[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

@MinstrelShadrak

Ahh interesting test run with your full tank armour version. It's a lot different from mine. The lack of damage is quite noticeable, but you do become a lot tankier in the process.

I think 8.5k life is a bit too much though, so yeah dropping it down to 6.5-7k would be a better balance of both offense and defense. I think with higher damage, you won't need anymore mana leech since you only have to attack once for each pack, so you can reallocate those points too and run clarity instead.

Nice work and informative video. Great testing, and yeah, elemental reflect rares are fine but definitely avoid elemental reflect maps.

On a side note I just managed to kill Atziri with this character. http://i.imgur.com/3F9YmUq.jpg
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 20, 2016, 7:20:54 AM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
you won't need anymore mana leech

I went there for dex & lifeleech too. If you take the full life leech wheel it's easy mode on,
it brings so much quality of life.

Eventually you'll be forced to conserve currency and run almost all map mods,
including lower/no regen, it'll be handy for those.

"
MoarPizza wrote:
elemental reflect rares are fine

I think I use a different standard though. With your 35k tooltip and 5k life the stars will align with only 2-3 extra factors. Like standing on shocked ground, roll your top end damage, a crit, elemental overload, shocked rare, If the rare refuses to die with a totem and you accidently shoot it twice... or there's 2 reflect rares.... you're guaranteed to die before reaching high level. I'm aiming for something like a very very small chance for the stars to align before level 90-92.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 21, 2016, 12:31:43 PM
@MinstrelShadrak

For no regen maps, I just turn off clarity and use a mana flask and its not really a big issue and lower regen maps are still ok with high mana regeneration.

"
Like standing on shocked ground, roll your top end damage, a crit, shocked rare, extra damage rare/map mod. If the rare refuses to die with a totem and you accidently shoot it twice...

I just reached level 90 with around 5.7k life and haven't died to reflect yet, but generally that type of stuff is so rare, that I don't really think about it too much. But different players have different play-styles so I understand if you value that more than me.

Also, you can try this tree instead for your armour build, which is more offensively balanced.

Passive Tree

This tree, uses the lioneye's fall jewel at the duelist area for a massive DPS boost, and also takes lava lash and Iron Grip. Run Grace with Herald of Ash, and your DPS should be pretty high and your survivability will also be good. Life is around 150%, but with good jewels can reach 171%, which should get you to 7k life.

Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 20, 2016, 1:53:37 PM
Ty for your guide MoarPizza. I'm testing a Shadow version with Sabouter inspired on your build. Leveling, 25 for now. Yes dont have Shaper of Desolation, but has a extra defensive setup (blind associations, then more hardcore viable) and a inate elemental pen on the burning damage + extra fire damage. This build will be a low budget.

Level 85:
http://poeplanner.com/AAAABAYDX02SI_aNfVfiMol35UV8HRTxbJeFLpQ09yGwcYWxQoPb6-RfKlXGOlgnLxo4kFUwfGHiVUsmlWKsnapsjI9G2CTwHwSzogCMNgQHz90tH5Ugaxdd8onTcFIqC5uhVkhRRzrYwFS86mZUlG8kqjbpFm_javfXpwjv69AfwfOiozfU7T_jhDY9G8iNvyaI6Fq3MGpDFr_tIOFzgpvlGfv1tDgFtcLsTLNyD7TF8YrUI5UuSVHw1QceaPKsmFnzDkh_xipbgl5S7PrSEZZmnpeXr43zETcX_UqgeUIsE9_2nw==

Full build:
http://poeplanner.com/AAAABAYDX02SI_aNfVfiMol35UV8HRTxbJeFLpQ09yGwcYWxQoPb6-RfKlXGOlgnLxo4kFUwfGHiVUsmlWKsnapsjI9G2CTwHwSzogCMNgQHz90tH5Ugaxdd8onTcFIqC5uhVkhRRzrYwFS86mZUlG8kqjbpFm_javfXpwjv69AfwfOiozfU7T_jhDY9G8iNvyaI6Fq3MGpDFr_tIOFzgpvlGfv1tDgFtcLsTLNyD7TF8YrUI5UuSVHw1QceaPKsmFnzDkh_xipbgl5S7PrSEZZmnpeXr43zETbYSRsqjexVEmkXHHF5euZj_UbXUXQagaaZVEemvjcX_UqgeUIsE9_2nw==

I will use the basic setup: BA > GMP > Pierce > Ignite > Burning Damage
Against maps with all immunity stats ailments or monsters with this (like Atziri) just use Critical Strike Chance (to Elemental Overloard) instead Ignite and added fire or fire pen or WED instead Burning Damage, just take care against reflect on this setup.

About gear I will use Cloak of Flame (more ignite damage with physical damage mitigation), Lioneyes's Glare and initially Maloney's Nightfall to combine with my blind bonus. With currency, a Drillneck.

About buffs, Herald of Ash + AA + Clarity + other thing (maybe Purity of Fire helping vs physical and reflect damage) if the mana to be enough.

:)
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Apr 20, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
@Carrasco_Santo

Ah k. Good luck with it. Probably use fire penetration over increased burning damage, it will provide a higher DPS boost. Anger is a huge DPS boost as well, so try to work that in there if you can.

Have fun!

How does our single target dmg work on high tier maps? Could some give some infos?
@juseq

Pretty good. I can currently one-shot Crematorium boss with a single burning arrow and they burn to death if it ignites (Current ignite chance around 60% without conflux).

If you have elemental conflux up or gloves with elemental weakness on hit, most bosses will burn to death after one hit.

Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 20, 2016, 3:07:57 PM
Neither AOE gem nor passives scale the beacon of ruin prolif effect, you're wasting points on those nodes

Edit: Also surge binders are really good for this build 42% ele damage from frenzy charges and 21% phys from end charges
Last edited by Fhix441 on Apr 20, 2016, 5:16:24 PM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@Carrasco_Santo

Ah k. Good luck with it. Probably use fire penetration over increased burning damage, it will provide a higher DPS boost. Anger is a huge DPS boost as well, so try to work that in there if you can.

Have fun!

Ty Moar for your considerations. :)

Really after one table with Excel and calculations Fire Pen is better that burning damage. WED to close on 6L (if RNG bless me :P).

About my tree, after calculations I think that this build could work well with EB same with Acrobatics on my build.

It should not be difficult to have around 300/400 of ES on the gear. My BA will cost only 18 of mana on the 5L. A cost very low and good.
PA (level 20) * (1 + GMP + Chance to Ignite + Pierce + Fire pen)
8 * (1 + 0,65 + 0,1 + 0,1 + 0,4) = 18 of mana cost

With this I can use Anger + Herald of Ash + AA. Nice. :D

Tree updated.

You could consider using EB as well. Well, ty. :D
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
@Icease

Increased area of effect does scale beacon of ruin. The increased aoe gem doesn't scale it since it can't be linked to the skill, but generic aoe from the tree does. You can ask on reddit and they will confirm for you.

Also surgebinders is ok for the gloves slot, but sadly it has no life which is a big detriment. Also later on, you will gain more DPS from attack speed and flat fire damage.

@carrasco_santo

EB is a bit too much investment for me, especially with Acrobatics. It might work for you though. Good luck!

Also just killed Death and Taxes Boss. http://i.imgur.com/dIZuCG0.jpg
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 21, 2016, 2:20:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info