Polite ragequit thread (PHC)

This league has been a blast for sure. I've spent a damn lot of time playing, even took many days off work to do so.

I've had at least 6 fully geared chars (with high end stuff). I've died to my own mistakes a couple of times (atziri - palace dominus); other times to DC; but, the others, which were 70-80 chars (including the last of my rips, which happened a few minutes ago) came to blade sentry traps.

I'm seriously annoyed at such kind of rubbish bullshit. It doesnt matter how much hp-armor-regen you have: you simply cannot stand in a trap for more than 3 seconds. This is complete nonsense and is a godamn bitchslap to players who spent 50+ hours on a character (not counting farming hours to get their gear) to lose it due to 2-3 seconds being hit by a trap. This is absurd and really needs to be addressed.

If lab is supposed to be rippy just for the sake of it, then I consider this a very lousy game design (which is only consequent with the upcoming "statistics" showing -with some weird pride- how many characters died). This is seriously unreal and I fail miserably to understand how game developers could be so pleased and "feel accomplished" with having people dead to nonsense (2-3 seconds being hit by a blade sentry is enough to drain 10k ES with 14k armor? seriously?).

With that in mind, I'll forever be hesitant if I ever decide to support economically a development team who creates new "deadly" stuff just for the sake of it. Game is already complex and difficult (because no, just due to streamers making it look easy doesn't mean the game is in fact easy), and adding "instakill" new content is beyond my comprehension.

Hoping with 2.3 patch you'll address these matters, I thank you in advance.

P.S: If logout macro is the way to go and game is balanced around it, please let me know so I can dedicate my time and money to another -amongst the tons of- RPG/MMO game in the market.

Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 1:30:35 PM
Why do you play hardcore?

I think you should try this instead. Play softcore and when you die use a book of regression to lower your character 1 level. It's more punishing than the current death penalty but it's not so punishing that you lose all your gear and rage quit.

Or just be like other hardcore players and RIP, reroll.

Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
IronSteel wrote:
and adding "instakill" new content is beyond my comprehension.

3 seconds is instakill? Ever though about moving away from it in all that time you have before dying?
did lab once got my points never again

btw the traps hit for different values

i can regen between spike traps
i barely notice poison darts
roombas hit hard
that spike pillar is a nightmare kills 50% es just touching it
the blades are bullshit

its easier to buy the enchant than risking your char for it

data will show ppl avoid the lab like the plague
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
3 seconds is plenty of time to not die. Hell..stand in a pack of mobs for 3 seconds without doing anything and you will die.

Sounds to me like you should just play on softcore and relieve some of your stress. HC is about dying, you make a character in HC and you need to have the mindset that you WILL die..and it will probably be unexpected and sudden. That is why you play HC.

Also, If you don't enjoy the lab, then only do it when you are over leveled..it becomes trivial at that point.

IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
HC is about dying, you make a character in HC and you need to have the mindset that you WILL die..and it will probably be unexpected and sudden. That is why you play HC.

Also, If you don't enjoy the lab, then only do it when you are over leveled..it becomes trivial at that point.

Some of the most common sense advice I've seen here in a long time. OP, and general whiners, please listen to this!
Censored.
dont you love it when standard ppl post in a hc thread ? reminds me of the virgin guy telling ppl how sex works
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Apr 23, 2016, 4:36:41 PM
The labyrinth traps should be a mix of mitigated damage and unmitigated damage

Traps would still hurt you considerably even with high armor/life, so you'd still be punished for making mistakes
But at the same time defenses would make a noticeable difference

Squishy characters would have a harder time than they have now
Well built defensive-wise characters would have an easier time than they have now

Now it's the opposite really. You're penalized for having high life because it's harder to re-fill it with flasks, while having low-life makes it easier...
"
IronSteel wrote:
This league has been a blast for sure. I've spent a damn lot of time playing, even took many days off work to do so.

I've had at least 6 fully geared chars (with high end stuff). I've died to my own mistakes a couple of times (atziri - palace dominus); other times to DC; but, the others, which were 70-80 chars (including the last of my rips, which happened a few minutes ago) came to blade sentry traps.

I'm seriously annoyed at such kind of rubbish bullshit. It doesnt matter how much hp-armor-regen you have: you simply cannot stand in a trap for more than 3 seconds. This is complete nonsense and is a godamn bitchslap to players who spent 50+ hours on a character (not counting farming hours to get their gear) to lose it due to 2-3 seconds being hit by a trap. This is absurd and really needs to be addressed.

If lab is supposed to be rippy just for the sake of it, then I consider this a very lousy game design (which is only consequent with the upcoming "statistics" showing -with some weird pride- how many characters died). This is seriously unreal and I fail miserably to understand how game developers could be so pleased and "feel accomplished" with having people dead to nonsense (2-3 seconds being hit by a blade sentry is enough to drain 10k ES with 14k armor? seriously?).

With that in mind, I'll forever be hesitant if I ever decide to support economically a development team who creates new "deadly" stuff just for the sake of it. Game is already complex and difficult (because no, just due to streamers making it look easy doesn't mean the game is in fact easy), and adding "instakill" new content is beyond my comprehension.

Hoping with 2.3 patch you'll address these matters, I thank you in advance.

P.S: If logout macro is the way to go and game is balanced around it, please let me know so I can dedicate my time and money to another -amongst the tons of- RPG/MMO game in the market.

I hate the lab a lot .
R.I.P 4.B.
Wow that is crazy unlucky to DC on top of traps multiple times.

People with bad internet should really just play standard leagues, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info