Animate Guardian WONT RECAST and STOLE MY ITEMS

"
TiLung wrote:

So in otherwords If you die in a DC and you can't even Close the game,.. You loose your guard coz well sorry mate your game fucked you.. come on,.

if your client disconnects from the server, your guardian stays in the level the same time as your char before the server takes them both out automatically. which is after 6 seconds.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
mark1030 wrote:
BiS means best in slot. Which is what you would use to make an unkillable guardian who does a ton of dps.

Why are you even arguing? Nothing you summon comes back when it dies. You always have to summon new minions that died.

And people do use this skill and keep it alive. How much minion life do you have in the tree? What level is your minion life gem you have linked to the guardian? What level is the guardian skill? You turn crap gear into a minion and don't support it properly and then complain that it stole your items.

You debated this for hours with a few people? Glad I wasn't one of them. That's a few hours they'll never get back.

I have argued for hours over this because although some of [Removed by Support]. maybe because i don't think it should work like this,. Imo If people wanted to make OP chars why not build a RF firestorm class and have over 3m DPS ,. dun dun dun.. no use for minions,. OR maybe another OP class that is so OP the game can't even touch it?

in other-words what i am saying is why worry about people becoming OVER POWERED when there is already a fuck ton of content in game that are making people already way to powerful for even my system to see what is happening on screen... its like walking into Pixle Armageddon.

The reason I don't want to understand it is because I do think the Mechanics in this skill should work differently,. IF they are worried about people making the minion super OP there is such a thing as ahem. Being the original writers of the script so,.. ahem You can ban certain HTML's from being used on it. IE certain items wont be able to be used on it,.

also to be honest i doubt you could even make the guardian powerful enough to hit over 2k dps the thing is dire terrible. dumbest AI i have come across in POE.

I feel sorry for the people who argued with me too,. they got no where because they argued and called me an idiot basically because they don't agree with how i presented my frustration after discovering how the skill worked...

Alas I have sent emails to GGG as i got pissed off with none of their Forum mods bothering to reply or make a statement or present a counter Argument,. I guess you guys are doing that but alas to be fair with you,. to me your arguments are invalid when there is so much in game already to make OP classes with why care about another thing being made BETTER and more USEFUL than its shitty state right now.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Apr 26, 2016, 3:29:01 PM
"
TiLung wrote:

What good would that do the guardian does no dps what so ever and the AI in it is stupid as fuck..

i've seen ag soloing t14 piety. [Removed by Support]
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Apr 26, 2016, 3:26:53 PM
"
TiLung wrote:
pretty jacked off.. just gave it 3 UNIQ items,. I died and now it wont recas, it say's it retains the items when you log in and out , But not when you die? what the hell..

THis is your complain about the game right now ? THIS ? -.-
R.I.P 4.B.
Honestly, don't use this gem if you think it's crap or unreasonable. It's never meant to be an all class gem, only for players with dedicated 4-links + summoner.
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 26, 2016, 6:45:23 PM

And rare boots and gloves are the only things you should ever be feeding your AG as a summoner. If you are not a summoner and are trying to run this, vendor the gem, you don't deserve it. All 3 of those I'm pretty sure people would simply give you for free if you ask nicely at this point. Linked to minion life and maybe resists and then having the same in your passives makes it pretty damn hard to kill when it is surrounded by zombies and spectres.

Other than that, I just got up from a nap and this thread made me laugh myself awake. Good job.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Apr 26, 2016, 7:53:47 PM
"
TiLung wrote:
pretty jacked off..

Lol'd at this, then stopped reading.
"...we try not to be dicks." - Mark
"...i speke good englesh" - Rhys
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl
"

And rare boots and gloves are the only things you should ever be feeding your AG as a summoner. If you are not a summoner and are trying to run this, vendor the gem, you don't deserve it. All 3 of those I'm pretty sure people would simply give you for free if you ask nicely at this point. Linked to minion life and maybe resists and then having the same in your passives makes it pretty damn hard to kill when it is surrounded by zombies and spectres.

Other than that, I just got up from a nap and this thread made me laugh myself awake. Good job.

TBH, I run AG with exactly those items and it never dropped below 50% HP in last 3 months of gameplay ( leveling from 80 to 91 in T10-T12 maps ).
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
It sounds like the OP thinks far too highly of AG than is sane.

The skill's design is meant for you to think about the inherent risk of it dying and losing items. That ends up giving more player interaction than just "set it and forget it."

The price for its versatility and potential power compared to golems or other summons is the fact that all of it can be lost. That is balanced.

Having the AG always able to be around and keep its items even after it dies would be imbalanced and bad for the game. It's not gonna happen.
"
ZL0J wrote:
"

TBH, I run AG with exactly those items and it never dropped below 50% HP in last 3 months of gameplay ( leveling from 80 to 91 in T10-T12 maps ).

Exactly, it lasts when I play my summoner forever. I usually have a set or two waiting in case it does die. Last time it died and I was missing a breath, I used that as my cue to take a break from playing the summoner. Now that I want to try Femurs of the Saints build it will be started back up.

"
It sounds like the OP thinks far too highly of AG than is sane.

The skill's design is meant for you to think about the inherent risk of it dying and losing items. That ends up giving more player interaction than just "set it and forget it."

The price for its versatility and potential power compared to golems or other summons is the fact that all of it can be lost. That is balanced.

Having the AG always able to be around and keep its items even after it dies would be imbalanced and bad for the game. It's not gonna happen.

I honestly can't even see how letting an AG stick around forever if it has a cooldown timer when it dies is even a big deal. I can't think of any combo that would make AG OP or mandatory except for being a supplement to summoners. The dying breath and leer cast is about all that makes it mandatory for summoners so it isn't even necessary if trying to play self-found. Disregarding those items, what good is a AG with Disfavor, Shavronne's, Kaom's? It would be like giving all these items to a brand new player and expecting them to facetank core Malachai. The items pretty much just do a default amount of defense and offense so I could see AG sticking around forever, it just is not necessary since people aren't stupid enough to waste more than a few chaos per AG if running it correctly.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info