip
Well funny you mention getting frozen Turnip...cause that is exactly what happened when I opened the box and I couldn't seem to get unfrozen in time. This is only life flask I carry with my Pathfinder to avoid this:

....wait...WTF!!!!

Shit...this is why it didn't work!!! I HAD THE WRONG FLASK EQUIPPED!

Ok...there was a special flask I always carried which had life and anti freeze properties and due to Pathfinder mods and COC/Crit madness it never, and I mean *never* runs out...and I keep it on just for strongboxes...because once I open and pop the flask, I'm free of freezing instantly and then can obliterate the enemies very quickly. It has never failed me until the other night when I stayed frozen and the foes were packed around me and started beating on me...then I panicked and had my logout script fail...and yeah...RIP.

But...it looks like I put the wrong flask on as I sometimes swap out with a hybrid flask when doing low regen maps as my mana will run out...but stupid ass me didn't even realize that I put the wrong Life flask back on! This explains why it didn't seem to refill as fast last night...what an idiot...here is the flask I SHOULD be carrying:

Which was conveniently sitting on my main swap tab. I changed my tree after hitting 95 to add more mana so I stopped using the hybrid flask but that was over a week ago...so how long was I running around without my legacy surgeons anti-freeze flask? Egads...again...I'm an IDIOT!

I was not only opening every box on the map...i was alcing any white ones too! But I used to avoid opening them when I was grinding since I used to have a crappy old computer and my new one gives me way more time to react. But I had a few deaths due to my drunken guildies opening boxes when I was in the low 90s so I stopped opening them...but then I got greedy and started opening any and all of them...but let this be a good lesson:

DO NOT OPEN ANYMORE STRONGBOXES WHILE GRINDING!!!

Thank you for the advice, guys...I had to learn it the hard way. :-0

Of course, if I encounter a unique or Cartobox...I will portal in my boss killer Ascendant and open it without hesitation. :D
Good plan.
they're not worth the time or risk to your hard earned xp.
I have ripped 91 to a missclick on a rare strongbox.

Some advice from a new hand.

Careful as you rush around killing the dregs, the sheer dregs of Wraecklast.

Avoid the rare strongbox click and you'll be doing good.

Well done for your percerverance after using the wrong flask.

:D

Gl man.

Turnip King of Chicken s*** Mapping
Yeah...strongboxes are best avoided unless you are a super tank, lol. :D

Hmm, this will free up a flask spot for me as I have a tab full of legacy surgeon's that I made before the nerf in anticipation of future COC needs...but I might stick with the trusty anti-freeze...it has served me well up until I forgot to equip it! :--\

I rarely see Carto's anymore...I used to find them often but now even with all the crazy grinding I can't remember the last time I encountered one...it has been months it seems. And I've only found one unique strongbox which was this weird barrel thing...but after a ton of spiders dropped out I got a Bino's so it was worth it.
Damn, most of my legacy Surgeon's are all anti-bleed...of course there was no way I would know then that there would be a new Ranger subclass that could remove bleeding just by using any flask...which btw is a really, really awesome ability.

Wait...this also explains why I had to run from a Corrupted Blood rare monster after my life flask kept running out charges...that legacy surgeon's prefix is almost OP in the hands of a Pathfinder...anyway...lesson learned. =)
98% exp to lvl93. Decided to run a rare arid map with "players have vulnerability" as the only packsize mod, what could go wrong? Went in, didn't notice the mods, started smacking a rare enemy with corrupting blood. Usually have to get about 10 stacks or so before the bleed gets dangerous. In comes flying an entire pack of blue vultures with corrupted bloodline. Earthquake explodes, I end up with about 20 stacks of corrupting blood while cursed with vulnerability.

RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info