[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

"
MoarPizza wrote:

I just reached level 90 with around 5.7k life and haven't died to reflect yet, but generally that type of stuff is so rare, that I don't really think about it too much.

Did some mapping, yesterday. like 5-6 maps only.
Found a extra damage & elemental reflect rare in poorjoy's uniq map.
Found a reflect rare (didn't mouse over, dont know other mods) near a cannot die totem in shrine map. I shot him 3 times in a row.

The danger is real :)
I've recorded some, will show them later.

"
MoarPizza wrote:

Also, you can try this tree instead for your armour build, which is more offensively balanced. This tree, uses the lioneye's fall jewel at the duelist area for a massive DPS boost, and also takes lava lash and Iron Grip. Run Grace with Herald of Ash, and your DPS should be pretty high and your survivability will also be good. Life is around 150%, but with good jewels can reach 171%, which should get you to 7k life.

Yeah I was looking at the downside with iron grip for some time.
Ballanced out old fatso tree to 7,9k life & 15k dmg hideout tooltip. It was alot better then before.

Atm trying out left side tree (similar to your suggestion), without lioneye's fall. Also dropped the compleet mid section of the templar. I Don't miss the increased AoE. 9 radius + 15% aoe stays small no matter what. GMP ftw.

Ended up with 7.2k life & 20k dmg tooltip. 12k+ armor -> 26k with 2 flasks: rumi + 100%arm flask. Currently testing with that.

observations & brainfarts

Things are going good with the left tree. I like the fire penentration stacking.
Could Always use elemental weakness gloves on hit gloves for more deeps, but all that
fire pen will make the build able to run maps with EE and/or +60% Fire resistance.

Tree ballance options are many. like 3 Jewel slots left to take, like 6 life (some 4%) left to take.

Not sure about investing into endurance charges. I do have the room to carry the gem, it just feels clunky now and then.

Could not get the worm flask working.

Currently running rumi's flask. Loving it.

Running 2x vaal haste. 2? not 1? yes, 2 is nice. whenever you see them both charged, pop 1. So many times I find myself finishing map and realise I saved the darn vaal haste the compleet run until the last area with the boss.

Never been a big fan of vaal grace, but might try that too.

Pieces of the puzzle seems falling together. Also noticed in party you gain a crazy amount of dps. could even gain anger and Avatar of fire coverts all them hatred/wrath aura's. Popping out herald of ash for purity of fire is a good option for party play.

I'm doing something wrong with single target boss killing. It's going too slow, perhaps it's my low chance to ignite, not sure yet.

Still so many upgrades possible for my gear. zero WED on my amulet/rings. Low added fire on my rings. No good 3 stat jewel. No armor on belt, No helm enchant etc etc etc.

But i gues that's all keeping it abit economical besides the 6L glare.

Also wondering about dropping iron reflexes, and just run around with grace the old fashioned way. Will probably keep endurance charges up with that playstyle. But would gain 36-40% chance to evade tooltip. No idea how much accuracy t12+ monsters have, so no idea how much %chance that will actually be.

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 21, 2016, 7:27:18 AM
@MinstrelShadrak

Hmm.. I think it's because I run Acrobatics, so I have a 40% chance of dodging reflected damage. So the way the 'hits can't be evaded' mod works is that you can't evade the reflected damage, but you can still dodge them. But yeah, I guess the ruby flask or even a sibyl's lament will probably help with the reflect.

Interesting thing about the 2x vaal haste. I might try to fit in a vaal haste too, since it's nice for bosses.

Hmm.. About your single-target, try using slower projectiles instead of GMP. Slower proj is good because it gives 30% more projectile damage, which also double-dips your burning damage.

Yeah I think your ignite chance might be too low atm. I currently have around 60% chance to ignite, once you find a helm with the enchanted mod "20% increased ignite chance of burning arrow" it should get better. Also maybe go for celestial punishment for more ignite chance and damage.

But you still have a lot more dps to get from gear and stuff so I wouldn't worry too much atm.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 21, 2016, 11:26:43 AM
hmmm, first world problem, I scale my damage way too high with dual-curse, I one shot myself from reflect rare mob, lol.

Just from the tool-tip DPS, I also found out added fire provides a huge boost, I put it for my 6th links.

I use orb of storm with curse on hit, flame, ele weak, so it procs a lot of stuff at the same time, power charges, ele overload, quite hand against boss, I believe this is necessary in the very end-game.sd
@minimalistjason

haha, maybe dont dual curse for reflect mobs lol. Yeah Added fire, life leech or chance to ignite are good 6 links to use.

Cool thing about the orb of storms, I'm more a lazy player so I don't really bother, but it's pretty useful if you have the links to spare.

How are you finding the build?
Hi i m coming back for a little feedback on my burn build.

My clearspeed is really good, and i can do reflect map with purity of fire/ruby flask. I use double curse (ele weakness/flammability). I dont use Lioneye's Glare, but Infractem with RT, so i dont crit and with the 100% pierce included in it i can double curse on a 4L with split arrow coz i already have two 5L, one (slower proj) for boss/rare, one (gmp) for packs. For me 100% hit is better, crit on a reflect map can be a pain and i really dont need to crit for my burning damage.

Tooltip dps unbuff on my ba/gmp is 4k9, on ba/slower proj 8k7, thats why reflect doesnt oneshot me, but the burn do the job. I m really surprised about the clearspeed when i see the tooltip dps, but it works really well and its really satisfying to see mobs burning.

At the start i planned to do eb/mom/zo but when i saw the mana cost with my setup i decided to go hybrid coz i didnt need regen mana node, i dont even use clarity, i use anger + discipline, i swap discipline with purity of fire on reflect map.

I have a 5L Carcass but the inc aoe is useless, i will swap for a chest with more life/es.
I have 4k life and 2k es at lvl 78. I dont have all the planned node life/es so i can achieve easily 5k life 3k es or more at 90 i think.

I took Overloaded node with an intuitive leap for having endurance charge so my setup cwdt/ic/increased duration last a bit longer. I ll see if its really usefull or not. With Overloaded and Blood Dance, i have all the time 4 frenzy and sometimes 3 endurance charge (power charges doesnt matter).

Instead of taking Damage over time node (%dmg are really low imo, ggg should change that coz noone take them), i took 4 jewels with Increased Fire/Projectile/Dot Damage

I wanted to take Mastermind of Discord but penetration only works on hits and not with dot, so i took Shaper and Beacon of Ruin.

I achieved 100% chance of ignite with Burning arrow (enchantement, node and Chance to ignite gem) coz i didnt want to rely on Elemental Conflux specially for boss.
Elemental Conflux is used for only spreading shock with Beacon of Ruin.

That's all for now !

I will surely make a video when i reach 90.
Last edited by Shaen on Apr 21, 2016, 11:30:48 AM
Nice build man! Testing it out right now, i'll let you know how it goes!
"
I scale my damage way too high with dual-curse, I one shot myself from reflect rare mob, lol.

I've been looking abit at reflect, and was assuming that % increased dmg mods on rare/maps could scale it. asked on reddit and heard this was not the case.

So I'm gonna have a go at calculating a reflect situation

for 2,500 reflect damage taken
(as in shoot a reflect rare twice, or hit two rares in one volley at a lootbox or whatever, and rip with 5k life)

How much damage did you have to do?

x4 (25% of fire damage is only taken because of your own 75% fire resistance)
=10.000 dmg done.

x5 (only 20% of damage done to a rare is reflected)
=50.000 dmg done

That's alot of damage to be done.....however....
/1,5 (if the rare monster is shocked by for example your beacon of ruin)
=33.000 dmg done

That doesn't seem that high.... would be 22,2k dmg done if you are shocked yourself...
Although this is assuming you are penetrating the rare's fire resist to exactly 0%.
So penetrating that rare zombie, especially with resistance curses would be rippy)

Possible extra modifiers would be elemental overload 40% more or crit 50%more.
(that would bring 33k dmg down to roughly 22-24k dmg)

And perhaps my math is really bad.... I'm gonna stick to shooting alot of reflect rares on softcore and find out the hard way what feels safe :)

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 21, 2016, 12:24:40 PM
@Shaen

Ah cool, nice work and thanks for letting me know.

I think lioneye's glare might be a decent upgrade though, because you can save 4 points travelling to resolute technique (since it has the 'hits the can't be evaded' mod) and it also has higher DPS. But if you like using Infractem, that's up to you, although you do lose the leech from dyadian dawn.

I like that you tone down the DPS so that you can run elemental reflect maps, that's pretty nice.

Maybe drop the overload node, and replace intuitive leap with a rare jewel instead. I think it's not worth it. You can maybe use enduring cry to get endurance charges instead.

Also, for non-reflect maps, you can try using WED over increased burning damage. I think the increased burning damage gem is a bit too weak atm (hopefully GGG will combine the "increased chance to ignite" gem and the "increased burning damage" into 1 gem).

Anyways, good luck for the build. Looking forward to the video!

@BwenR

Thanks man, good luck with the build. Hope you have fun!
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 21, 2016, 11:55:57 AM
@MinstrelShadrak

Hmm, I think some of your maths is wrong, because shock increases the damage taken by 1.5x not 2x.

So it would be 50,000 / 1.5 = 33,333.

And then if you are shocked as well, then it would be 33,333 / 1.5 = 22,222 damage.

Keep in mind, this is not 22,222 DPS but 22,222 damage per hit.

So if you and the enemy are both shocked, you will have to deal 44,444 damage (2 hits) to the enemy to kill yourself with reflect (assuming the enemy doesn't die from the first hit and you have 5k life). This value will vary depending on elemental resistance (for example penetration and flammability).
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 21, 2016, 12:19:27 PM

With all that setup, what tier of map are you running? I am very interested in low dmg but 100% ignite build, want to see how does that work out. Please keep us in the loop :D

"
Shaen wrote:
Hi i m coming back for a little feedback on my burn build.

My clearspeed is really good, and i can do reflect map with purity of fire/ruby flask. I use double curse (ele weakness/flammability). I dont use Lioneye's Glare, but Infractem with RT, so i dont crit and with the 100% pierce included in it i can double curse on a 4L with split arrow coz i already have two 5L, one (slower proj) for boss/rare, one (gmp) for packs. For me 100% hit is better, crit on a reflect map can be a pain and i really dont need to crit for my burning damage.

Tooltip dps unbuff on my ba/gmp is 4k9, on ba/slower proj 8k7, thats why reflect doesnt oneshot me, but the burn do the job. I m really surprised about the clearspeed when i see the tooltip dps, but it works really well and its really satisfying to see mobs burning.

At the start i planned to do eb/mom/zo but when i saw the mana cost with my setup i decided to go hybrid coz i didnt need regen mana node, i dont even use clarity, i use anger + discipline, i swap discipline with purity of fire on reflect map.

I have a 5L Carcass but the inc aoe is useless, i will swap for a chest with more life/es.
I have 4k life and 2k es at lvl 78. I dont have all the planned node life/es so i can achieve easily 5k life 3k es or more at 90 i think.

I took Overloaded node with an intuitive leap for having endurance charge so my setup cwdt/ic/increased duration last a bit longer. I ll see if its really usefull or not. With Overloaded and Blood Dance, i have all the time 4 frenzy and sometimes 3 endurance charge (power charges doesnt matter).

Instead of taking Damage over time node (%dmg are really low imo, ggg should change that coz noone take them), i took 4 jewels with Increased Fire/Projectile/Dot Damage

I wanted to take Mastermind of Discord but penetration only works on hits and not with dot, so i took Shaper and Beacon of Ruin.

I achieved 100% chance of ignite with Burning arrow (enchantement, node and Chance to ignite gem) coz i didnt want to rely on Elemental Conflux specially for boss.
Elemental Conflux is used for only spreading shock with Beacon of Ruin.

That's all for now !

I will surely make a video when i reach 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info