Polite ragequit thread (PHC)

"
ventiman wrote:
dont you love it when standard ppl post in a hc thread ? reminds me of the virgin guy telling ppl how sex works

Some non-virgins are so bad at sex that even a virgin could be able to give them a useful tip :)
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 27, 2016, 7:25:00 AM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
dont you love it when standard ppl post in a hc thread ? reminds me of the virgin guy telling ppl how sex works

Some non-virgins are so bad at sex that even a virgin could be able to give them a useful tip :)

Or maybe just the tip?

hue hue hue
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Ive stopped playing after several HC rips and a few softcore rerolls. I might be back for the next league, maybe... but I just hate the lab blocks progression to the coolest crap in the game: ascendancy.

I dunno, its just not sitting well with me at the moment. Moved onto another game.
I also play PHC and have 3 different chars. For my very defensive shield char the lab in merc is just a joke. I can speedfarm it in 7-9 minutes depending on how many gold doors are that day. My other char is a ranger and I did the merc lab only once at lvl75 and it was scary as hell... got my points and never going back in there with that char. My last one has not done merc lab yet as I don't think he's ready yet.

The point is that different builds have different survivability scenarios and for some the lab is just very easy. The shield char can completely ignore all mobs and just be a little careful with certain type of traps, for example the rotating pillars and the roombas. Izaro is very easy even on merc.

I actually like the lab and also like that its traps are challenging even 80+. If we get it trivialized then what's the point? The real problem is that different builds have very different experience in the lab... that should be roughly the same regardless whether your char is EV based or ES based or HP/AC based. It should really be the same for 2 chars that are same level and HP because the traps actually take HP based on a percentage anyways.
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
"
IronSteel wrote:
...(2-3 seconds being hit by a blade sentry is enough to drain 10k ES with 14k armor? seriously?)....

You will die in 2-3 seconcds too if u are standing in front of a high tier map boss and dont do anything or move. So pls tell me where is the difference?
It's not a high tier map boss, it's lvl 68 content.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
When I came back to PoE recently I logged on to my 81 Witch in HC and ran around a bit. Didn't do much practice at first. I figured I'd try the new content. I finally got all the trials and went into the lab, in Normal. I thought the traps were trash because they did so little damage to me in the trials. So I was cautious but not really giving them the respect they deserve.

A few minutes into the second area, a single sawblade was there. I thought ok, I'll just run through this one. As I ran, the sawblade hit the end of its path, and turned around just as I got to it. I freaked out a little, and instead of continuing through the trap, I turned around. Basically sat in the sawblade for 3-4 seconds. And died.

Instantly deleted my Standard 81 Witch with all the gear. (my tip for anyone doing HC, don't keep SC characters, treat them as dead when they die)

I'm glad I died. I was able to re-roll in PHC and try Scion. I would have stayed in HC for sure otherwise. PHC is a lot of fun. I like my new character a little better too, and now even though my best Merc Lab run is ~11 minutes, I still take my sweet time on traps to make sure I don't do something stupid again.

That is what HC is all about. You treat each threat with the respect it deserves. That respect is the knowledge that you lose it all should you die.
Yep I dc'd on blade sentry yesterday, I have a good connection etc bs. My ping sits at 49.

I was just in lab to reroll a bad helm mod, feels so unjust.
#NeverGoing90
Lab is the reason I don't run HC anymore. I have shoddy internet so I'll just rip. But tbh I'm having no issues with it at all, I've died twice, I think, from lag and like the other 3-4 times I've died was my own stupid fault.

I also still don't get the thought of it being super hard with ES based chars. I ran my CI build through like it was nothing at level 68 (right as I got my IM since I was going Chaos Incinerate)
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
On a slightly related note, anyone tried getting a summoner through the lab?
Other than the hilariously broken ES penalty from traps, you can't see the floor worth shit in the more congested trap areas. Having 10 zombies follow you around effectively blinding you to traps is slihtly frustrating :/
"
Jaille wrote:
The labyrinth traps should be a mix of mitigated damage and unmitigated damage

Traps would still hurt you considerably even with high armor/life, so you'd still be punished for making mistakes
But at the same time defenses would make a noticeable difference

Squishy characters would have a harder time than they have now
Well built defensive-wise characters would have an easier time than they have now

Now it's the opposite really. You're penalized for having high life because it's harder to re-fill it with flasks, while having low-life makes it easier...

yep, 100x this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info